[1551] A little rough

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1551] A little rough

Post by paarfi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:15 am

Fred has posted the comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: [1551] A little rough

Post by paarfi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:15 am

Junko has some anger issues.

eomdal
Location: Northern California: Proud nexus of Unreal America.

Post by eomdal » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Wow. Junko is super defensive about being grabbed and detained. Ashe's approach was physical, but it conveyed "don't go yet". In response, Junko's face was not simply anger, but a mix of rage and panic. Not just a push-back and a slap, but a roundhouse and a groin kick.

Junko must have been handled roughly in her life, at home and/or in her profession. This is indeed a part of her that she doesn't want someone who has shown kindness to her to see. Sadly, This same person thinks it is simply something that he can delete from her profile...a profile that has being used to develop the EDS, and Ping has now witnessed this part if it to her shock.

Also, poor Poor Plushie San. They retired him to the break room after what he endured in service to the Foxhole's guests, and just has he finds peace, a couple of bruiser girls trigger the old PTSD.

Also, Megumi tails. Plural.

Great comic, Fred. the flow of the action, the angles, the faces. This was fun and poignant.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Megumi is incredibly wise here and grandmother is definitely the coolest character in MT.

Do no play rough with the kitsune, you very well could die

EDIT: Caught that Ashe was signing in the last panel so that was Ashe's wisdom

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

eomdal wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:19 pm
Also, Megumi tails. Plural.
If you watch Fred's Twitch livedraws or support Fred's Patreon at the $10 level, you get to see the artwork without the word bubbles and in its full glory. Here's the full view of what Eomdal is talking about.

Fred, being Fred, responds to all comments about this with "Tails? What tails?". :D

We've seen Megumi with foxgirl ears back in [1544] and [1545], and in the latter you can almost see the glimpse of a tail in the corner of the first panel. Fred has talked about kitsune tails on the Twitch stream before, saying that their magical power goes up with the number of tails, and 3 tails is enough magic to be able to hide the tails and pass for a normal human. I tend to trust that as actual story background rather than a Fred herring, but since it hasn't appeared in-comic yet he is, of course, free to change his mind.

The Megumi-as-secret-foxgirl thing has been around here on the forum almost as long as there have been foxgirls in MT. A thread or two ago, someone asked if Fred ever took speculation on the forum and incorporated it into the comic. I don't think he'd ever admit it, but I'm going to read Megumi's ears and tails as a "Yes". Even going back further than that, when Fred first decided that Mugi's last name was Sawatari, it was forum folks who pointed out that that was Megumi's last name too. "Ha", he said, and suddenly they were cousins, which has been a great twist that brought Megumi back into the story. This is kind of an extension on that, and I for one welcome our foxgirl overlords.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Megumi's original backstory involved Ninja oddly enough and she had the name Sawatari before any of the rest of the clan ever appeared AFAIK

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:46 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:37 pm
Megumi [snip] had the name Sawatari before any of the rest of the clan ever appeared AFAIK
Quite right. Megumi was canon Sawatari in [830], while Mugi didn't show up until [1230].

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 am

Did we know about Junko’s propensity for violence before this?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:52 am

Well she was:

- bullying Ping (with the class committee) for having too much of a feminine figure
- shouting at her father for willing to 'work with Miho', in the CoD
- stomping away from Ping during the Tranzleet misunderstanding, which led to Ping destroying a delivery truck to save her from being struck

So the least we can say is, she's impulsive. Now we know she has attributes of physical violence, too.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:48 am

(now having seen the page)
Megumi DOES have tail(s)!

Yeah I know Fred's been saying 'Junko is a teddy bear, that's why she's unscathed now'; in the MT game mechanics, I suppose, it was Megumi's tails/magic that saved her though ;)

Nice touch with Junko's shoes slipping off her feet upon headplant. This must be magic I tell ya [see the p.s at 1302 :)]

Cheers for the new page :) can't wait for the next one...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 am

I'm guessing Ashe has been watching Saturday Night Rasslin'? :lol: And a fine vixen she is, right?

Hey, do Patreon subs see panties in panel 7?? :roll:

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:07 am

Also, this is the 2nd time we've had the "vixen" joke [1358]. Must be a common complaint among the foxgirls. :D

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:20 am

Ok, now it has been revealed that Megumi does indeed have tails, the big question is how many. You can see 5 in the panel without the speech bubble. How many does she actually have?
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:28 am

GouryG wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:20 am
Ok, now it has been revealed that Megumi does indeed have tails, the big question is how many. You can see 5 in the panel without the speech bubble. How many does she actually have?
I don't see any tails, i see a speech bubble and scribbles behind her.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:04 am

The Magic Field Effect of Megumi's tails (5 of them, you see!) must be affecting even the Creators' FOV/perception :) they literally draw themselves ;)

@gouryg: I think the twitch broadcast might have revealed the pants, but they're mostly hidden by Junko's limb anyway.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 am

cidjen wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:04 am
@gouryg: I think the twitch broadcast might have revealed the pants, but they're mostly hidden by Junko's limb anyway.
(resists the urge to draw the rest of that frame showing all of Junko above the top of that frame as an incentive to encourage $10 Patreons. Behave, fred, behave)

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:52 am

piro wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 am
(resists the urge to draw the rest of that frame showing all of Junko above the top of that frame as an incentive to encourage $10 Patreons. Behave, fred, behave)
Behaving badly is a form of behavior... :mrgreen:

Oh Junko, how many EK dates have you needed to kick or knee to the groin?
I wonder how much less it hurts women to be kicked in the crouch? A King of the Hill episode leads one to believe that it does not hurt women one bit: Bobby had become a groin kicking delinquent and Peg took his best shot and subdued him for her husband, Hank... and she would do it anytime he asked to keep Bobby in line. On the other hand, 3 Billboards shows the mother kick a boy in the groin for lying followed by a girl. The boy went down like a sack of taters and it hurt the girl too, but it did not seem near as effective. Could any ladies left on SD offer their opinion/experience to help this bear's curiosity?

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am

So, I was correct in taking Invisigoth's easrlier observations to heart. Megumi is most likely a NINE tail kitsune. She is also the most normal acting of the Sawatari women we have seen thus far. Of the two women, her and Mugi, Megumi could be considered the "good girl" of the family. Now for a bit of speculation. Is Megumi behaving rather prim and proper because she actually IS that way, or is she behaving thusly because she is concerned about having to deal with one rather nasty fact: she is the biggest, scariest monster in the Sawatari family.

Mamma Peach

Post by Mamma Peach » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 am

It would really hurt to be kicked there (not that I ever have been) since it's soft sensitive tissue backed by bone, but not nearly as painful as to a guy.

I just noticed that this grandma doesn't have fox ears or tail. Is she the human element in the family, or just really good at hiding them.

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:57 am

Here's another one, it has been mentioned several times that her bow in her hair seems to move on it's own. How much do you want to bet that she is also using Kitsune magic to create an illusion to hide her ears.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 pm

GouryG wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:57 am
Here's another one, it has been mentioned several times that her bow in her hair seems to move on it's own. How much do you want to bet that she is also using Kitsune magic to create an illusion to hide her ears.
Before this wondering goes too far, all i want to say is that as far as Megumi knows, shes just a normal woman. She and her mom and her grandmother dont have any tails or ears or anything. In fact, the only real reason shes sorta in on the cousin loop is because grams worked for the brothel when she was younger as a taken in normie cousin (with a lot of attitude. imagine what she was like when she was younger :P) and the only girl there who wasn't (technically) a kitsune. If for some reason Megumi is showing latent kitsune-ness, she has no idea. The only thing she does know is that she totally suffers from the 'forever alone' curse that effects all kitsune girls - in fact, in her case its almsot comically bad :P

That said, what tails? :P

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm

piro wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:15 pm
GouryG wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:57 am
Before this wondering goes too far, all i want to say is that as far as Megumi knows, shes just a normal woman. She and her mom and her grandmother dont have any tails or ears or anything. In fact, the only real reason shes sorta in on the cousin loop is because grams worked for the brothel when she was younger as a taken in normie cousin (with a lot of attitude. imagine what she was like when she was younger :P) and the only girl there who wasn't (technically) a kitsune. If for some reason Megumi is showing latent kitsune-ness, she has no idea. The only thing she does know is that she totally suffers from the 'forever alone' curse that effects all kitsune girls - in fact, in her case its almsot comically bad :P

That said, what tails? :P
My apologies, oh creator of the comic, but once an image is released, no take backs! She might not realize it, but she has tails and ears. They are there for sure! It will be interesting, if it is indeed true that she does not realize what she is, to find out how she deals with the realization that there is more to her than she had once thought.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Eraden wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm
no take backs!
The Fredrin giveth, and the Fredrin taketh away. Tempt Him not, or we shall (after a weekend of furious photoshopping and reuploading) awaken one morning to a MegaTokyo with no <insert your 2nd favorite character> in it. :ph34r:
but she has tails and ears. They are there for sure!
I have observed tails and ears. I do not yet consider it certain that those are not false-positive observations. (That kitsune tails can be "hidden" makes false-negative observations already canon.)

And that's without even seriously considering the possibility I joked about a few threads back that the tails are quantum mechanical. (The more tails you observe, the less certain you can be about who they actually belong to.)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:58 pm

darrin wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:37 pm
Eraden wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm
no take backs!
The Fredrin giveth, and the Fredrin taketh away. Tempt Him not, or we shall (after a weekend of furious photoshopping and reuploading) awaken one morning to a MegaTokyo with no <insert your 2nd favorite character> in it. :ph34r:
but she has tails and ears. They are there for sure!
I have observed tails and ears. I do not yet consider it certain that those are not false-positive observations. (That kitsune tails can be "hidden" makes false-negative observations already canon.)

And that's without even seriously considering the possibility I joked about a few threads back that the tails are quantum mechanical. (The more tails you observe, the less certain you can be about who they actually belong to.)
I prefer to invoke Occam's Razor here. The simplest explanation is that she does indeed have fox ears and tails. However, his other statement that she is not aware of such a development intrigues me. Is it possible that she could be a full blown nine-tail and not at present aware of it? If so, that makes for an interesting discussion on how a kitsune can evolve over time. It also means that, assuming there is further development of this path, her life is about to get a LOT more complicated.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 am
It would really hurt to be kicked there (not that I ever have been) since it's soft sensitive tissue backed by bone, but not nearly as painful as to a guy.

I just noticed that this grandma doesn't have fox ears or tail. Is she the human element in the family, or just really good at hiding them.
Yes.
SpoilerShow
lmao sorry always wanted to use this kind of response, grandma indeed is, by Fred's word, the only human in the family.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish