and nooo, it's not what you think

but as far, as short-chapter stories go

this is up there.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Re: What Are You Watching!/Reading! Q4 '19

Post by cidjen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am

...and then, at first I thought that I'm Standing on A Million Lives would be just a gory slasher (which it is by the way) but it turned out to be also quite interesting, and kinda deep, coming of age story. A lot of Japanese perspective there, but also quite universal. Got hook'd. See you on the other side.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

CipherF15

Post by CipherF15 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:30 am

I finally gave in and started watching Gate. I was reluctant at first because the topic sounded weird, but man, how awesome is that? You're constantly filled with the sadistic sense of fun you get when you're ahead of the others in Civilizations and invade a medieval country with your modern forces :lol: but late in the night, when I've been translating a long document about ordering a new model of electrical cables or creating an investment project for this commercial real estate in Pattaya or another fun thing to do for my job, then I'm glad to read a chapter or two of Jahy-Sama wa Kujikenai, it's the perfect light fun thing to read to finish a hard day!
Last edited by paarfi on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit of possible spam link

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:54 pm

As someone who wears (not very strong but still) glasses and SO to someone whose glasses strength are 5x of mine, I find The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses pretty amusing :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Demi-chan wa Kataritai (Interviews With Monster Girls) -- this show sounded cute, but it was even cuter than I thought it would be... it was adorable. And at times it was sweet and heartwarming. It was such a cute and sweet show. I loved it.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster) --- it wasn't quite as good as Lovely Complex and Kimi Ni Todoke, but it still had so much adorable and cute and sweet stuff. (Romantic comedy anime). It was really cute.

Chance Triangle Session (Chance Pop Session) --- music show from 2002. I admit, I was drawn by the beautiful characters so I checked it out. As a major fan of music animes, I enjoy it. Outside of music-anime-fans, it's probably nothing special. But I'm really enjoying it.

Started watching Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai (If it's for my daughter, I'd even defeat a demon lord) -- just started, looks really cute.

continuing other shows, same
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:55 pm

In today's episode of Rediscover the Classics with Cidjen: A silent Voice should seriously be a compulsory education book or movie in schools. iMO.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:46 am

Hikari from Demi-chan is one of the best characters ever, IMO. The manga and the movie of A Silent Voice are a bit different from each other, but both are excellent.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 am

Except for the most excellent Vinland Saga, the shows that I've watched this season has been inconsistent.

Bookworm has been a slow burn, at best. It looks good, but I can't help thinking this show was created primarily to sell the light novel. It really hasn't made as much progression as I expected, being just a one cour show.

Oresuki is beginning to lose me as more and more girls are added to Joro's "circle". It would've been better if it concentrated on his relationship with Pansy.

Dr. Stone and Fire Force continue on their merry Shonen ways. Nothing exceptional of offensive.

BHA has been mostly low key so far, but it's going to get really good soon. I hope.

Blade of the Immortal has been a bit of disappointment to me. It's sacrificed storytelling for gratuitous violence.

Bokuben skipped a lot of fun chapters in order to get into the "drama" arcs with the girls, which bums me. I really like the current Fumi arc, but I think they jumped into it too soon.

SnS S4 Meh. I like the Foodgasms, for the most part. And Megumi.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Just came across a new manga called JK & the Foundling(JK to Sutego no Akachan). Only one volume so far, but it shows a lot of promise.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:13 pm

They finally posted the last scanlated chapter to Hi Score Girl. The term awesome doesn't do it justice. I've seen the raws some time ago; my current avatar was snagged from the chapter. I probably could've reworded the text a bit better in places, but that's a tiny quibble. When I see ep.9 of Season 2, I know I'm going to bawl like a baby(I hope!)..... ;)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:16 am

I second the sentiment on Interviews with Monster Girls and JK & The Foundling.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Just started Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (It's Hard To Love An Otaku) - looks like another fun romantic comedy show for me to gush about how absolutely cute and adorable it is!
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Murren

Post by Murren » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:17 am

Love is Like a Cocktail (Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara) - it's adorable, I wish the episodes were more than 3 minutes long! It is so cute.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 pm

Gotobun spoiler alert
SpoilerShow
Yotsuba wins!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 pm
Gotobun spoiler alert
SpoilerShow
Yotsuba wins!
SpoilerShow
So first-girl-wins-again... huh? :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:26 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 pm
Gotobun spoiler alert
SpoilerShow
Yotsuba wins!
SpoilerShow
So first-girl-wins-again... huh? :)
So much salt has been spread over this the roads will be ice free this winter..... :lol:

Murren

Post by Murren » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:19 am

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san (Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen) - I love ramen and I love cute girls, so I love this show. Omg, they make the ramen look (and sound) so good... it looks so delicious, and they describe all the flavors, and the sounds they make with the ramen make it sound so delicious... lmao. I actually went to a ramen place for the first time in years because of this show. And it was amazing. When I drank the broth, it was almost like Food Wars, lmao. (I've only watched like 5 minutes of Food Wars). Anyway, I really enjoy this show (the ramen show), because I love ramen and the characters are fun and cute.

Finished:

Yagate Kimi Ni Naru - I had a minor problem with one thing, but other than that it was a really good yuri show. Nice characters and relationships. (And as an additional bonus, there were a few scenes (that almost came as a surprise) where it was like "wow. that was really hot.") But it really was a nice show in terms of the relationships and characters.

Warning: spoiler for Yagate Kimi Ni Naru
Yagate Kimi Ni Naru spoilerShow
I had a problem with how it ended. It seemed like it was totally building up to the point where we would actually see the stage show, and to where we would see Touko make her decision on who she would be. Instead, in the last episode, she was just beginning to accept it, so in a way, the writing was on the wall, but it seemed like they built up this expectation like we would see the stage show and get to a more direct resolution with the character. I know sometimes in art (like music, writing) it can be unnecessary to give a clear resolution, and very effective not to, but I ended this show feeling very unsatisfied, like there was something left hanging. It just didn't seem like the appropriate time to do something like that. I felt it was leading up to a more clear resolution with Touko's character, and also to the point where we would see the actual stage show that would help Touko in her decision to do that. But we only saw a few improvised lines (which Yuu improvised while practicing the show with Touko) which began to open the door to that path for Touko.

Finished Wotaku Ni Koi Wa Muzukashii - I was expecting it to be more of a cutesy adorable romance show (it did have a little bit of that stuff), but for the most part it was more of a silly funny romance show. It was a fun show and I'd enjoy a second season.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Fleurrose wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:33 pm
cidjen wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:54 pm
As someone who wears (not very strong but still) glasses and SO to someone whose glasses strength are 5x of mine, I find The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses pretty amusing :)
Which manga is it please ?
Sukinako ga Megane wo Wasureta
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:56 am

I went and started reading Noragami - Stray God...Hook line and sinker.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:57 am

By the way, is the Kannazuki / Kanazuki name in wider use in the manga (I found it in Noragami recently, says there it means a time of no gods) that Fred might have been reading ? :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 am

At first I did not think much of It’s Too Sick To Call It Love...

But then I saw its japanese title
SpoilerShow
Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui
Now I have to read whatever it is.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Finishing up this season; first of all, I have to say how completely and totally PISSED I am with the way they finished We Never Learn. The manga may end the same way, but cutting the ending short with at least another cour of material is shit. :evil:

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Fire Force and Dr. Stone are almost interchangable to me. Both shows are just OK, with promises of new seasons upcoming. I'll probably watch both when they begin again, but there's no hype.

BNHA has been very good, with perhaps their strongest arc yet.

Blade of the Immortal has been mostly a mess. Unless you are a fan of meaningless violence, I'd skip it.

Bookworm was a good show, and I am looking forward to the next season.

Oresuki spent too much time away from the main three or four girls, and watered down the show with the new ones.

Shokugeki finished passably, but I can't believe they are going to animate the Noir arc. :shock: Hopefully, the animation team will rewrite it.