What are you Watching/Reading Q4 2018

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: What are you Watching/Reading Q4 2018

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:45 pm

That's the one! Different places have different translations, I should've just posted the Romaji version. They also have an anime of it set to start either winter or spring of next year, can't wait!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:31 pm

From the perspective of a translator, the 'We('ll) Never Learn' form seems more fitting, multi-faceted and peculiar, than just 'we can't study' :)

Want another quick read ? When a Stupid FPS Player Falls to Another World or The Other World Doesn't Stand A Chance Against The Power Of Instant Death First is from 'Switched to Another World' type, the other from 'I got a cheat i can defeat everything with'. Harem/leveling continuing with Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (plus Sword Oratoria side story) and A Certain Scientific Railgun is sci-fi enough to be edible (when A Certain Magical Index sorta isn't already, which is funny because Railgun was supposed to be the side story of that, I think?).
SpoilerShow
if u wander why i write this, it's to not forget these titles :) Also Namaikizakari,L.DK and Domestic Girlfriend the last one for the thoughts of what matters in being a writer plus fanservice :) yeah, i know.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Speaking of manga, World Trigger is back! :D

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:53 am

A couple more for remembrance (I just encountered them today) : Suki mo Yoi,
Remember (by Benjamin) (the latter is chinese but dayum! it's jarring right in the feelz.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:42 pm

(Sis X Bro )Mance I just found Binetsu Kuukan. Slow release. Like last full chapter was in August. And then just now. But seems interesting.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:12 am

(Is this the first time I've replied to such threads? oh well)

Re-reading Bakuman manga for like the 20th time! Still so awesome.
Forums are funny objects since social media became a thing

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:19 am

Bakuman is another one on my List. It's a long one..... :roll:

Kinda quiet over in this neck of the woods anymore(but not as quiet as the Games section).

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:37 pm

I just discovered one amusing one...
Kimi wa, Ore ga Suki datte Ittara Donna Kao suru darou.

Don't say anything :P
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Just watched Riddle Story of Devil. I really liked it except for one thing. But I still really enjoyed the show overall.

I also recently finished Nagi No Asukara. I thought this show was very well-done in every way. My hat is off to everyone who was a part of making this show.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 am

Just finished Mawaru Penguindrum.It's was just OK to me, but how did Showa and Kanba wind up in the boxes in the first place? Or is this just more symbolism?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Today I found Suki tte Ii na yo has come to a conclusion... Just what I needed on a gloomy day.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:59 pm

TIL:

Onoda Asamichi (sic!) was a) an otaku and b) a really talented racing bicycle team "climber" when he was in high school...

(talking about Yowamushi Pedal ofc... currently on chapter 240 just after the first Inter High... that.stuff.is.some.hi.octane.feelz.right.there heh if you have time to look at it, even the face seems to sort-of match... )
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Think I'm going to drop Karakuri Circus. Story is just getting too "out there".

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 am

Saw the BokuBen PV. It looks cheap...... :(

Murren

Post by Murren » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 am

Watching Kannazuki no Miko. It's good. And man the music for the opening theme and ending theme... blows me away every time. I love it.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Just caught up to Wind Breaker back to back. Talk about realism in bicycle-themed comics? Well. This un's on more real level than Yowapeda, anyway.
At this rate I'll end up picking up riding a road bike of all things, LOL. Or triathlon... Btw anyone know any good manga about running...?
Stopped reading Hunter Age instead.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:59 am

The Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru(Run With the Wind) Anime(which I dropped) is based on a Manga of the same name. YMMV.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 pm

I'll have to defer that until I get the paper version in en... if ever...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 am

I watched the first couple episodes of Re:Zero. I think I'm going to drop it for now because (so far) it is wayyyy too intense for me. I was looking for something about as intense as Akuma no Riddle, but (so far) Re:Zero is 10 times as intense. I can't even handle it. I generally get very immersed in the shows I watch (and I am rather sensitive), which is why I have had such a strong reaction to this show.

Re:Zero was recommended to me and was referred to as a "must watch", (and I agree that it is very well done so far) so I may come back to it, but for now it's wayyy too much for me.

On another note, I recently finished Kannazuki no Miko. Overall, I enjoyed it. I felt like they tried to fit a bit too much into 12 episodes, and that while the show was good, I felt that the show could have been a lot better if it had 24 (or even more) episodes, because that would have allowed the show to get a lot deeper into the character relationships and plot. Given that they had only 12 episodes and wanted to fit in as much as they did, they did a very good job with what they had to work with - but I feel that this show would have been even better if they had 24 or more episodes. I still enjoyed the show though and it was good. I would recommend it to someone who likes yuri animes with a more serious flavor. That's how it was recommended to me, and I agree.

Spoiler warning:
Kannazuki no Miko spoilerShow
Holy **** the passion in the last 2 episodes. That ended up being wayyyyy deeper and more emotional than I expected. I felt that they beautifully illustrated the kind of passion that 2 people have when they have been lovers in past lives. When any show starts talking about past lives and reincarnation, that is especially meaningful for me because I believe in that stuff. I thought many of the scenes in the last 2 episodes were very powerful and beautiful and very well-done.

Plot-wise, regarding the ending: There was a lot of stuff that was unclear at first, but when I started applying metaphysics to it and applied probable realities (metaphysical stuff) to it, (while the authors probably didn't intend that), the ending made perfect sense to me. The only thing I was unsure of was whether the reason Chikane wanted to make Himeko hate her was because she felt guilty or something (or just had some kind of karmic energetic debt), or if getting Himeko to kill her was a requirement for Orochi to be defeated. It wasn't clear to me whether past-life Chikane killing past-life Himeko was enough to get rid of Orochi, or if current-life Himeko killing current-life Chikane was a part of the requirement.

But other than that, I was able to make everything else make sense when thinking about it in terms of various metaphysical concepts. And, personally, that made the show even more powerful for me.

I thought that the past life stuff and reincarnation stuff was very well-done. And illustrating the passion that two lovers from past lives have... I thought it was very well-done and beautiful. It was very powerful for me.

This show will be very memorable for me because of this.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 am

Re:Zero was really intense the first few episodes, but then lightens up a bit later, though there are plenty of heavy parts later on.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Just got hooked on Watashitachi wa Koi wo Shiranai reading. Romcom. Like Horimiya only lighter.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Watashitachi wa Koi wo Shiranai is good stuff! Thanks! (Like I need another manga to read, lol!)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:04 am

And if you have a thing for angsty teens rom-coms, there is also Anoko no, Toriko (by Yuki Shiraishi).

Wait the author seems like even looks a bit like Yuki Sonoda lol. And it's about actors.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Amaama to Inazuma the manga is finally over. Manly tears were shed. ;) If you know this from just the anime, the manga is a lot better, IMO.(And the anime was pretty good!) It would be great if they did a second season, plus OVAs for the extra chapters.

Murren

Post by Murren » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:43 am

Started watching Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. Omg I love this show. 4 episodes in, I think I'm going to like this show as much as I like the show Working.

I watched Aiura - I enjoyed it and really liked the characters. Some cute girl shows really line up with what I like, some don't as much, but this show really did. (Except it was a bit too "fanservice"-y compared to what I like). But aside from that, I loved the vibe and loved the characters and humor. If it had full length episodes it would probably be among my top favorite cute girl shows.

Watched Haibane Renmei. I guess based on the recommendation I got for it, I expected it to be more emotionally intense, but the fact that it wasn't as "intense" as I "expected" doesn't really mean anything about the quality of the show. The story and setting were elaborate and pretty well-explained and the character development was good and made sense. The general vibe of the show was relaxing with some introspective emotional type of stuff, with some more emotionally intense parts as well. It didn't "move" me to as much a degree as I thought it would, but it was still a good show and was well-done.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list