[1565] I know this character

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1565] I know this character

Post by paarfi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:44 pm

Fred has posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere soon.

Fred also included this message with the post:
Hey folks - last comic of 2019, which is not been the best year for posting comics, but I've been working to gear things up to do better next year because, well, I'm tired of where i was this year and want to roll and scrap better this year. That said, the wrapup here this chapter as it continues is putting me in really interesting places for the next chapter, so here's to a good wrap up for the year and for the chapter (got a few more comics to go first, so hang tight)

Thank you again for all your support this year. Since it's the 31st, im gonna post this comic for everyone else to see a bit later today, but I am going to try posting some extra stuff just for all you Patreon folk through the rest of the day. Thank you so much.

Fredrin
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Lingman

Re: [1565] I know this character

Post by Lingman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Thank you for this comic Fred - Hopefully the new year will be a somewhat better one for you.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Why can't we see Yaku's face?
Why isn't Yaku talking in a way that we can hear?

It seems like Miho can hear Yaku just fine; it's just that we can't.

Speculation: We are still in Moe-space. Largo, Erica, and Miho have identities in Moe-space; Yaku doesn't.

Or perhaps in the new story line of 'Erica completes the Girl Phase story', Erica (protagonist), Largo (supportive boytoy) and Miho (the one that needs saving) all have roles in that story; Yaku is an NPC in that story.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Liminaut wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:40 pm
Yaku isn't talking. She's just grabbing Miho's arm and pulling.

Dragonix

Post by Dragonix » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:44 pm

Wait, so is this the last page of this chapter, or is Fred just saying the chapter is coming to a close soon?

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Dragonix wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:44 pm
Wait, so is this the last page of this chapter, or is Fred just saying the chapter is coming to a close soon?
Closing in on the end of the chapter. :) Not quite there yet. Longest chapter yet.

Fredrin

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:12 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Liminaut wrote:
But my beautiful theories depend on us not hearing Yaku!

You are destroying my beautiful theories with your ugly, ugly facts.

Still, it's a little weird that we can't see Yaku's face. Also a little weird that someone would pull on another's arm without saying anything. Especially given how much Yaku talks.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:29 pm

Liminaut wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:12 pm
paarfi wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Liminaut wrote:
But my beautiful theories depend on us not hearing Yaku!

You are destroying my beautiful theories with your ugly, ugly facts.

Still, it's a little weird that we can't see Yaku's face. Also a little weird that someone would pull on another's arm without saying anything. Especially given how much Yaku talks.
The Writer of The Story doesn't "talk" to the character they are writing, they just lead them where they need to go.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:52 pm

maldrul wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:29 pm
The Writer of The Story doesn't "talk" to the character they are writing, they just lead them where they need to go.
Show, don't Tell. :D

edit to add:
It is going to be interesting to see where this goes, though. Erika says here that she doesn't really know the plan for Moeko's character. Yaku had offered to write a new story for Miho, but that's a lot to ask out of a relative newbie like Yaku. Maybe once Erika talks to Dom, he'll get Sayuri and the rest of Lockhart involved. On the other hand, I think what's really needed is Miho's own story, like Piro pointed out. Maybe she doesn't need someone else to write it.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:55 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:52 pm
On the other hand, I think what's really needed is Miho's own story, like Piro pointed out. Maybe she doesn't need someone else to write it.
Not to write it, no. But it will need some rewriting to make it understandable to a new audience. Possibly with the assistance of an industry expert at character design. I think Yuki and Sayuri would make for an interesting pair professionally, in that whole "Oh god, they came up with another amazing idea" sense.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:28 pm

From this side of the date line, in 2020, I greet Fredrin and wish you good health and fulfillment of your wishes and achieving of what you are planning, for you and your family... I suppose it's too early to wish you joy and happiness, but if I could, I would do that too.

Thank you for the page,

I wonder if Erika actually, or maybe rather, / when / will Erika actually get the idea that the Irish exchange student is Miho. Some Piro and Largo filling in the Endgames story gaps might be required, I suspect.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:10 am

Oooh! That was very quick! Largo will be thankful. =)

Anyway. That first panel… I think that is the most realistic 3D profile of a face we have seen in MegaTokyo so far.
Looks nice, Fred!

And I love this very quick move into their running into each other. Very much looking forward to how this is going to develop further!

Oh and… Happy 2020 everybody!!!

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:44 pm

Yes we do... Largo and I.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Largo needs a haircut....... :roll:

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Next day thoughts...

That digger spoon over wiring, that's, like, soop3r d4ngerou5. H&S would be all over that site in a star landing formation...
The site itself, is The Cave of Evil, right?
Also it's actually first time Miho saw what's left of the Cave, innit? no wonder she's got that look on her face.

I fantasize about Yaku drawing Miho to Mugi's room and asking her to fix her Mum's leg by magic, in no uncertain terms, with Erika and Largo watching from the sides....
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:40 am

Didn't Miho just spend a chapter escaping from the hospital? If she's going back there that seems like a super stupid move. Maybe the old lady is getting senile ;)
Just call me prissywings

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:49 am

Yeah but that's what (at least the Horde) don't expect her to do; She may get into trouble with the Stability guys, Masamichi 'My Budget' Sonoda, but I don't think they'd try to actually kill her, like the Horde want(ed) to. On the other hand, Stability may have their hands full with Moeko's wand leaving the room, so they may not notice. So back to hospital is relatively safe - safer than the Ninja compound anyway. Just make sure Mugi doesn't get into her head to call for him... OMG :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:51 am

maldrul wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:29 pm
HA HA! I'm a writer, and I think my characters missed a memo. :lol: They often lead me, and get crabby when I don't listen to them. Had one, a military officer, who damn near ordered me to do pushups if I wasn't going to write a scene the way he swore it happened. I suck at pushups so he got his way, and as it turned out the chapter was much the better for it. :D
I mostly lurk and read, but I may squeak occasionally.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:02 am

I'm pretty sure from the conversation that Miho is reluctant to go back to the hospital but she can't think of anywhere better at the moment and she's not going to be able to detach Yaku until she can get her to Mugi anyway.

So I suspect that Erika hasn't even been able to make her first phone call before Largo rallied to make his objections known and danged if they don't have a meeting engagement with the very subject of the story and a very cute young twin tail kitsune

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:37 am

Wow, this thing has all the earmarks of an awkward moment. :o
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 am

Looking at this again, I think Yaku might be in shock over what she's been through during the last day. She'll rebound - foxgirls pretty much have to be resilient given what the legends say about them - but it might be a rough few days all around. Also, now that she's said it out loud, I can't wait until Yaku calls Miho an old lady. Even Teddy might be amused.

Olba

Post by Olba » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:44 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:02 am
So I suspect that Erika hasn't even been able to make her first phone call before Largo rallied to make his objections known and danged if they don't have a meeting engagement with the very subject of the story and a very cute young twin tail kitsune
I can't imagine Largo would ever use such verbiage. If anything, I see him trying to say something about catgurls, only for Miho to stop him and say she's Komugiko's daughter and she's worried about her mom. If Largo has grown up, this is where he would say something about how Mugi's gonna be fine because she's a fighter, and he's got scars to prove that.

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:21 am

I didn’t realize Miho’s arm could bend like that; Yaku must be yanking on her pretty hard.