[1573] real pain

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1573] real pain

Post by paarfi » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 pm

Fred posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Re: [1573] real pain

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:50 pm

That guy is still checking them out....

Olba

Post by Olba » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:50 pm
Ashe's wagglers bring all the guys to the yard~

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:39 am

Poor megumi. :(

edit to add: I'm enjoying this, but I can't help but feel it's leading up to something. I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Why do I get the feeling that Ashe understands Megumi WWWAAAAYYYY more than it appears.... though that might just be me projecting a little considering the fact that my ex and I were also insanely in love with each other (I was convinced I was going to marry her) and now..... yeah... :/
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:19 pm

So, Megumi's not exactly alone in her misery.

I'm wondering who that guy in the background is, and if he's truly interested in that conversation or thinking "What the hell? Why she making all that racket?"
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Olba wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:29 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
He was in panel 7 last strip, too. I expect him to do something relevant soon.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:24 am

Ningen 2 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:37 pm
Olba wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:
And the strip before that, in the last panel. He's been getting more and more fascinated.

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:26 am

Liminaut wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:24 am
Ningen 2 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:37 pm
Olba wrote:

And the strip before that, in the last panel. He's been getting more and more fascinated.
If it's lap-pour guy, it'll be hilarious.

On a more serious note, loneliness is real pain too.

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:23 am

1) Perhaps our mystery guy reads sign language

2) Maybe he just wants some tail

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:40 pm

That guy in the background........he has some similarity to Dom. I hope I'm wrong and that's not him. It would be very very bad for Tokyo if it's him.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Hey wow, new comic already — again! 8D

Thanks Fred for the flow! =)

Nice. I’ll have to just be patient to see what that guy is going to do.
He reminds me of Kobayashi just before Yuki landed herself on top of him.

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:30 pm

They are in a bar.
Two pretty girls in a bar sitting and talking together.
Megumi is being loud enough to be overheard as talks while signing... unless the music is jacked up way too high like most US bars.
It is not remotely out of the ordinary that two attractive ladies draw the attention and stares of guys in the bar.
He is probably gauging when would be the best time and how to make his approach.
This is what happens in bars and it is natural.
Unlike Miho, who is foul and horrible.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:45 am

/ TWB, you really, really, really hate her do you. She's not even in the picture and you still ...
but hmm wait this means you /have/ feelings for her :) and quite strong, as well.
Real Anti-Fan would not care a bit for what happens with her, you're not a real Anti-Fan ... ? :)

/ now I return from the realm of TWB /

I like the scene, the composition, the wide-angle-lens perspective distortion Fred's catching so very nice in his drawings :) and detailed as always. Thank you, Fred, for the page :) I just don't know what to think of where it's going yet, aside from the slight pulling-a-leg on the known Sawatari-family traits. I look forward to the discussion when this entire bar arch unfolds :) I admit I am not the best in recognizing people's emotions, whether they're real or drawn
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:05 am

I also liked the fact that Ashe could order 2 more beers in sign language without interrupting the flow of the conversation (or of the comic). I'm guessing she is a regular.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:44 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:30 pm
They are in a bar.
Two pretty girls in a bar sitting and talking together.
Megumi is being loud enough to be overheard as talks while signing... unless the music is jacked up way too high like most US bars.
It is not remotely out of the ordinary that two attractive ladies draw the attention and stares of guys in the bar.
He is probably gauging when would be the best time and how to make his approach.
This is what happens in bars and it is natural.
Unlike Miho, who is foul and horrible.
Given the expression and how flushed his face appears to be, he's either drunk and interested, or just really interested. If we're right about our speculation, he's got to be looking at Ashe. If we're wrong...well, that would be interesting.

Or maybe he's scouting for Miho so she can suck out their souls. ;)

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:46 am

cidjen wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:45 am
/ TWB, you really, really, really hate her do you. She's not even in the picture and you still ...
but hmm wait this means you /have/ feelings for her :) and quite strong, as well.
Real Anti-Fan would not care a bit for what happens with her, you're not a real Anti-Fan ... ? :)

/ now I return from the realm of TWB /

I like the scene, the composition, the wide-angle-lens perspective distortion Fred's catching so very nice in his drawings :) and detailed as always. Thank you, Fred, for the page :) I just don't know what to think of where it's going yet, aside from the slight pulling-a-leg on the known Sawatari-family traits. I look forward to the discussion when this entire bar arch unfolds :) I admit I am not the best in recognizing people's emotions, whether they're real or drawn
Annd cue the sound of Teddy's head exploding.

And yes, the composition and detail on this is excellent.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Looking back through the last three comics, 'noticing guy's' expression doesn't appear to be one of seeking opportunity as much as genuine concern. In 1751, he does appear to know sign language, and if so, he read that Ashe just threatened to hit Megumi. Perhaps he may have been concerned about there being an abusive relationship between the two. I'm pretty sure he was watching the whole scene of Ashe grabbing Megumi in 1572, and again assuming he knows sign language, he knows what Megumi's problem is. If he is as perceptive as his expression indicates, he has also realized that the byplay between Ashe and Megumi is something that the two are used to as friends. Like how Kimi and Erika act towards each other when trying to get the other to open up. In the current comic, 'noticing guy's' expression seems to be one of sadness and concern after the two foxgirls discuss Ashe's recent lull in 'activity' and how it made Megumi feel even worse for wallowing in her own misery. IMO, an average barfly guy looking for a hookup would have had a wry grin on his face, thinking "alright, an easy mark from either (or both) of these lonely girls, heh heh" not the expression that 'noticing guy' makes throughout.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 am

maldrul wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:59 pm
watching the whole scene of Ashe grabbing Megumi in 1572,
Umm the grabbing wasn't it sort of like a Heimlich maneuver? At least from the outside. Something you do when the person is choking on something. Of course someone would be concerned. Even if they're drunk...?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:03 am

cidjen wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 am
maldrul wrote:
Umm the grabbing wasn't it sort of like a Heimlich maneuver? At least from the outside. Something you do when the person is choking on something. Of course someone would be concerned. Even if they're drunk...?
I assume that Ashe was trying to pull the same wrestling move she did to Junko and Megumi was protesting loudly the whole time, not acting like she was choking.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:50 am

Ashe was setting up a https://youtu.be/jsbVGUbG6oc

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:55 am

maldrul wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:03 am
cidjen wrote:
maldrul wrote:
I assume that Ashe was trying to pull the same wrestling move she did to Junko and Megumi was protesting loudly the whole time, not acting like she was choking.
Maybe you're right. But consider the scene.

It's evening. You sit in a bar. Drinking with your company maybe even with your boss.
Your face starts feeling detached from your muscles and your glasses steam up for some obscure reason. Even though you splurged on that antifog coating.

Two girls enter. Sit at the bar. The bar is noisy and you can't hear what is being said, you only see that one of them, the one with no cosplay costume, seems to feel down and you can't help but notice she's trying to drown something.

Oh right they aren't talking, it's the sing language. You only saw that on TV before, so you're somewhat intrigued, even though you don't understand a thing. Well you wouldn't hear a thing anyway since it's so noisy in the bar. You turn back to your own company.

Then you hear a scream or shout from their direction, barely louder than the bar noise, you turn and see the cosplay girl hugging the other one from behind, the one screaming or shouting isn't looking as if a Heimlich was necessary, and the hug soon ends. The depressed one returns to her drink and says or voices something up as well as keeps signing.

This exchange continues a few times then the depressed one finishes her glass, hides her head in her arms around on the bar and the cosplay girl pat's her on the head.

Your intake makes you neon blush, You want to avoid this being seen but it's hard.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:07 am

cidjen wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:55 am
maldrul wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:03 am
cidjen wrote:

Maybe you're right. But consider the scene.

It's evening. You sit in a bar. Drinking with your company maybe even with your boss.
Your face starts feeling detached from your muscles and your glasses steam up for some obscure reason. Even though you splurged on that antifog coating.

Two girls enter. Sit at the bar. The bar is noisy and you can't hear what is being said, you only see that one of them, the one with no cosplay costume, seems to feel down and you can't help but notice she's trying to drown something.

Oh right they aren't talking, it's the sing language. You only saw that on TV before, so you're somewhat intrigued, even though you don't understand a thing. Well you wouldn't hear a thing anyway since it's so noisy in the bar. You turn back to your own company.

Then you hear a scream or shout from their direction, barely louder than the bar noise, you turn and see the cosplay girl hugging the other one from behind, the one screaming or shouting isn't looking as if a Heimlich was necessary, and the hug soon ends. The depressed one returns to her drink and says or voices something up as well as keeps signing.

This exchange continues a few times then the depressed one finishes her glass, hides her head in her arms around on the bar and the cosplay girl pat's her on the head.

Your intake makes you neon blush, You want to avoid this being seen but it's hard.
Maybe it's just me, but in the highres version he looks pretty drunk. At least, I hope that dopey look isn't his default expression.

Olba

Post by Olba » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:50 am
Ashe was setting up a https://youtu.be/jsbVGUbG6oc
Not a belly-to-back suplex, but a German suplex. As demonstrated by herself when she did it on Junko not long ago. A belly-to-back suplex is slightly different, as the thrower's head is tucked underneath the throwee's arm and the thrower is off to the side, rather than being directly behind.