[1582] your lucky day

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1582] your lucky day

Post by paarfi » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 am

Fred has posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Re: [1582] your lucky day

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 am

well...dang....I sort of knew that was coming but it's still painful to see played out

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 am

Painful, but if he's this clueless it's better to get it over with quickly.

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:25 pm

This resolution does make me sad, but, ultimately it is his choice.

I hope she finds someone nice for her.

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Megumi....... hgnnn... I cant fault her too much, I'd probably do the same thing.... just dont drown yourself in booze when he leaves girl...
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 pm

NooOOOOOO!

Worst end, WORST END!

WE ARE IN THE DARKEST TIMELINE

I REPEAT, WE ARE IN THE DARKEST TIMELINE

Fred, you fuckin' tease!

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Bad call, Glasses Guy.

Although I am starting to believe there really is a hex on Megumi.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:34 pm

You're kidding. 😮

Megumi actually made the sacrifice for him? I never thought that would happen. To consign herself to more misery just for his benefit?

Megumi needs a reward for that.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 pm

Boo, Paisen! Good luck with your crazy GF; Megs was an upgrade, you know........ :roll:

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:51 am

Voyager wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:25 pm
This resolution does make me sad,
Whaddyatalkingabout, the page is viewing a-ok on my screen ;)
I have a feeling this ain't no resolution, there be some roller-coaster still ahead of us.
Liminaut wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:21 pm
Bad call, Glasses Guy.
I'd say that too, if the comic where they came from (Nagatoro) wasn't any good ;)
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 pm
Good luck with your crazy GF
I'd say he'd be used to it by now, at /this/ age, lol ;)

Just wondering how will Fred deal with the inability of cat-girls to exist in MT, since Hayase is prominently known as one...

I spot a fringe of a tail in panel 4, Megu was considering something...

(Thanks @Fred for the page :) )

(tcibt below)

Paisen could still go with 'come with me, there's something going on, and it's not far from here'...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 am

Thanks for the new page, Fred!
Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 am
well...dang....I sort of knew that was coming but it's still painful to see played out
+1 at that.
HakuRyoku wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 pm
…just dont drown yourself in booze when he leaves girl...
…nor in the nearest river…

=/
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 am

Uggh. Agreeing with most of the expressed sentiments above. Going back to her after she's already cheated on you like this is a horrible idea.

Most, except for this one:
cidjen wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:51 am
Liminaut wrote:
Bad call, Glasses Guy.
I'd say that too, if the comic where they came from (Nagatoro) wasn't any good ;)
No way, Nagatoro would never "tease" him in _that_ way. There was a whole chapter about how Paisen was going around trying to figure out why she never teased (mercilessly or otherwise) any other guys.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

SpaceCobraJoe

Post by SpaceCobraJoe » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:42 am

Catgirl with tail (panel 4), catgirl without tail (panel 7). He was obviously to distracted to notice it. What was she thinking?

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:45 am

<Hayase calls back, Megumi picks the phone up>

Look girl, cool your jets. Glasses is getting his pants back on and will be over ASAP.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am

darrin wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 am
Uggh. Agreeing with most of the expressed sentiments above. Going back to her after she's already cheated on you like this is a horrible idea.
It's only /his/ perception filter that she's been cheating. I don't... I can't trust his perception any more, because he used that as an excuse to get laid, and now threw it to the wind, the moment his OG GF called. So he possibly had something in the back of his mind that wasn't entirely up to what he was talking Megumi up with. OFC it may be her tears/cries over phone too, but since he, himself, isn't sure of what's been going on, then it wouldn't be a good foundation for any other relationship he might want to have, if he doesn't get appropriate closure of the old one... Or so I imagine/tcibt.
Most, except for this one:
cidjen wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:51 am
Liminaut wrote:
Bad call, Glasses Guy.
No way, Nagatoro would never "tease" him in _that_ way. There was a whole chapter about how Paisen was going around trying to figure out why she never teased (mercilessly or otherwise) any other guys.
Haha sorry my and my overcomplicated double/triple negation problem ;)

(I don't remember/haven't seen /that/ chapter yet (on the usual suspects it's only up to when Paisen caught a cold) ...)

I meant to say that /because/ the depiction of the rel.building with Nagatoro is so good (though tropey as hell, like they all are, duh), that I /don't/ agree with @Luminaut, that picking up this call was a bad call. If that makes sense now ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 am

I really feel sorry for Megumi. That poor girl seems to be truly cursed. I can only imagine the pain she is going through. I am starting to hope that Invisigoth and I are wrong about Megumi being a nine-tailed kitsune that was cursed by her grandmother. If that actually turns out to be true and she finds out her grandmother dumped the curse on her, vengeance will be swift and the clan will lose a family matriarch.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm

At least Megumi knows the score.

Sad, but better to find out now than later.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm

Isn't this the girl who cheated on him, then disappeared for months? She sounds manipulative in the extreme. I would have asked her where she had been and if she hemmed and hawed like it sound like she was doing, hung up and said to Megumi "Sorry for the interruption. Now where were we?"

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm

maldrul wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm
Isn't this the girl who cheated on him, then disappeared for months? She sounds manipulative in the extreme.
Nah, see she was kidnapped by iranian separatist muskrats. Not her fault at all.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:00 pm

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:42 am
Catgirl with tail (panel 4), catgirl without tail (panel 7). He was obviously to distracted to notice it. What was she thinking?
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1361

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:07 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm
maldrul wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:18 pm
Isn't this the girl who cheated on him, then disappeared for months? She sounds manipulative in the extreme.
Nah, see she was kidnapped by iranian separatist muskrats. Not her fault at all.
friggin Muskrat Girls. they are so much trouble

(adds Muskrat Girls to the Tokyo Threat Documentation folder of people Chokage might have to deal with in the near future)

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:11 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am
It's only /his/ perception filter that she's been cheating.
Usually the "perception filter" works in the other direction. You're well aware of the cheating going on, but over the course of twenty years you keep telling yourself it's gotta get better sooner or later. Then one day you wake up and you're fifty and all you can wonder is what the hell your life was even for. So no, he shouldn't have "thrown it to the wind", certainly Megumi if not he deserved better. I'm saying he shouldn't even have answered the phone. Shouldn't have still had her number _in_ the damn phone. I can see not giving enough of a shit to even change the locks, but changing the locks wouldn't have been a bad idea either.
(I don't remember/haven't seen /that/ chapter yet (on the usual suspects it's only up to when Paisen caught a cold) ...)
Looks like chapter 6, geeze took me forever to find. My description was a bit skewed sorry, except maybe metaphorically; he doesn't physically "go around" but does overhear her in a family restaurant at a sort-of mixer she gets dragged into. He keeps waiting for her to unleash her venom tongue on the hapless boys but all they is icy indifference. He's left wondering why he is her only victim. :lol:
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Oof, Megumi. Ooooof.

Dude seemed too generic to stick around for long, anyway. Plus he had his socks on the whole time.

Even if Megumi didn’t get laid, at least she got a chance to vent about her horrible day and the guy was able to make her feel a little special. Of course, then he had to ruin it by ditching her and making her feel even more alone, but I suppose if she’s cursed to loneliness anyway, this was one of the less painful instances. Like on an oof scale of 1-10 with 10 being the way Junpei made her feel, this guy would only rate a 4.

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:23 pm

Im sorry,i would had picked up the phone,and just said hello, then handed the phone back to him. If I am going to suffer HE is gonna suffer. MUWHAHAHAHA!!
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:01 pm

darrin wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:11 pm
cidjen wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am
It's only /his/ perception filter that she's been cheating.
Usually the "perception filter" works in the other direction. You're well aware of the cheating going on, but over the course of twenty years you keep telling yourself it's gotta get better sooner or later. Then one day you wake up and you're fifty and all you can wonder is what the hell your life was even for. So no, he shouldn't have "thrown it to the wind", certainly Megumi if not he deserved better. I'm saying he shouldn't even have answered the phone. Shouldn't have still had her number _in_ the damn phone. I can see not giving enough of a shit to even change the locks, but changing the locks wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

We are in violent agreement with each other here :) he did all that and then all he was able to give Megumi for an explanation of his sorry emotional state? I was cheated on. Thanks I don't trust you buddy, all you really wanted to do is score… and I should have known better.

Looks like chapter 6, geeze took me forever to find. My description was a bit skewed sorry, except maybe metaphorically; he doesn't physically "go around" but does overhear her in a family restaurant at a sort-of mixer she gets dragged into. He keeps waiting for her to unleash her venom tongue on the hapless boys but all they is icy indifference. He's left wondering why he is her only victim. :lol:
Ooh that one I remember now. Thanks.... :)

The socks yeah...

Oh and congrats to@Betacygnus for 200 posts :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish