What Are You Watching!/Reading! Q4 '19

cidjen

What Are You Watching!/Reading! Q4 '19

Post by cidjen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:30 am

Heheh,
after reading through Bakuman. i briefly touched Death Note but did not progress past chapter 10 or so, went and caught up to Platinum End instead. The Ohba&Obata duo really is like Muto Ashirogi ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: What Are You Watching!/Reading! Q4 '19

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Continuing Fire Force(maybe), Dr. Stone, and Vinland Saga. Not watching anything new yet.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:51 pm

Bokuben S2 is off to a slow start, quality has taken a hit. OP and ED isn't as good, either.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Kemono Michi: Rise Up: This show is sooooo wrong....... :shock: Giving it 2.......

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:01 pm

CHOYOYU! looks to be another "OP character(s) in a generic Isekai" show. Kinda bland. Short leash.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:32 pm

ORESUKI has potential........

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:06 am

this had its episodes posted since 2016, but if you're up to something more adult, Shima Shima is interesting - there is some fanservice (the MC is a girl and there is a parade of women characters after all) but it isn't' overly ecchi either (topic is more adult so I would not recommend <18)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Bookworm is another so-so show, nothing special.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm

I looked in, read a few pages and I got hooked into Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 am

Gave Babylon a shot. I thought it was pretty interesting. Though being the mystery/thriller type of show, how I feel about the whole thing is really going to hinge on how it all concludes.

I'm not too sure what to think of Houkago Saikoro Club. Might be a fun way to find out about obscure board games. I'm overall not really sold on it whereas with something like Yuru Camp, I knew it had me. Might keep going with it, might drop it on a whim.

I think I might check the new PSO2 anime out. I hear it's going to properly adapt the main story from the game. The anime before this was covered some sidestory or some dong.

I might give Africa no Salaryman a go. It looks like it might be a weird surreal cross between Polar Bear Cafe and Aggretsuko.

Still waiting on Chihayafuru 3.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:18 am

For Amazon Prime people, Blade of the Immortal is pretty awesome.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:19 am

Food Wars S4 is basically crap, an overdone panning caricature of the 1st season....

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:39 am

I never delved too deeply into the Food Wars anime, but the manga was more or less downhill after a while. And it didn't even bother to completely shit the bed like Yakitate Japan did, which would've at least been entertaining. Kinda just went out with a half arsed whimper.

Kabukicho Sherlock is pretty whack. I am okay with this.

Shin Chuuka Ichiban is nostalgic. I quite enjoyed the older anime back in the day when I pretty much watched most of my anime on AXN. I hope it goes beyond the older anime and covers more ground rather than just redoing the same stuff.

Fire Force and Hero Academia are back for my weekly dose of shonen.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 am

I tried reading Fire Force some time ago, ditched after a few chapters. Maybe 20. Not missing.
Dr Stone i also started and now I'm not reading it, because I'm not missing it ;)
I liked the Shokugeki right until it ended (and no, not bc of fanservice) though it was a bit flashy.
Recently discovered: Asper Girl (or Days with a girl) - the beginning were a bit in grimy area, now it seems the author got a bit off their chest so the art improved - fair warning, not for the faint of heart.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am

Aww heck
I peeped down the Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen hole and... before I knew it, I'm finished reading it... srsly wtf.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:52 pm

I finished Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san (Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood). Possibly the most purely adorable show I've ever seen. I loved it.

Started watching Noir. Cute girls with guns - naturally I like it.

I kinda started reading the Galaxy Angel manga. (I've never read manga before). I'm not sure if I'll actually get into manga or not. I'm kind of hoping I do, but I feel like the reading experience just isn't as enticing for me as the watching-a-show experience.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:43 am

Chihayafuru is finally back!

That first episode pacing was absolutely bork though.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Time leap genre just got something interesting...

remember Mata, Kataomou?

...liked it?

well have at Second Summer, Never See You Again, right where it hurts!
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Reverse isekai anyone?
Bokura no Kiseki looks cool, am hook'd.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:55 am

Watched Dumbbells jghfdjfhdsjk. While the style of humor, fanservice, and general vibe caused me to feel it was a bit... "weird"... the characters were so cute..... and it was a nice show to watch to chill and wind down. Oh, and I was really happy when I realized it had the same narrator as Sabage-bu. I love that guy, he is so funny. (The Sabage-bu OVA's are what really revealed to me how funny he can be). And the boxing chick is amazing... all-time best girls for me.

Started watching Stars Align but I don't think I'm going to keep watching it. I loved most of what I saw, but unfortunately, a small fraction of the show is extremely heavy. I really don't like watching that stuff. Which is too bad because I love the characters, the tennis, the vibe, the inspiration, etc. (I watched 2 episodes)

Oh, finished Strawberry Panic. I understand why this is considered a classic in the yuri anime world. It was very enjoyable and nice.

Continuing Dagashi Kashi. Maybe the most pointless show I've ever watched, but it's fun enough, and that one girl, Hotaru, is amazingly beautiful and nice to watch.

Continuing a bunch of other shows and feel the same way about them as my previous posts.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:42 am

Tried and dropped Chihiyafaru, CHOYOYU!, and Kemono Michi. I know a lot of people of the three Karuta players, but I just couldn't get into the characters.

Murren

Post by Murren » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:36 pm

I've started watching Just Because. I really like this show. For some reason I have this strong emotional admiration for a lot of the characters. I really like the melancholy feel of the show. It's an interesting emotional dynamic. I like their relationships. I think this show is nice.

I also tried Chihayafuru and tentatively dropped it, mostly because I was annoyed at how mean and irrational those kids are in the beginning episodes. I haven't watched long enough to see how long that continues, but if that stuff doesn't continue on for long then I might try it out further. Oh and I do really love the main character Chihaya so far.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Murren

Post by Murren » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:47 pm

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. This show makes my heart so happy. It is unbelievably adorable as a romance shoujo anime. I don't really pay attention to genres, so I don't know if I've watched any other shoujo animes (because I don't know what exactly constitutes the genre), but this show is making a great case for me loving the genre. Right now, for me, this show is tied in 1st place for "most adorable romance show I've ever seen", tied with Lovely Complex and Kimi Ni Todoke. It is soo adorable, from everything from the character relationships to the music.

Yagate Kimi Ni Naru. A wonderful addition to the yuri anime library. Currently a few episodes in. A nice show, beautiful visually and musically, has that wonderful relaxed emotional feel, and, of course, beautiful characters, and relationship that is nice and kind of hot.

Decided to continue with Chihayafuru to see if the thing that was annoying me would stop. It did, and now I like the show and think it is cute and nice.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:47 am

Just noticed the 1st 2 eps of "Six Hearts Princess", which looks like a worthy addition to the magic girl genre.
Confusing info about it on the 'net, tho.

Murren

Post by Murren » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:18 pm

I finished Just Because. I thought it was really beautiful. For some reason I felt like it didn't have quite the same depth or impact of some of the great slice-of-life shows I've watched (like Nana or Nagi No Asukara). And I can't figure out why. So it doesn't really go on my "all-time" list but I really liked it and thought it was beautiful. Also, I don't think I've seen a show where I have had quite the same feeling for the female main characters in this show. For some reason, I felt a really strong emotional admiration and care for these characters -- but at the same time, the feeling felt kind of superficial as well. Well, also they're really beautiful characters. idk, this show had a unique emotional mood/vibe, and while it did feel a little superficial, it also felt deep and satisfying. It was interesting.

Also, I think it's become clear that I can't look up anything for a show - not music videos, not voice actors, not even pictures of characters - until I've completely finished the show. This is the 4th show where I've had something spoiled to one degree or another (because of my own searches). I'm really sensitive to anything that could even be considered the slightest spoiler. I get really immersed in a show and I want to experience it from the perspective of within the show and the characters' eyes. (Other than occasionally predicting the future from the writer's perspective). This one really hurt me, because I was really invested in this show and it made me feel some serious emotions that I really liked.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list