Ms. Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood Discussion

Ansitionve

Ms. Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood Discussion

Post by Ansitionve » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:56 pm

When human girl Amano Akari is rescued by vampire Sophie Twilight, it's love at first sight. Infatuation quickly turns to cohabitation as Sophie reluctantly welcomes Amano as her new roommate. Despite her vampire status, Sophie never attacks humans, instead ordering blood and anime merchandise online like any ordinary human shopper. Sink your teeth into this modern vampire comedy!

Sareth

Re: Ms. Vampire Who Lives in my Neighborhood Discussion

Post by Sareth » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 am

I may have to give that a look.
Maaaaaaan. Now I need to start winning posts again.

Read my original and fanfiction: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bookah/works

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am

Googled it, found the first 14 chapters. Nothing I would call brilliant but it was kinda cute.

EDIT:
@Yl33 D4 N00b, below: Oh, maybe the OP meant the anime? (I kinda just banged on the first google hit without thinking manga vs anime...) Either way, yeah, kinda didn't see anything I would devote a whole thread to, as opposed to a couple of posts in the "What're you watching" thread. But maybe that's just me.
Last edited by darrin on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:10 pm

darrin wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am
Googled it, found the first 14 chapters. Nothing I would call brilliant but it was kinda cute.
They have an anime of it now. Not really my cuppa.....

Old_Gray_One

Post by Old_Gray_One » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 am

Watched a couple of episodes. Basically a "Cute girls doing cute things, with a "G-rated" yuri theme". Dropped.

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:19 pm

When I first saw this I had a sneaking suspicion it was just spam (OP reads like ad copy, and the poster never came back to actually participate in any discussion). But my first attempt at googling didn't turn anything up, and since I don't see any link in the original post I didn't see what the benefit of the spam would be.

But now I tried again and found this thread at crunchyroll, and the poster's post count is still at 1. So I'm not sure if this actually breaks any rules or anything, but if a passing mod sees this I thought I'd point it out (and apologize for having participated in the thread at all).

EDIT:
Hey thanks paarfi. :D Agree with you 100% (I refrained from just hitting report for the same reasons you give; plagiarism irks me about as much as spam though so I thought I'd at least mention it.)
Last edited by darrin on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Yeah, this was one of the borderline cases. I ban 1 or 2 spam accounts here every day, and after doing it for a while they get mostly easy to spot. Sometimes I'm not so sure, like with this one, and I hate the idea of accidently banning someone legit who might really want to participate here. I want this community to grow. Fortunately, spammers tend to be lazy, busy, and/or in a hurry. They'll create other accounts with the same pattern, and that'll clarify things and I'll bring down the banhammer on them all.

Thanks for checking into it though. If you spot a spammer account or post, the best thing to do is hit the report button. No harm done though.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 pm

I thought it sounded kinda familiar, so I cross-referenced it on MAL. Their description was not really close to the description the OP had, but the OP's is in that same cheesy style. Dunno why someone would waste their time setting up an account, posting, and never coming back, but whatever. No harm, no foul, I guess..... :roll:

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Based on 4 or 5 older accounts I just banhammered, I'm kinda expecting this first post to get edited later with some spam in vietnamese. We'll see.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 pm

DarkMorford has kindly changed a forum setting so posts are no longer editable after 2 hours. That should take care of our sneaky Vietnamese spammer.