Thanks MegaTokyo

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

altairabove

Thanks MegaTokyo

Post by altairabove » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 pm

I want to say thank you to Fred and his support team for all the love that is MegaTokyo.

Like many others, I started reading more than a decade ago and the comic was very special to me. I tried to keep up with the story, but the emotional investment of waiting for each page was too difficult. Recently, I visited the site again out of nostalgia and was quickly swept up with it again. I love that this is still here, I love that there is more story, I love that the characters still 'live'.

Like the mass of fans(zombies?) in the comic, I will likely never know the real people behind the scenes - and that's ok. For whatever motivation Fred has to continue, whether it is for the fans, for himself, or like Nanasawa - for the characters themselves, I am grateful.

Sincerely,
A fan

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Thanks MegaTokyo

Post by paarfi » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 am

altairabove wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:34 pm
I want to say thank you to Fred and his support team for all the love that is MegaTokyo.
That's really nice of you, altairabove. It's been a very rough past decade for Fred and family, and you're far from the only fan who drifted away as the medical and other life problems hurt the comic production. But Fred is still at it because of the support of MT fans like you. Fred talks often about how MT readers are among the most long-suffering and loyal fans in the world, and how very much he appreciates it. It's great to hear that you're still loving it.

note: I've moved this thread to Story Discussion.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon