[1543] value

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

[1543] value

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:06 pm

It's comic time! I just saw it on site! Thank you Fred :)
Also. First time first :)

So we knew sort-of, what kind of depth of perception Ping has (level : airhead), but this is a whole new development, looks like...

And, looks like the human genetics prevailed in Megumi's case, since she's no tail. Same as her grandmother...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Re: [1543] value

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Megu's grandmother continues Fred's tradition of awesome grandmothers

This is the hot grandma chapter

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:08 pm

From Fred's post of this comic to his Patreon
I apologize for the length of delay in the next comic here. Over thanksgiving we had a family medical emergency that took almost two weeks to get through. The good news is that I think things will be ok, but it had a massive impact on getting near my desk. Going to try to play catch up now and see what i can do to end up the year with the fun that is the next few comics.
Thank you SO MUCH for your support, especially during times like this. Now it's time to see what i can do to make it up to you guys. Thank you.
Since the delay was so long, i am uploading this comic for everyone to read today. For patreon folk, i have a few things I will upload today to make up for this. Thank you.
Enjoy.
Poor Ping. I imagine Junko would be furious (and disagree strongly) if she heard Ping's synopsis of her situation.

We've seen Mugi's mom along with Mugi's 9-tail grandma in non-comic artwork. Maybe not official canon since it's not in-comic, but I think that's close enough. In this comic we learn that Megumi's mom is this Grandma's daughter. So I suppose that means the family link between Mugi and Megumi is that their fathers are brothers. Or maybe Mugi and Megumi aren't first cousins. Assumign they are, hat seems to make Mugi's grandma and Megumi's grandma not related at all, which seems a bit odd with Megumi's grandma working at the Foxhole. Or maybe it's a whole inter-clan thing which keeps everyone close.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 pm

I believe Fred had confirmed that Mugi and Megu's fathers are brothers. Also, the grandmother kitsune is an 8-tail

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 pm
Also, the grandmother kitsune is an 8-tail
She's got everybody fooled. She's been magically hiding that 9th tail so people like Ninjagram will underestimate her. She planted the story about her wanting Mugi's tail as added cover. :ninja:

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
She's got everybody fooled. She's been magically hiding that 9th tail so people like Ninjagram will underestimate her. She planted the story about her wanting Mugi's tail as added cover. :ninja:
One of Obasama's *nine* tails IS a different color from the other eight

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 pm

paarfi wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:
It's more likely that REDACTED in MT than Grand-kitsune being a hidden 9 tail

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 pm
paarfi wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:
It's more likely that REDACTED in MT than Grand-kitsune being a hidden 9 tail
See? She's good at this. :D

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Well, this got seriously philosophical, even for Sony EDS androids.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am

Now that is logical conclusion based on limited experience to come up with that spin on Pay for Play. I understand how she got there. I also understand why Megumi freaked out about it. And nobody likes to hear about their parents, let alone grand parents, gettin bizzeh! But it happened... it happened alot... in every room of the the house... EVERY ROOM!

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:51 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am
Now that is logical conclusion based on limited experience to come up with that spin on Pay for Play. I understand how she got there. I also understand why Megumi freaked out about it. And nobody likes to hear about their parents, let alone grand parents, gettin bizzeh! But it happened... it happened alot... in every room of the the house... EVERY ROOM!
I think I'd be more weirded out by hearing my grandmother say that my mother was born due to her being a prostitute, and not having any idea who my grandfather was.

That's all sorts of weird.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 am

All of this, of course, is under the assumption that the old man outside is wanting sex...... :roll:

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:29 am

So after seeing Megumi in panel one here and Junko back on panel two of 1172, I'm wondering how they're related. Maybe Junko's dad is the one who paid for what resulted in Megumi's mom?

God, we have some weird conversations here. I've missed them. Job keeps getting in the way.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 am

I'd like to know how long it took Ping to develop the mentality that people should pay to play. I'd also like to know how long it will take for her to discover microtransactions.

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:01 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
But it happened... it happened alot... in every room of the the house... EVERY ROOM!
Dinner at the kitchen table just got a lot awkward.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:16 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 am
All of this, of course, is under the assumption that the old man outside is wanting sex...... :roll:
Yeah, Ping has jumped to some conclusions there. And that in turn has Megumi and Ashe assuming the same.
Snake wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 am
I'd like to know how long it took Ping to develop the mentality that people should pay to play. I'd also like to know how long it will take for her to discover microtransactions.
Well, I think she learned that from Junko, or from what she thinks Junko is doing. Like Megumi says, Ping needs to value herself a little more, and not just in the sense of what the market will bear.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:29 am

Now I'm imagining Ping jumping up post coitus and shouting "You've leveled up!"

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 am

Snake wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:38 am
Free to play online games like World of Tanks and World of Warships that monetize by selling premium vehicles and advantage packs for a game play edge to the people who do not grind a game. That is my take on it.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 am

Free to play online games like World of Tanks and World of Warships that monetize by selling premium vehicles and advantage packs for a game play edge to the people who do not grind a game. That is my take on it.
I take your WoT and raise you Fortnite. (where for real money you can only ever buy access to more flashy outfits and/or to more exclusive arenas where only paying customers go - but a n00b with no skillz but flashy gear will still be a n00b with no skillz) (not that *I* play that much, but I have a couple of domestic teens, so I'm sorta familiar.)

Let's see, how would we spin that on Ping...?

You can buy her gifts, outfits, bling, she'll love them. She will never think of leaving you even if you don't. But if you don't develop skills to make her _happy_, you won't advance, paid or not. Ha. That would be just.... TOO REAL?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Pay to access premium content, Megumi's grandmother apparently had some prestige content if you wanted to pay for All Access

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
But it happened... it happened alot... in every room of the the house... EVERY ROOM!
TMI about your personal history, TW. :P :lol:
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Ping's opinions need to be judged against the fact that what ever WE consider her to be, SHE considers herself to be an advanced machine for playing games that will be for sale. Who ever Megumi's Mom's Dad is, Pings Dad is the SONY corporation. Judged as a machine prototype her view is pretty normal, for Ping high sales would be good. Megumi is judging her as a human girl. You have to judge peoples success or failure by what THEY wanted to succeed at.

Think of our current US president. His cabinet, when judged as a council of senior advisors has done poorly, but when judged as a jobs program, not so bad. They're gonna run out of republicans pretty soon at this rate. (I hear Washington area McDonalds are having trouble holding on to assistant managers.)

Junko's "date" should just be glad Ping is an EDS unit (Emotional Doll System), rather than from SONY's follow on the program with the VAS units (Violent Action-figure System). I hesitate to think how that robot would judge success in it's attempts to help Junko.

DS

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:09 am

Well, *that* was an interesting take on The Sound Of Logic

Fred and Sarah, all the best with the medical situation… =/
And thanks for the awesome update!

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:52 am

@ Drunkensailor, I agree that one of the issues is that Ping sees herself as an advanced prototype for an EDS accessory a everyone who is unaware of what she really is judges her as a human female. The other point is that Ping has evolved into an sentient machine and it appears that her base programming has also been altered because of this evolution. She wants to learn to be more like a real human girl. If I remember correctly, it was said that she was built as a as Cmdr. Data said "fully functional" human female but she had limiters built into her program to keep her activities PG rated. Now between Largo's hacking and the evolution of her programming these limiters may have been overridden or deleted and now she can do many things her programming would not let her do. She saw that sexual activity is sometimes part of human relationships and saw this situation as a way to add that knowledge and experience to her database. Granted she was quite ham handed on how she handled things, but hopefully things will work out in the end.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:00 am

Oh, by the way, I love the decorations on the chair Ping’s sitting in!

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —