[1569] redemption

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

BetaCygnus

Re: [1569] redemption

Post by BetaCygnus » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:28 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:30 am

…but that was when he was a wimp and didn't have a girlfriend :D

Later on he even had an adult level conversation with Erika in negligé, and didn't turn into a puddle of tears.
Also Largo's face tells me Piro ain't a wimp no moe. If not face of Largo, then Largo himself said Piro is a hero.
=)

…but that was when Largo was drugged and Erika didn’t have Moeko’s wand.

And who got tricked into pushing the wheelchair with Largo and Erika?

Right. Piro the hero.

=)

By the way, I may be a bit old-fashioned, but I am under the strong impression that kissing and making out — even having sex — doesn’t immediately imply a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, nowadays. Disclaimer: depending on your cultural background, of course.

I know. Shockingly kinky, isn’t it? But Piro (whatever he and Kimi are doing in the Foxhole, which may still be quite innocent) may not yet be so sure about where to place his loyalty.

Anyway… *does* Piro have a girlfriend now?
I don’t remember him presenting Kimi as such.

=?
Last edited by BetaCygnus on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Pay attention, folks. This is not about Kotone. Erika is going to get the studio that produced 'Girl Phase' to make season three. Obviously when she quit and Miho tried to take over, almost losing Tokyo was about the cancellation of 'Girl Phase' season three. Piro may indeed do artwork for Kotone because Kimiko had presented his drawings to the Lockart team but that is not what Erika is talking about with Miho and Yaku.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm

BetaCygnus wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:28 pm
By the way, I may be a bit old-fashioned, but I am under the strong impression that kissing and making out — even having sex — doesn’t immediately imply a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, nowadays. Disclaimer: depending on your cultural background, of course.

I know. Shockingly kinky, isn’t it? But Piro (whatever he and Kimi are doing in the Foxhole, which may still be quite innocent) may not yet be so sure about where to place his loyalty.

Back in the day, when Kimi and Piro entered the shower at the Fox Hole, someone suggested that one of Kimi's goals might be for Piro to come to terms with his feelings for Miho. Piro may decided he wants Miho.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:05 pm

BetaCygnus wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:28 pm

And who got tricked into pushing the wheelchair with Largo and Erika?

Right. Piro the hero.

=)

=?
Well I agree with you here, sex doesn't imply relationships; but I think Kimi's fans consider them a couple at least since the Animate event, and she's been out to Lockart to get him this job, so at least SHE may be implying that she's his girlfriend now. Elsewhere out of canon, they have been out location hunting (in color :) ). So the sex if it is indeed happening, would be sort of a consequence of that and increased intimacy and not the other way round.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:18 am

jkhartl wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm
Piro may decided he wants Miho.
My point exactly. =)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:49 am

BetaCygnus wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:18 am
jkhartl wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm
Piro may decided he wants Miho.
My point exactly. =)
Aah, i see, after all Piro kinda made the noises like he wanted to still go back to the 'states... he needed the money for that, and Kimi knows it... and she maybe thinks, Miho could go along with him, which leaves her all alone, again. This would be exactly the kind of feelings she may have and not believe they are actually true, as she hides them. Kinda hard to decide what would be a good ending here for all 3 of them...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:56 am

cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:05 pm
Well I agree with you here, sex doesn't imply relationships; but I think Kimi's fans consider them a couple at least since the Animate event, and she's been out to Lockart to get him this job, so at least SHE may be implying that she's his girlfriend now. Elsewhere out of canon, they have been out location hunting (in color :) ). So the sex if it is indeed happening, would be sort of a consequence of that and increased intimacy and not the other way round.
I agree with you about the sex and increased intimacy. But I don’t think Kimiko’s fans get to decide whether the relationship between Kimi and Piro actually is or isn’t what they imagine it to be. Imagine the horror…

On another note, bringing a talented friend to the studio in order to showcase his art does not seem to imply anything more than a friendly act — from my perspective, that is.

Elsewhere out of canon, Miho has been seen playing ‘Ready? …set… GO!!!’ with a plasma explosion that made a viciously false start.
And when did the inline characters ‘actually’ make contact with Yuki’s mermaid look-alike?

Out of canon does not prove canonical fact — to my very limited understanding of MT. It °may° imply it, but… well…

Let’s just be careful there.
This is Fred Gallagher’s universe. Anything might happen.

=)

P.S. — I posted the above, and then I saw your response to my former post. Yeah, that’s another possibility. We don’t know what Kimi is actually thinking and all three of them are rather complex characters.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 am

BetaCygnus wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:56 am
This is Fred Gallagher’s universe. Anything might happen.
True that.
BetaCygnus wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:56 am
I agree with you about the sex and increased intimacy. But I don’t think Kimiko’s fans get to decide whether the relationship between Kimi and Piro actually is or isn’t what they imagine it to be. Imagine the horror…
Heh they done it before with Miho's death (WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHES NOT DEAD! She MUST BE dead! We'll make her so if she really isn't! There is no escape! Otaku Power!) and let's not forget in this universe it's the fan-horde that makes THINGS happen :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Otaku Power may be a lethal force. But can you really see it causing love to happen between two people?
To me, the power of the otaku seems to be too destructive, and they too self centered.
The comparison to a boa constrictor comes to mind…

=/

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:15 pm

BetaCygnus wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Otaku Power may be a lethal force. But can you really see it causing love to happen between two people?
To me, the power of the otaku seems to be too destructive, and they too self centered.
The comparison to a boa constrictor comes to mind…

=/
Yeah just look at last panel of 1098/first panel of 1099. They almost are forcing Piro to do something that _looks_ to them like love _is_ happening. They have done this before and saw the outcome happened to their satisfaction (because they don't distinguish reality and acting ? Or maybe the weaker targets are easier bullied into showing something compliant, facing certain death otherwise...) So they must think they can make it happen, and will get angry if it doesn't go the way they imagine (same as they do to Miho too). It totally makes sense (to them).
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:22 pm

cidjen wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 am
Heh they done it before with Miho's death (WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHES NOT DEAD! She MUST BE dead! We'll make her so if she really isn't! There is no escape! Otaku Power!) and let's not forget in this universe it's the fan-horde that makes THINGS happen :)
OH, SHE WAS DEAD! AND SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD. It was such a wonderful time in Megatokyo and the SD forum. Then it ended, and this bear suffered a long dark month of great despair.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:22 pm
cidjen wrote:
OH, SHE WAS DEAD! AND SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD. It was such a wonderful time in Megatokyo and the SD forum. Then it ended, and this bear suffered a long dark month of great despair.
“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”
― H.P Lovecraft

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:39 pm
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
cidjen wrote:
― H.P Lovecraft
"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

"I'm not dead yet" - Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:19 pm

@maldrul 8-)

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:07 pm

maldrul wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:48 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Teddy-Werebear wrote:

― H.P Lovecraft

"Death is an illusion." -- Symmetra, Overwatch
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:45 am

Rapierman wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:07 pm
maldrul wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:48 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

"Death is an illusion." -- Symmetra, Overwatch
"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away..."- Reaperman, Terry Pratchett's Discworld books
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:08 am

I aten't ded ~ Granny Weatherwax.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Schrödinger's Miho?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:57 pm
Schrödinger's Miho?
Looping back to my Chtulhu reference the inspiration for Lovecraft's mythos was the vast, uncaring nature of the universe as presented in quantum theory and both the general and special theories of relativity.

Also, is Miho darkly cute or does she have red hair with a sprinkling of freckles?

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:09 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:22 pm
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:57 pm
Schrödinger's Miho?
Looping back to my Chtulhu reference the inspiration for Lovecraft's mythos was the vast, uncaring nature of the universe as presented in quantum theory and both the general and special theories of relativity.

Also, is Miho darkly cute or does she have red hair with a sprinkling of freckles?
Only her mystic hairdresser knows for sure.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:34 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:22 pm
Darkly cute goth magical girl Tohya Miho was brought back from the 'game' Piro tried to play with her while she was recuperating in the ASF after trying to take over 'Girl Phase' in season 3. That was also when Miho was attempting to take over 'End Games' and was stopped by Piro. Largo relaunched that game when he accessed the necrowombiecon.

Ginger-haired bad magical girl Miho O'Learhy was Miho's attempt to make her story different which caused the revolt by Miho's 'Horde' that almost lost MegaTokyo for Masamichi.