Been a while since I checked up on this...I have questions

Shad0w_Rabbit

Been a while since I checked up on this...I have questions

Post by Shad0w_Rabbit » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:50 am

So yeah, haven't really checked up on this since initially backing it back in 2013. I had received some emails early on about shirt sizes and shipping info but then nothing for years. I even had tried reaching out once or twice to get an update or to give an update on my address (I've moved many times since this first started) but never got a reply. Anyways, this little project popped into my head while walking around at work today and after seeing the flood of people demanding their money back on the Kickstarter comments section I figured I should probably sign up for the forums and find out what the heck is even happening anymore. This used to be one of my favorite webcomics (I don't tend to have time to read webcomics anymore) and jumped at the chance to help fund the Kickstarter but I'm gravely concerned now. Not instantly jumping on the "I want my money back" bandwagon (I don't even have that bank account anymore so no clue how that would work out anyways) but I'm hoping to get an idea of what's going on with the project currently since the last KS update was about 3 years ago.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Been a while since I checked up on this...I have questions

Post by paarfi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:45 am

Progress on the VN had been slow for some years, but basically ground to a halt when the main programmer left a couple of years ago. Fred's plan is still to:
1) Get the comics flowing again as promised to the Patreon supporters
2) Get caught up on the shipping backlog for orders from the megagear store
3) Get back on the visual novel

He's done pretty well over the last few months with the comics, but he's only been able to make minor progress on the shipping backlong so far, and that hasn't left time yet for work on the VN. The medical and other life problems that have plagued Fred and family over the last decade have not really stopped, and that continues to slow progress on nearly everything. I swear the man is cursed.

Fred hasn't given up and still hopes to salvage something from the VN. I don't know what that will look like or when yet. Please keep your address and contact info up-to-date on Kickstarter.

I'm sorry this whole project has gone so poorly, and I know Fred is just in despair over the whole thing. Thank you for still caring enough to ask about it, and thank you for supporting Fred and Megatokyo.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Shad0w_Rabbit

Post by Shad0w_Rabbit » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:45 am

I'll definitely have to update my info on Kickstarter to reflect my current address and whatnot. Seems like Fred just bit off way more than he could chew then life kept taking a crap on him. Hope he's doing alright.

Strela_1

Post by Strela_1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:01 am

Waiting may well be worth it though, taking so much time brings Fred more trouble than he'd have expected, but if he's still going at it, it means that he's brewing up something awesome.