[1549] The sum of our parts

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1549] The sum of our parts

Post by paarfi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Fred posted the comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

eomdal
Location: Northern California: Proud nexus of Unreal America.

Re: [1549] The sum of our parts

Post by eomdal » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:41 am

Told! That was glorious, Ashe. (Also: Called it!)

Unfortunately, he won't get it. Now we can only hope that Ashe can convey this to Ping and/or Junko.

Wonderful expressions in the art, Fred. Kudos.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:54 am

“Do not meddle in the affairs of foxgirls, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”
"Go not to the foxgirls for counsel, for they will say both 'mou' and 'feh'."

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm

At least Dr. Gero still has all of his pieces; for now.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Ashe FTW!!! LOL on the translation charge.........

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Go Ashe! You can see the anger and frustration on her face, she wants to punch him so bad....
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:13 pm

HakuRyoku wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Go Ashe! You can see the anger and frustration on her face, she wants to punch him so bad....
Id much prefeer the cattle prod on such as the good dr. Yes tis lucky that he is.
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm

So basically, Dr.Clueless is developing a product to exploit men's vulnerability, but it's women who are harmed by this? But it's ok as long as it's a "whole girl" who is manipulating some guy into paying her money just for the privilege of going on a date with her (where doubtless he's also expected to pay for everything)? At least with an EDS you might have a decent chance of actually getting your money's worth.

Oh but she threw a TANTRUM, so the discussion is over! A girl threw a TANTRUM guys! That's the final word on everything!

I can't even...

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 am

MGTOW much, Oka?

I stand by my douche chills for Dr. Feelgood. He is a creeper.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:42 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm
So basically, Dr.Clueless is developing a product to exploit men's vulnerability, but it's women who are harmed by this? But it's ok as long as it's a "whole girl" who is manipulating some guy into paying her money just for the privilege of going on a date with her (where doubtless he's also expected to pay for everything)? At least with an EDS you might have a decent chance of actually getting your money's worth.

Oh but she threw a TANTRUM, so the discussion is over! A girl threw a TANTRUM guys! That's the final word on everything!

I can't even...
If you think that's throwing a tantrum, you need to date more. Hell, she didn't even throw dishes at him. I suspect you're misreading her frustration at not being able to communicate with him. And not because she broke her phone.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:49 am

PREDICTION: Doc is now going to be fascinated by Ashe and pursue her. Dunno how that will end up, but I suspect it would be good for him, assuming he survives. If not, it'll be therapeutic for us to watch her pummel him.

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:12 am

The words weren't the argument here. Being given in sign was the key detail. He knew that he was talking to a Deaf woman about editing out women's flaws from fantasy versions of themselves.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 am

Of course, none of us out here at the MT forums could ever be labeled ‘creepy’ in real life, by other real persons.

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 am
MGTOW much, Oka?
Hmm, you mean I'm "going my own way"? That's funny, I could have sworn I was being involuntarily forced to associate with someone who I despise, who has zero respect for me, and who is actively trying to drive me to suicide, but I guess that's one way to interpret it.
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:01 am
I stand by my douche chills for Dr. Feelgood. He is a creeper.
But you'll defend some girl who "sells her services" to him? I'm certainly not defending him but your standards seem kinda skewed. I mean she even considers him to be one of her better "clients".
Roamer wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:42 am
If you think that's throwing a tantrum, you need to date more. Hell, she didn't even throw dishes at him. I suspect you're misreading her frustration at not being able to communicate with him. And not because she broke her phone.
Emotionally manipulative tantrums are worse. Plus, only really trashy girls throw dishes and if you end up with that it's more of a sign of epic bad judgment than anything. I don't put up with that kind of behavior, let alone let it get to that point.

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 am

Roamer wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:42 am
Okashinamaru wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:40 pm

I can't even...
Now there's a high standard of civility to live up to! :roll:

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 am

BetaCygnus wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 am
Of course, none of us out here at the MT forums could ever be labeled ‘creepy’ in real life, by other real persons.

=)
MT forum peoples are best peoples.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:49 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 am
But you'll defend some girl who "sells her services" to him? I'm certainly not defending him but your standards seem kinda skewed. I mean she even considers him to be one of her better "clients".
Fair point to make on the surface. Except I have never defended Junko's choice of job... side hustle?
I like her character, and I have liked her from the start.
I have not liked Creeper from the start.
Junko has not done enough to make me dislike her.
Creeper has not done enough to reverse my dislike of him, quite the opposite even.
Now you have a simple explanation why I take up for Junko and denigrate Dr. Feelgood.

Ubu

Post by Ubu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 am

Got to admit, whomever you "support" or don't, this is a point that gives much grist for the thinking mill. You get right down to it, all sides are treating the other as a resource for commercial gain. Even the waitress! Dr. Creepy commercializes women's personalities in the name of profit, Junko commercializes companionship to support her family. Then there's Ashe, who works at a love hotel. And whose grandma worked as a prostitute at some point. (At least i think Ashe's another granddaughter?)

5000 shades of gray...

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 am

Emotionally manipulative tantrums are worse. Plus, only really trashy girls throw dishes and if you end up with that it's more of a sign of epic bad judgment than anything. I don't put up with that kind of behavior, let alone let it get to that point.
Hello, Oka. Misogynist much? :P :evil:

....and that answers my question from earlier: Not only "No", but "HELL NO". Be grateful you still have the family jewels intact, dude.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 am

Can I please ask everyone to keep it civil and with less name-calling. We're all friends here, even if we disagree on some thing. Just let it drop.

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:40 am

Rapierman wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 am
Hello, Oka. Misogynist much? :P :evil:

....and that answers my question from earlier: Not only "No", but "HELL NO". Be grateful you still have the family jewels intact, dude.
What are you even talking about?

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm

I keep seeing references to the scientist as "creepy" and "creeper". These references appear to be often accompanied by additional language to suggest that the term is in reference to a perceived notion that he is a pervert of some kind. I can not see any of that kind of behavior in this man. No, he is far FAR worse. If, in my opinion, you want a better comparison to look to for an idea of what he is probably like (although to a slightly less terrifying degree), think Desty Nova from Battle Angel Alita. Just as Desty was focused on learning about the nature of free will and Karma, THIS man is focused on discovering the inner workings of the human mind (in this case, girls) and either recreating them or rewriting them to make them better. Just as Desty had no concerns about the state of well being of his subjects, this scientist here in the comic appears to not be overly concerned about the well being of the ladies he is drawing upon for data. This is not what I call a creeper. This is what I call a nightmare.

Seriously folks, this scientist is well out of the league of the normal type of villain shown in this comic (with maybe the exception of Dom). How far out remains to be seen. I am still not quite sure as to his overall motivations regarding his research. It appears that he is at least partially motivated by a desire to increase Sony's profit margins. I think there might be more to it than that though, although as of yet there is no definitive evidence for that. To date, this man has been in a quite comfortable space with regards to his pursuits, and therefore has not been forced in any way to go either on the offensive or defensive. It is usually when the push turns into the shove that things come to a head. Now that he's had a rather uncomfortable encounter with Ashe, we might get to see bit more underneath the hood. How will he react?

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Eraden wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 pm
Seriously folks, this scientist is well out of the league of the normal type of villain shown in this comic (with maybe the exception of Dom). How far out remains to be seen. I am still not quite sure as to his overall motivations regarding his research. It appears that he is at least partially motivated by a desire to increase Sony's profit margins. I think there might be more to it than that though, although as of yet there is no definitive evidence for that. To date, this man has been in a quite comfortable space with regards to his pursuits, and therefore has not been forced in any way to go either on the offensive or defensive. It is usually when the push turns into the shove that things come to a head. Now that he's had a rather uncomfortable encounter with Ashe, we might get to see bit more underneath the hood. How will he react?
Villain? I mean he might be clueless and a terrible father, but as far as we've been told he hasn't actually harmed anyone. Sure, he doesn't really care that much about Junko either, but why should he? Would you prefer him to be a pedophile?

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Well y'know, one of the defining charactistics of evil is treating people as things. In war, it manifests as dehumanizing the enemy. In that respect, Gero is mega-evil in that he is intent on creating as many 'daughters' ('cause that is what they would be called if biological) as possible and selling them into slavery. More evil than Dom, who just kills people (also without remorse, but it's a quick end, less suffering). Of course, especially in the Middle East, it's not much better for women. So one can't really cop out by saying they're inhuman :-}

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Are you people forgetting about one of the basic tenets of Ping's programming?

If a real girl comes into the life of Ping's end user, she is programed to step aside and disengage the emotional strings that attach them. She is then supposed to help her end user build a "real" relationship.

So this "creepy" man is designing a playstation accessory (IE *not* a "real" girl) that will actually teach men how to properly date a *real* girl. Why is that a bad thing?

As I have pointed out before, Ping's "personality" is supposed to become an amalgamation of all the characters her end user plays with her.