[1576] couldn't help it

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

bdhoff

Re: [1576] couldn't help it

Post by bdhoff » Sat May 09, 2020 9:51 am

I'm going to be the odd one out, but after getting publicly called out like that and assuming the worst about me until I finally convince her otherwise, I would not be going anywhere with her for any reason ever. Correct the record and nope right the hell out of that invite.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat May 09, 2020 10:06 am

bdhoff wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:51 am
I would not be going anywhere with her for any reason ever.
That would be totally understandable, and I could see myself reacting the same way. But this guy appears to be wired differently, which hopefully is a good thing for him and Megumi.

Also, welcome to the forums bdhoff.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sat May 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Ningen 2 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:52 am
Yes. It wasn't a particular concern about this guy, more a general observation. Any character might just fade out. That's up to the storyteller. Nonetheless each minor character will normally have some clear reason for emerging from the crowd, and there will be comic space needed to clarify that.

In particular, Fred does a great job of showing the minor characters have a life and a sense of purpose, so this is more significant here than in would be for someone else. For example James Herbert regularly gives you just enough introduction to a character that you can get upset when they die horribly.

What I was trying to point out as the number of characters increases, the further we are from an overall resolution. Given that we are 15 chapters in, I am worried that the end is receding rather than approaching.
While her finding a SO would be a good thing for her (and unknown guy's dental work) I don't want to see her fade out of the main story. Megumi has the kind of dynamic personality that makes things happen. For example, I think watching her square off against Masamichi over a violation of the 'Monster Self Management Code' would be hilarious.

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:50 pm
I mean, it’s not quite a George R.R. Martin situation, but you have a good point. It’s been a couple of months since there was talk of winding down this chapter and we’re evidently not there yet.
I have no interest in ending the chapter or MT really, so im just rolling along. not like i have to worry about books or anything anymore, its just a comic that has a natural roll to it whatever it is :)

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed May 13, 2020 8:02 am

Roamer wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:21 pm
Ningen 2 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:52 am
Yes. It wasn't a particular concern about this guy, more a general observation. Any character might just fade out. That's up to the storyteller. Nonetheless each minor character will normally have some clear reason for emerging from the crowd, and there will be comic space needed to clarify that.

In particular, Fred does a great job of showing the minor characters have a life and a sense of purpose, so this is more significant here than in would be for someone else. For example James Herbert regularly gives you just enough introduction to a character that you can get upset when they die horribly.

What I was trying to point out as the number of characters increases, the further we are from an overall resolution. Given that we are 15 chapters in, I am worried that the end is receding rather than approaching.
While her finding a SO would be a good thing for her (and unknown guy's dental work) I don't want to see her fade out of the main story. Megumi has the kind of dynamic personality that makes things happen. For example, I think watching her square off against Masamichi over a violation of the 'Monster Self Management Code' would be hilarious.
I have a theory that what many believe to be the main story isn't the main story at all. Layers of the story have been peeled back to reveal a lot more going on that apparently has nothing to do with Piro and Largo.

Looking at the action flow of the various nested worlds we see *Fred's headspace* > unMod > MegaTokyo > Endgame

Piroko and Largo (unMod) are the players in Megatokyo and they aren't writing the game as they go along.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 am

Rapierman wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:41 pm
Save for the fact that Ashe doesn't completely have the necessary clues to figure things out.
I wasn’t talking about Ashe’s interpretation.
I meant the misunderstanding between Megumi and the guy.

=)
piro wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 pm
I have no interest in ending the chapter or MT really, so im just rolling along. not like i have to worry about books or anything anymore, its just a comic that has a natural roll to it whatever it is :)
Fred, I know *exactly* how you feel and I am totally excited to read that from you. You just made my day!!! Thanks!!! =D
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —