[TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Post Reply
User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

[TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Roamer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:04 am

TTDP # 13 is up. And now we know what she looks like when she's really grumpy.

User avatar
paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: south-central Pennsylvania

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by paarfi » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 am

Unlike the human condition of [hyperacusis], Chokky appears to have actual superhearing rather than a lower tolerance to noise. Which makes sense in an MT sort of way.

Interesting that this doesn't appear to be an inherited family thing. It sounds like both the superhearing and the supersized ears were something the rest of the family had not dealt with before.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Roamer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:22 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 am
Unlike the human condition of [hyperacusis], Chokky appears to have actual superhearing rather than a lower tolerance to noise. Which makes sense in an MT sort of way.

Interesting that this doesn't appear to be an inherited family thing. It sounds like both the superhearing and the supersized ears were something the rest of the family had not dealt with before.
Worst case scenario, she might have both superhearing and hyperacusis. That would really suck.

If he has any sense her monitor heard that line about "not caring about civilized behavior" and is calling Masamichi right now.

tambo
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by tambo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 am

Roamer wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:22 pm
If he has any sense her monitor heard that line about "not caring about civilized behavior" and is calling Masamichi right now.
I'm picturing a scene like Jack-Jack's babysitter from The Incredibles.

Masamichi is sitting in his office after finishing a discussion with another client, and picks up his phone:

19 missed calls, 5 voicemail messages

Message 1: Masamichi-san? It's Tanaka. I'm calling about subject S-912. We have a problem. Please contact me.

Message 2: Masamichi-san, it's Tanaka again. I really need to talk to you about subject S-912 right now. She is threatening to destroy all of her equipment -

Message 3: The police and fire brigade are en route to Subject S-912's apartment -

Message 4: Requesting permission to call in the national guard -

Message 5: SUBJECT S-912 IS COMING TO YOU RIGHT NOW, EVACUATE AS SOON AS YOU -

BOOM! The front door of his office explodes inward off its hinges. Masamichi scrambles under his desk for cover, and as the smoke clears...

User avatar
Ningen 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Ningen 2 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:14 am

When someone threatens you, threaten them right back.

I'm liking this response.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

User avatar
Rapierman
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Rapierman » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Annoyed Chokky is very annoyed.

You don't want to annoy Chokky. :ph34r:
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Roamer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:58 am

tambo wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 am
Roamer wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:22 pm
If he has any sense her monitor heard that line about "not caring about civilized behavior" and is calling Masamichi right now.
I'm picturing a scene like Jack-Jack's babysitter from The Incredibles.

Masamichi is sitting in his office after finishing a discussion with another client, and picks up his phone:

19 missed calls, 5 voicemail messages

Message 1: Masamichi-san? It's Tanaka. I'm calling about subject S-912. We have a problem. Please contact me.

Message 2: Masamichi-san, it's Tanaka again. I really need to talk to you about subject S-912 right now. She is threatening to destroy all of her equipment -

Message 3: The police and fire brigade are en route to Subject S-912's apartment -

Message 4: Requesting permission to call in the national guard -

Message 5: SUBJECT S-912 IS COMING TO YOU RIGHT NOW, EVACUATE AS SOON AS YOU -

BOOM! The front door of his office explodes inward off its hinges. Masamichi scrambles under his desk for cover, and as the smoke clears...
I was thinking more "Posting a long ranty video about the TCPD and it's treatment of demihumans." This is the guy who impressed Largo with his arsenal, after all.

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 767
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:43 am

Chokky will not take a course of action that may result in becoming an organ donor or an experimental test subject

User avatar
Ningen 2
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Ningen 2 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure about that. Simply living in MegaTokyo appears to be a course of action that may result in becoming an organ donor or an experimental test subject.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Roamer » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:43 am

Ningen 2 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:19 pm
Hmm. I'm not sure about that. Simply living in MegaTokyo appears to be a course of action that may result in becoming an organ donor or an experimental test subject.
You know, depending on how powerful the MG's and Kitsune really are, it's possible that just watching a trailer for MT-the-game might result in being drug into the MTverse. And I think we can make a case that just being in the game makes you an experimental test subject for something.

Teddy-Werebear
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: WV

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:31 pm

Well that stinks out loud...

olameehan
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Re: [TTDP 013]: hearing the world normally

Post by olameehan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:12 pm

I am really loving this. Chokky is becoming a favorite, grump and all.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests