MegaTokyo Button Men fan set

TheOrgg

MegaTokyo Button Men fan set

Post by TheOrgg » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 am

Hello!
I'm trying to research all of the Button Men sets out there, and am having trouble digging into the old forum to find the thread where the MegaTokyo buttons were created. Does anyone remember or have an archive of that thread? Is Dreamshade still on the forum? (or can someone get into contact with him for a short interview? There's a couple questions about the set)

I'm especially curious as to the original artwork; I put together these recreations from descriptions, but they're pretty low-resolution.

Here's the Button Men wiki page for it: https://buttonmen.fandom.com/wiki/Megatokyo

Also, does this Fan Art Policy cover the mocked up button men illustrations on the wiki page? Buttonweavers.com would like to use the mockups for Button Men Online.
What’s your policy on fan art and fan fiction?
Fan works are fine, we encourage our readers to be creative when MegaTokyo inspires them, as long as it's respectful toward the characters. We even have a Fan Works forum section just for these sorts of things.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: MegaTokyo Button Men fan set

Post by paarfi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:03 am

The old forum server has died. We have dump of the old forum database and hope to restore all that, probably by merging it into this new forum somehow, but I don't expect that to happen real soon.

The original artwork was done by Fred for a calendar maybe a decade ago. You can find them in the Fine Art Print section of the megagear store: http://www.megagearstore.com/category_s/69.htm

That Fan Art policy is general guidance. If you want to be sure for a particular application (and it sounds like you do) the best thing would be to email Fred and ask. fredrin at gmail
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

TheOrgg

Post by TheOrgg » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:38 am

The art on the page isn't the original art. That's recreations made from the preview pictures of those prints. The original set was posted here around 2004. I'm hoping to find out more about the set's creation by finding the person who originally created it on the forum.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:41 am

Ok. Hopefully somebody who knows him/her stumbles across this thread.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

TheOrgg

Post by TheOrgg » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:06 am

Something did just occur to me. Are there better quality versions of those images available? Those mock-ups are really blurry when it comes to the names of the characters.