[1555] Go see her

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

Re: [1555] Go see her

Post by Invisigoth » Wed May 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Well darrin I've always held the opinion that Miho isn't manipulative or any of those other unpleasant character traits that are attributed to her by people who never provide any proof for their claims.

Some of the people who rip on her are outright misogynist when you query their opinion and some are just repeating a basic throwaway line while others against all logic appear to take an anti-Miho position just because Largo doesn't like her and we all know that Largo is always right :D

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed May 15, 2019 12:21 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 am
So, do we know what Mr. Kobayashi's name actually is or not?
It's Kyouske/Kyosuke [1297]. Fred spelled it wrong on the comic, but we fixed in the transcript. Something to fix for book 7, assuming someone wants to publish it.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:13 am
If you hate Miho for allegedly being manipulative then what about Yaku who got herself into a great deal of trouble manipulation Junpei’s feelings for her mother or Yuki and what she did to Yutaka
The word "brat" came to mind there.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu May 16, 2019 1:35 am

So I think with this Moeko scene, there won't be any conflict, as this Creator/Ping/Junko scene was the last real conflict for the chapter. I predict Erika says a few things, and then after she walks out, we get like a small finger twitch from Moeko or something to indicate that she's coming out of her coma due to her words and presence. It's far too soon for Erika to just declare her becoming a idol/VA again, and its too soon for Moeko to awaken now and start causing problems at the start of next chapter. Maybe just a subtle warning sign.

When I posted before, I said Moeko is set up to be like a "final boss" for MT, and she's one of the three candidates who could awaken as a catastrophic-grade MG or something like that. If this was a lighter series, then maybe you have Erika just going back to her career, and Moeko awakens and everything is fine and dandy, but nah, I see this going like a dark MG route where she's going to wreak a lot of havoc and it'll tie in like nearly all the forces in MT. (Junko is still removed from most of the crazy stuff so far). When I say "final boss", I don't mean to say Moeko is like where MT would end, as there's still new plot threads and stories being written, but it would be a landmark cumulative event. Moeko's problem cannot be simply solved by Erika. Miho will have to play heavily into this too, and potentially others.

I'm one of those people who likes to try to predict what'll happen next in MT, though I rarely post about it. I think I have a bit of an over-fascination with looking at the meta side of things, like just predicting things based on how much buildup there's been, how the character could fit into the story etc from the authors perspective. I remember with the old forums years ago, people were like next level with creating posts with exact paths listed from like 1 to 10 or 12 of where the next comic could go, like some kind of 'choose your own adventure' thing. I never went that deep into it though, and predicting the far future and overall story structure of things is more interesting than just what will happen the very next comic. Overall, I really like all the threads introduced in this chapter. I hate ranking things, but I just wanted to say this chapter has probably been the best in terms of managing and making a bunch of new threads. In earlier chapters we were focusing on a couple of things at once, but this chapter handled everything so well. So I guess you could say the storytelling is really strong right now, stronger than maybe it's ever been. But I liked old MT too. The charm has always appealed to me. Been reading since around chapter 50

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu May 16, 2019 8:20 am

Moeka is interesting because she hasn't actually had a story at all save for the one created for her through Erika, she's been in a coma all this time. Her connection to Miho seems to be that Miho's story was so powerful that overflow from it created Moeka even though she's been in a coma all this time.

Now back when Erika walked away and abandoned the story it seems that Miho attempted a story switch which led to the incident where Matsumishi nearly lost Tokyo.

I think whatever happens that this is a very serious point in the overall MT story.

BTW thinking on it. Since MegaTokyo is a simulation/game running within the unMod universe it occurs to me that unMod Largo min/maxed MT Largo by placing all his build points into his LUCK attribute while seriously gimping a lot of other things. Now as for Piro, I have no idea what Piroko did but she did build Piro so that he was able to one shot a character with max LUCK.....

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am

I was certainly horrible at making any kinds of predictions on the old forms, so I have tried to steer clear of that myself (I have maybe gotten slightly better at making small-scale predictions :lol: but that's maybe just because of trying to make a lot fewer).

I did however a few months back in a thread note that it had just occurred to me to wonder if Moeko was naturally in a coma for medical reasons... or had been put in an induced one by Stability. The former is probably the more likely one... but on the other hand, if she had fallen in a coma herself before "doing" anything, how would they know to list her as a catastrophic grade MG in the first place? Stability doing routine sweeps of the area with their MG Flukes and "providing necessary assistance" n the extreme cases seems like something they might do, if this all does end up going darker as a lot of folks are implying (e.g. previous few posts).
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 am

paarfi wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:21 pm
Mamma Peach wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:31 am
So, do we know what Mr. Kobayashi's name actually is or not?
It's Kyouske/Kyosuke [1297]. Fred spelled it wrong on the comic, but we fixed in the transcript. Something to fix for book 7, assuming someone wants to publish it.
Also [1207] (though no typo there)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am

…and here I am, just reading and enjoying a good story…

=D
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 am

Dragging on with what Invis says,

Piro seems to think he's playing a dating sim (and he sucks at it, until whoever plays Kimiko, gives him a helping hand - still it shows when Miho's segments come on).

Largo played FPS or zombie-invasion or tower-defense or even something like a Beavis & Butthead-like game ... but he got dragged into a dating sim/RPG with whoever plays Erika.

Erika resembles what Piro did to Pirogoeth (her player has logged out and only came back when Largo showed up)

Miho's game consists of mostly endings.

Kimiko plays the complicated one.

Yakugashi tries to learn story creation from her mum and just landed in cold water.

Ninjas would just be happy with editing anything.

Sonoda plays an RTS or city-builder-sim-with-disasters.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun May 19, 2019 8:36 am

MegaTokyo is the ultimate open ended sandbox game.

Erika and Largo are a married couple in unMod, the reality that MegaTokyo is nested within. What happens in MT may or may not be reflecting the unMod reality of their relationship which includes Largo's high stress police work, their house in the suburbs and their 6 or so children. As I've observed MT Largo has been min/max in his LUCK stat which he of course denies. That is the sort of thing that would amuse a cop like Largo in unMod

Moh and Piroko are Miho and Piro's players with Kimiko possibly being a second character of Moh's. Piroko has serious issues which reflect in both Piro and Pirogoeth

No person living in the simulated worlds of MegaTokyo or EndGame have the vaguest notion that their existence is entirely virtual

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Sun May 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:36 am
MegaTokyo is the ultimate open ended sandbox game.

Erika and Largo are a married couple in unMod, the reality that MegaTokyo is nested within. What happens in MT may or may not be reflecting the unMod reality of their relationship which includes Largo's high stress police work, their house in the suburbs and their 6 or so children. As I've observed MT Largo has been min/max in his LUCK stat which he of course denies. That is the sort of thing that would amuse a cop like Largo in unMod

Moh and Piroko are Miho and Piro's players with Kimiko possibly being a second character of Moh's. Piroko has serious issues which reflect in both Piro and Pirogoeth

No person living in the simulated worlds of MegaTokyo or EndGame have the vaguest notion that their existence is entirely virtual
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding this, Invisigoth, but you appear to be indicating that Megatokyo is a game within a game, correct? If so, what role did Miho play in rewriting these games and which ones did she rewrite? I seem to recall a strip or two in which it was implied that she played a role in rewriting character codes, a sort of expert hacking of the game so to speak. If my recollection is correct and she was indeed involved in this sort of activity, it would be interesting to find out which of these games has her mark on it and what are the implications for her, the hacker.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Miho seriously exploited the hidden emotional stats in EndGame. What Moh may have done with the code in MegaTokyo isn't clear aside from apparently running 2 different characters there, those being Miho and Kimiko.

The point being that the simulations are as real to the the inhabitants as the world that they are nested in is to its inhabitants.

So far everything points to unMod being the highest level world thus making it the most likely to be actual and physical

Initial B

Post by Initial B » Wed May 22, 2019 7:33 am

I have my own theories about Megatokyo, the main one being that the world itself is a virtual construct and Piro and Largo are still at E3 (from the first couple of strips) playing the game. They've been playing this long because they're stuck due to a glitch in the system (kind of like the Aincrad arc of Sword Art Online).
We're all assuming the 'her' is Moeka, but it could be someone else.

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Thu May 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Reading these posts have gotten me interested in Nurse Angel Ririka. I have found English subs for the Anime, but I haven't had any luck finding Manga. Does anybody have any links?