[1542] a promise

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Dang Fool

Re: [1542] a promise

Post by Dang Fool » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:04 am
As to the stockings... in all fairness the part of the stockings that would probably take the most damage and dirt (since she wasn't crawling about on her knees, and these don't look like flimsy nylons) are on the bottoms of the feet, which you can't see, and they do look dirty around the toes.
I agree. If there was damage to the stockings, we wouldn't necessarily see it.

I had to dig because my memory is damaged, but Mugi wore boots when she first arrived with Junpei [1506].
She'd lost them in her floof [1518]. She's been shown without the boots since she jumped out of them. From that point until landing in the river, she'd been tied up and not walking. I'm okay with a short hike to a train station not reducing the stockings to tatters.

Miho has been barefoot since the hospital. She's put a lot more mileage on hers. I think her heart hurts more than her feet.

Gma Ninja appears to have hardy stockings, too. [1515] To be fair, the only example of Ninja footwear I found was [1532] which I think implies their "stockings" are actually Jika-tabi

I performed this "research" because I love re-reading the comics and enjoy discovering details Piro put in.

Dang Fool

Post by Dang Fool » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:35 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:11 pm
piro wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 pm
especially with how dangerous muho can look
What is this new abomination called Muho?!?
:ninja:
Thus the name of the Miho-Mugi ship is born.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:54 pm

Dang Fool wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:35 pm
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
piro wrote:
especially with how dangerous muho can look
That's terrible

You should feel bad for saying that!

BTW somewhere there's a rescript Fred made himself of Mugi coming on the Miho but really Miho's not interested in girls and Mugi is....umm....yeah if she were inclined she'd give it a go probably

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 am
Damnitall...

Whelp... Miho is just about to eat Yaku's brain like a Mindflayer in that last frame.
Mmmmm. Twintails Kitsune brain. So yummmy...
Just call me prissywings

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:35 pm

S1arburst wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm
It needs garlic butter and salt to help it...

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:35 pm
S1arburst wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm
It needs garlic butter and salt to help it...
that's just creepy

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:54 pm
Dang Fool wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:35 pm
Teddy-Werebear wrote:

That's terrible

You should feel bad for saying that!

BTW somewhere there's a rescript Fred made himself of Mugi coming on the Miho but really Miho's not interested in girls and Mugi is....umm....yeah if she were inclined she'd give it a go probably
I think it was on (of) the last twitch stream(s)?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Geeze, Muho has not even shown up in the comic yet and Teddy-Werebear's already assumed they're an abomination.

And here I'd been sad so many years that Miho wasn't getting an objective deal. :cry:

I will agree though that Miho is about as likely to "eat Yakugashi's brains" as Muho is.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cryum

Post by cryum » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:16 am

paarfi wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:08 am

So Miho is going to try to live. Piro has given her a reason to want to. Moeko has yelled at her to. Yaku has made her promise. The pacemaker made it possible, but she had to commit to it, and I think she has now.

One more. I think the person at the end of 1541 wasn't yaku. I think it was Mugi, from a past experience begging her not to die. And when she saw Yaku doing the exact same thing, it finally, FINALLY clicked.

Piro gave her a reason. Mugi begged her to. Moeko demanded it. Yaku made her promise.

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:45 am

cryum wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:16 am
One more. I think the person at the end of 1541 wasn't yaku. I think it was Mugi
Wow, I had not noticed at all that the girl in that panel is wearing a completely different dress from what Yakugashi is wearing. Thanks for pointing that out.

Whether this is young Mugi, or just Miho coming out of unconsciousness and seeing a blurry transition between dream-Moeko and actual-Yaku (in 1542), I'm not completely sure. (Young Mugi wearing exactly the same dress as Moeko would be a bit of a coincidence, as would water dripping from her ears; but if she started young at CoE then gothy clothes wouldn't be too extraordinary.)

But either way, the claim that Mugi at some point or other would have "begged [Miho] to [not die]" seems almost a complete certainty to me. Especially the first time before she became (like Kenji and the other CoE staff) resigned to its inevitability.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Dang Fool wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:34 pm
Mamma Peach wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:04 am
As to the stockings... in all fairness the part of the stockings that would probably take the most damage and dirt (since she wasn't crawling about on her knees, and these don't look like flimsy nylons) are on the bottoms of the feet, which you can't see, and they do look dirty around the toes.
I agree. If there was damage to the stockings, we wouldn't necessarily see it.

I had to dig because my memory is damaged, but Mugi wore boots when she first arrived with Junpei [1506].
She'd lost them in her floof [1518]. She's been shown without the boots since she jumped out of them. From that point until landing in the river, she'd been tied up and not walking. I'm okay with a short hike to a train station not reducing the stockings to tatters.

[...]
It goes deeper now I had a look at it : in 1516 Yaku (that's the little fox's name, Mugi's daughter) already doesn't have her boots on.
She had them on in 1506. As she mounted Junpei's shoulders. But in 1515 she's in 'above knee frame' and we can't see them.
1516, she walks in without shoes. I think the super-fast ninja move would be to remove them upon her entering the house and stack them by the entrance (Junpei? or grandma?) i suppose this being the Japanese custom :) to remove shoes at the threshold.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:46 pm

piro wrote:
you people are so used to me not doing transitions... well, i dont really have much space to do them sadly

they were near a small town where they landed, there was a small train station there. they waited quite a while for a train. yaku had some change and bills in her pocket from when she purchased donuts so they were able to buy a ticket to tokyo each.

yes, no shoes, not comfortable, but what can you do? hardly anyone at the station to tell them they couldnt board, especially with how dangerous muho can look

now quietly riding the long ride home.

does that help?
I didn't think Yaku dragged Muko around town by her shoulders, feet dragging. People would have had to stop them and ask questions lol

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm

piro wrote:
you people are so used to me not doing transitions... well, i dont really have much space to do them sadly

they were near a small town where they landed, there was a small train station there. they waited quite a while for a train. yaku had some change and bills in her pocket from when she purchased donuts so they were able to buy a ticket to tokyo each.

yes, no shoes, not comfortable, but what can you do? hardly anyone at the station to tell them they couldnt board, especially with how dangerous muho can look

now quietly riding the long ride home.

does that help?
Ok... you left out the shinji and rei refrence..or did you?
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Zandra wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm
Personally I was a bit reminded of the final chapter of Love Hina, where Naru dreams she's on a train taking her back to her childhood where the story all began. Yeah, I know, that one was just a dream and this one's (presumably? :lol:) real; and this is an aunt-niece bonding moment not a romantic couple thing. But the lack of passengers and dialogue give it that sort of eerie dreamlike quality.

Back when I was on the old forums there would be three or four pages per chapter where I'd be like "Wow, that is Fred's best yet." With this chapter I've felt like that nearly every page.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:26 am

darrin wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:32 pm
Zandra wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:57 pm
Personally I was a bit reminded of the final chapter of Love Hina, where Naru dreams she's on a train taking her back to her childhood where the story all began. Yeah, I know, that one was just a dream and this one's (presumably? :lol:) real; and this is an aunt-niece bonding moment not a romantic couple thing. But the lack of passengers and dialogue give it that sort of eerie dreamlike quality.

Back when I was on the old forums there would be three or four pages per chapter where I'd be like "Wow, that is Fred's best yet." With this chapter I've felt like that nearly every page.
Hah, I just caught up to NGE ... that's, like heavy...

Just wondering, this theme of 'world of infinite happiness'... with no pain, no suffering and no boundaries ... sure I hope Fred's not about to serve us something like that ;) like, suck everyone's (gamers/characters of Megatokyo) soul into the Internet? geez. But then, there we are... no matter where we go. Ouf... Is this an idea? Who knows.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:53 am
My first reaction was they Jumped to the train. but I stand corrected. So, now what?
Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:27 am

What was this story supposed to be about again? I think I've forgotten. Seems kind of irrelevant.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:07 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:27 am
Seems kind of irrelevant.
The number of times I failed to notice something, or decided it was "probably" not too important, that later turned out to be not just plot-relevant but plot-critical, got large enough that I consciously decided to stop dismissing even small details as "kind of irrelevant".

Not to say that I'm any better at failing to fail to notice things... :/ but I also try to pay more attention to when they're brought up by others around here (where 10 years ago on the old forums I might've thought "eh, that's probably not going to be too relevant").