[1541] Something to say to you

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

DrunkenSailor

Re: [1541] Something to say to you

Post by DrunkenSailor » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:33 am

We're getting into original MT story line here. In 2000 when MT story was originally written, Fred was playing Kanon. The eroge version. Sweet sad sexy dying girls were all over it. Ayu, (who was leading a full and interesting life while actually in a coma in the hospital) Mai, Mai's friend I always forget the name of, Akiko (after she gets hit by a car), Makoto and of course Shirori. These were Fred's inspirations, not his map.

Moeko would make an excellent Dread Pirate Roberts,.. er replacement Character Analogue for cute sad dying girls.

After about a century of this Miho has a cure for her disease, she doesn't NEED to be dying except to satisfy her story. Moeko, also a genuine sick sad sexy dying girl, doesn't have a cure and has basically just expressed a wish to be like Miho. She could be adventuring for various powerful girls stories before going into her inevitable coma, dying and coming back with her scars healed and her hair long again. Rinse, Repeat. Just like Miho does now. She even comes with a boat load of her own fans to start her off. They only need an amulet of switcheroo-ish-ness or Miemi's friend Cha, or a scroll full of weird instructions for the ceremony to make this happen. Or something. Perhaps they need to go on a quest to find just such an item? A quest would be good.

So would Miho get cured and start ageing normally from her late teens, stay a CA except for the dying characters, or crumble to dust in Piro's arms? Since this has never happen and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a manual, I'm guessing she's not really sure.

Uguu..

DS

ps.. Moeko's story wouldn't need to be exactly like Miho's. Sayuri-san is a good author and could push a love interest and happy hollidays with family into the story etc. And she would have something Miho didn't. Hope. Someday HER disease would be cured by medical science, and she could pass on the mantle to the next dread pirate mho. Assuming Miho doesn't crumble to dust that is.

p.p.s.. Stability probably doesn't WANT Moeko as a Miho replacements. They already have 87 emergent Magical Girl candidates and god knows how many current already emerged ones and three (now four with Yuki) potentially catastrophic grade ones. They may prefer to leave the one in a coma, almost certainly Moeko-chan, in a coma. https://megatokyo.com/strip/1108

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 am

Everything DS said....

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 am
Everything DS said....
I sense i FINALLY got a direct hit on where the story is going and why we will hate freds character in the end. :ph34r:
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Well since these days Largo is as much Fred as Piro is I really think that something said well over a decade ago isn't relevant to the current strip

cryum

Post by cryum » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:39 am

Ping's drivers messed up at around the same time Kimiko pretended to be Miho. I'm thinking they're related.

At present, Ping is "playing" like 10 different routes right now: Piro, Miho, Junko, Largo, etc.

I don't know if Ping is playing Kimiko, if she's trying to be an amalgam of both Kimiko and Miho to play Piro, or whatever the hell, but Kimiko's stunt effectively put her off the radar to Ping's VN senses.

So what happened to Ping is essentially a Null/Incorrect Pointer Exception. She kept trying to view data on Kimiko, got data on Miho, and adjusting variables that weren't supposed to be adjusted caused cascading errors in what she's supposed to look like.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm

But that's not Ping, it's Moeko

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm

cryum wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:39 am
At present, Ping is "playing" like 10 different routes right now: Piro, Miho, Junko, Largo, etc.
My understanding was that the SEVS doesn't "play a route", but provides routes for the owner / player to play. It's true though that she's been shifting from user to user trying to get them to "play" with her, so perhaps the distinction I'm trying to make isn't an important one.
Ping's drivers messed up at around the same time Kimiko pretended to be Miho. I'm thinking they're related.
[...]
So what happened to Ping is essentially a Null/Incorrect Pointer Exception. She kept trying to view data on Kimiko, got data on Miho, and adjusting variables that weren't supposed to be adjusted caused cascading errors in what she's supposed to look like.
I have to admit I've been taking the recent Ping arc a lot more "at face value" than the above. I'm assuming she is indeed primarily interested in Junko atm, that she genuinely wants to help (and thinks she is helping) Junko, and that the data she was trying to view was some kind of "How to do Sex" file from Sony that she was trying to download (via wifi rather than any more "magical" connection).

A lot of that assumption is based more or less on the scene in 261 I mentioned in a recent thread, where Miho says she can't "use" Ping the way she needs to. That is, I'm assuming Fred is keeping some kind of distinction between the magical and the technological. (Ibara's ramblings on the subject in 1239 are in some way suggestive of this but probably more vague than actually helpful.) But it's possible that's an unexamined bias on my part, and that I'm not giving your idea the fair shake it deserves. I'll have to pay closer attention to Ping to see if any hints do crop up of a connection with Kimiko or Miho.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one