[1560] A story that needs to be put away

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

Re: [1560] A story that needs to be put away

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Well Eraden, you've hit the nail on the head. Moeko has very serious issues and her nudity is a symptom.

BakaJedi
Location: Puget Sound (state of WA, USA [my birth•place - but I grew up as a "Navy Brat" since Oct↔️Dec 1975])

Post by BakaJedi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Eraden wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:20 am
Sigh, maybe I'm just too old to be as flustered and preoccupied by things such as casual nudity in a comic strip as some of you youngsters seem to be. I just can't figure out why there is so much focus on what I consider to be such a minor part of this particular strip. The nudity to me, is of little importance. What is important to me is the dialogue which is rather stark in painting a picture of a person who is losing touch with reality, if even she had a grasp on it to begin with. Moeko's nudity to me is like a tree in a painting of natural scenery. Perhaps necessary for composition but hardly the sole focus of the work.
🤨 The degree of visibility of women's/teenage-girls' breasts has never really been much of an issue for me (except of course, for those years of involentary reaction to visual stimuli, when puberty decided to effectively hijack my genetalia :roll: ).

In other words; in a different context I wouldn't have given it much, if any, thought at all ~ much less commented on it!!

BakaJedi
Location: Puget Sound (state of WA, USA [my birth•place - but I grew up as a "Navy Brat" since Oct↔️Dec 1975])

Post by BakaJedi » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 am

darrin wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:02 am

[✂️snip]
🤨Kindergarten age children do know that they have "areola" (even if the ^word^ for them is not actually part of their vocabulary)
[✂️snip]
Would you remember, and decide to include, which asymmetries were present in which knee? Each and every scar and tiny defect accumulated on your hands over the past n years? [✂️snip]
She wouldn't really ^have^ to have a very detailed visual image of what she looks like in her mind ~ nor would it be neccessary for her "see", in her mind, what the people (")conversing(") with her see her body looking like. All that would be neccessary is for the imagery to be ^blended^, so to speek, in the minds of the people she's (")interacting(") with.
darrin wrote: As for Erika, my guess would be she's still in the early stages of "what the heck is even going on", and there are no doubt lots of details obvious to us that are still skimming under her radar. Alternatively she has noticed, but has decided there's not much currently to be gained constructively by telling Largo about this. (Can you see her turning to him and saying "Hey check it out, she's got really big boobs but no nipples at all! Ain't that a hoot?" Funny perhaps but not really Erika's style; more of an Asako thing maybe?
Asako? Are you ^sure^ you don't mean Ririka!?🤨
Judging from the way she was so insistant about Erika meeting Moeko, I suspect that Ririka's interactions with Moeko (^especially^ as a Nurse) were more… intimate than what we've been seeing with Erika (altho if not a member of the care-team for Moeko, said intimacy may likely not involve much ["real-life"] ^physical^ interaction).

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:17 am

BakaJedi wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 am
darrin wrote:
Funny perhaps but not really Erika's style; more of an Asako thing maybe?
I'm sure that I meant Asako. Ririka would fit the bill as well of course, or anyone else who wouldn't mind a mildly naughty joke just to see what kind of a reaction they could get from Largo. I'm quite sure about my statement that that's not something Erika would be doing right now; whatever is going on with Moeko is clearly no joking matter to her.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

BakaJedi

Post by BakaJedi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 pm

darrin wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:17 am
BakaJedi wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:00 am
darrin wrote:
Funny perhaps but not really Erika's style; more of an Asako thing maybe?
{✂️snip} not something Erika would be doing right now; whatever is going on with Moeko is clearly no joking matter to her.
Wholehearted agreement from me about Erika not treating this in a joking manner (at least under these circumstances anyway :roll: ).