[1547] realistic girl architectures

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Okashinamaru

Re: [1547] realistic girl architectures

Post by Okashinamaru » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:44 pm

Roborat wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:07 pm
Wait, this is interesting. Mr. research scientist doesn't know about Kitsune? He thinks those ears and tails are fashion accessories? So he is not as culturally or genre aware as I thought he was. I wonder what other things he has missed, and how might that affect his ability to program realistic behavior in his prototypes.
He didn't explicitly say that. Some people have interpreted it that way but he could easily be talking about other, more mundane things.

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:44 pm
Roborat wrote:
He thinks those ears and tails are fashion accessories?
He didn't explicitly say that. Some people have interpreted it that way but he could easily be talking about other, more mundane things.
But the conjunction of panel 3, where he is imitating "floppy" earblades, immediately followed by panel 4, where she twitches her ear, makes it very likely in my opinion. The potential irony in him assuming the ears are "fake", while having just mocked Ashe for assuming Ping's earblades were fake (accessories), adds to this likelihood for me at least. (Alternatively if he is mocking Ashe for not having noticed the earblades at all, then the irony would be him only just now noticing the "fake" ears; I think it works about as well either way.) I agree with paarfi and Roborat on this one.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Well, according to 106, Ping was supposed to "become an amalgamation of all the girls in the dating simulations and visual novels", but she was never used to play the EDS games (unless Miho did during their sleep-over) so her only experience comes from the real girls that she has been exposed to. I wonder how Old Man will react when he finds out?

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 am

Tsubasa played Princess Maker with Ping before gifting Piro with Ping, his apartment for a few days, and his entertainment system.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 am

Spending time with teen age girls to learn how they speak and act to better judge when he has Ping and her sisters working properly isn't really that bad. It's not like taking these bits and pieces of various girls is removing them from the girls.

If Junko, the smart as a whip class president pretty girl with lots of friends at school, is babysitting some 8 year old neighbor girl, that girl would probably be watching her like a hawk learning how to be like her, how to become an apparently awesome teen-aged girl. The 8 year old would be watching lots of teen-aged girls she admired and copying bits and pieces of them, it's completely natural. Though the method is different, the results are the same for our favorite SONY scientist here studying teens to design PING. Lets hope the creation of human like androids doesn't stretch the whole intellectual property law bullshit to start covering personalities. The 8 year old will eventually take what she has observed and keep some and change others and become who she becomes (let's hope it's someone she wants to be). It has apparently taken this guy by surprise, but PING has also taken what he gave her to start with and made of it what she wants and is doing stuff he never would have imagined.

Junko seems to me to be a realist. I don't think she'd begrudge Ping having been designed partly with reference to how she, Junko, behaved. Or be angry with the SONY guy about that part. Little girl, you want to be like me, cool. Science gentleman, you want your robot girl to be like me, cool. But, this gentleman seemed interested in her as a nice girl. He treated her with respect. She was really happy to go on this date, it wasn't like all the others. That his motives had nothing to do with liking her, but only studying her.. Yeah that will hurt her. She might take that out on Ping a bit.

Anyway. Parallels.

Ping tried to save Junko by disguising herself as her to distract (what she assumed was) a sex crazed client trying to buy her, and is now across the street downstairs in the employee break room of the love hotel getting advice on how to actually go about that. (she's a robot and not very knowledgeable about such things)

Yuki tried to save Miho by disguising herself as her to distract the horde trying to kill her, and later gave her boyfriend his first kiss and the next morning she yanked his pants clean.. on? (she's underaged and shy)

Kimi tried to save Miho by disguising herself as her to distract the heroes trying to kill her, and is now across the street upstairs in the lava room of the love hotel having sex with Piro. (whoo-hoo!!)

Lessons learned:

A) Fred likes parallels

B) Prefer real girls old enough to buy beer.

DS

Quietust

Post by Quietust » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:19 am

Roborat wrote:
Wait, this is interesting. Mr. research scientist doesn't know about Kitsune? He thinks those ears and tails are fashion accessories? So he is not as culturally or genre aware as I thought he was. I wonder what other things he has missed, and how might that affect his ability to program realistic behavior in his prototypes.
"Culturally/genre aware" is a bit of a stretch, since fox-people and magical girls and zombies and giant zillas (etc.) don't actually exist in the Real World - it would be more accurate to say that he, like many others in this story, doesn't realize that he's actually in a fantasy world.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:29 am

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:53 am
[...]

Anyway. Parallels.

Ping tried to save Junko by disguising herself as her to distract (what she assumed was) a sex crazed client trying to buy her, and is now across the street downstairs in the employee break room of the love hotel getting advice on how to actually go about that. (she's a robot and not very knowledgeable about such things)

Yuki tried to save Miho by disguising herself as her to distract the horde trying to kill her, and later gave her boyfriend his first kiss and the next morning she yanked his pants clean.. on? (she's underaged and shy)

Kimi tried to save Miho by disguising herself as her to distract the heroes trying to kill her, and is now across the street upstairs in the lava room of the love hotel having sex with Piro. (whoo-hoo!!)
The fanboys are trying to synthesize the Real Story Of Miho, out of scraps of information about Real Girl Miho, that Ping posted online.
(And Miho is freaked out)

Ping's creators are trying to synthesize an Ideal Girl Story, out of scraps of information they gather from/about Real Girls, that they gathered in the Real World Encounters.
(And who should be freaked out about that then...? I guess, Junko will definitely be freaked out)
Lessons learned:

A) Fred likes parallels

B) Prefer real girls old enough to buy beer.

DS
Yeah I vote B ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 am

darrin wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:19 am
Roamer wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:49 am
He's utterly focused, works stupid OT (including this date)
I don't see evidence of that yet. Again, when he thought Ashe was a "potential customer" asking about buying the finished product, he immediately launched into the "ad copy" - the generic description that would already be available in Sony press releases regarding the project as a whole. I didn't see any hints that he was focused on, say, larger implications of the project or issues stemming from Ping being a self-aware individual.
and has spent considerable time outside of work building up knowledge of associated fields
If he were really a polymath as you seem to be implying (I had thought tongue in cheek at the time), then my wild-assed guess about him knowing sign language would have proven true. Knowing it was needed for the project, he would immediately have gone and "spent considerable overtime" learning it, so that even if one of his subordinates were taking responsibility for that subsystem, he could personally double check the results. He didn't though; he was perfectly content to delegate that task. Just as he's completely calm and unconcerned now with any issues related to retrieving this rogue prototype on the loose without authorization; that's Ed's problem after all.
I am being somewhat tongue in cheek here, but not completely. Working in large tech companies means meeting people like this. They completely immerse themselves in their chosen field and turn out systems of stunning complexity. It requires amazing concentration just to think consistently at that level. They're willing to pursue related fields to improve their mastery, but this means they usually don't have the capacity for much outside that field. They're not autistic; they have to be able to communicate well and run a team to project their vision. But they're DRIVEN. The doctor, here, seems like a prime case. I suspect anything that might impede the release of his 'realistic girl architecture' - for example, one of his creations developing free will - will not be taken well.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:39 am

darrin wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:55 pm
Okashinamaru wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:44 pm
Roborat wrote:
He thinks those ears and tails are fashion accessories?
But the conjunction of panel 3, where he is imitating "floppy" earblades, immediately followed by panel 4, where she twitches her ear, makes it very likely in my opinion. The potential irony in him assuming the ears are "fake", while having just mocked Ashe for assuming Ping's earblades were fake (accessories), adds to this likelihood for me at least. (Alternatively if he is mocking Ashe for not having noticed the earblades at all, then the irony would be him only just now noticing the "fake" ears; I think it works about as well either way.) I agree with paarfi and Roborat on this one.
This. The joke just falls together too well.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Quietust wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:19 am
Roborat wrote:
"Culturally/genre aware" is a bit of a stretch, since fox-people and magical girls and zombies and giant zillas (etc.) don't actually exist in the Real World - it would be more accurate to say that he, like many others in this story, doesn't realize that he's actually in a fantasy world.
It took Junko quite a while to realize she was living in a fantasy world.
Ping may have a special talent for inspiring cross-overs.

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 am

Quietust wrote:
Roborat wrote:
What I would like to see is Ashe snapping this fools neck,but i dont think this is a isakai story lol. Anyway the fool has stepped on a few landmines hasnt he? calling her ears fake? buckle up.
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 am

Zandra wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 am
Quietust wrote:
Roborat wrote:
What I would like to see is Ashe snapping this fools neck,but i dont think this is a isakai story lol. Anyway the fool has stepped on a few landmines hasnt he? calling her ears fake? buckle up.
Please note, this man is an important (how much so is yet to be defined) employee of Sony. As much as it would be fun to see Ashe rough him up (she might have the right attitude for it as well), it would not bode well for the Fox clan to have such a powerful megacorporation hot on their tails. Remember, they DO have people like Ed on the payroll. Even if the clan could survive the onslaught, the damage received from Sony might not be worth the effort of beating this scientist up. Fortunately, there appears to be smarter, craftier members of the clan (Meg's granny) who might be able to manipulate the man sufficiently enough as to render him mostly harmless.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Eraden wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 am
Please note, this man is an important (how much so is yet to be defined) employee of Sony. As much as it would be fun to see Ashe rough him up (she might have the right attitude for it as well), it would not bode well for the Fox clan to have such a powerful megacorporation hot on their tails. Remember, they DO have people like Ed on the payroll. Even if the clan could survive the onslaught, the damage received from Sony might not be worth the effort of beating this scientist up. Fortunately, there appears to be smarter, craftier members of the clan (Meg's granny) who might be able to manipulate the man sufficiently enough as to render him mostly harmless.
I think you are assuming that this is an officially sanctioned meeting and that Sony knows the location Dr. Gero. That has not yet been established. I am sure that the kitsunes are well versed in the disposal of an occasional body. Perhaps with a nice glass of chianti.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:00 pm

The point that I was trying to make, is that there are much simpler, more effective and less bloodthirsty means available to the Fox clan to deal with this situation. Means which won't leave any negative repercussions. Good lord people, it seems as if some of you crave death and destruction in this comic. I for one, appreciate the moments in this comic where a gentler and wiser hand guides the outcome.

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm

True,but its just me tossing fred herrings out there.
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Eraden wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:00 pm
less bloodthirsty
Lisa Simpson as kitsune: "I recognize the words, but that phrase makes no sense to me." :lol:
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one