[1538] Mad

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1538] Mad

Post by paarfi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:01 pm

Fred has posted the new comic to is Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Re: [1538] Mad

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 pm

At this point I'm wondering if Junpei is going to survive

Olba

Post by Olba » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm

"Junpei-san!"

Seems like Yaku picked up on the name this time around.

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:18 am

Miho yanking Yaku away while Junpei deals with the fam... not sure which one I want to follow next.
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:46 am

Junpei's Pa is a doofus; Pa doesn't realize that half of Junpei's "shield", when at full power, could kick his ass. At least his mother is trying to talk things through, although she probably ain't gonna listen. Wonder if Miho will take Yaku away somewhere safe, then come back to assist Junpei?

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:51 am

Miho popped smoke and ran... typical. At least Yaku gives a fig for Junpei. That scores points with this bear.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:30 am

Looks like Miho caught her breath, possibly with the help of some kitsune magic. The look of Miho's eyes in panels 5 and 7 suggest that she has reached a new level of CA power. also in panel 7, you can see that Miho has a firm grip on one of Yaku's tails (the source of kitsune magic).

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:13 am

Looks like there will be much urban (err oh sorry forest) area destruction coming from fight between Junpei and Dad.

Any thoughts where Miho Is now heading?

Let's speculate...

To The Foxhole, only to see Piro and Kimiko leaving and kissing in the street from the distance with the evening sun in the background...

Yaku runs to the hotel, finds Megumi, Ping finds Mojo looking pale....
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:00 am

I think Grandma will be mad that she has to stop the domestic squabble when she should be torturing children.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 am

I think Junpei is unhappy with his parent's attitude, but I think he's more focusing their attention on him while Miho gets Yaku to safety. That's what his little exchange-of-glances with Miho was all about.

I'll be curious to see how this plays out for Junpei family. Dad appears to have some anger-management issues, with the actual physical threats. Mom appears to be more looking for an explanation. And while I expect Junpei is sad, hurt, and likely at least a little angry over his parents' unwillingness to accept his life choices, I doubt he wants to actually hurt them.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 am

Ninja'd by Paarfi.

Junpei dropped the girls after Miho's look almost certainly to allow her to get Yaku and herself to safety. No one was probably going to get cut here before they left, ... probably. Now with the reason for Junpei to be disobeying (protecting Yaku and Miho) gone, for sure no one is going to get cut and Junpei could even possibly discuss this.

Also, fast as she is Miho couldn't out jump the Ninja's carrying a Yaku. This is probably true of Junpei as well. If he leapt away carrying Yaku (Miho could by this time leap herself away), he would just land amidst the same Ninja he was trying to escape. Miho has gotten Yaku safety. Though her jump will be shorter or slower, Junpei can prevent her from being followed. After that he is free to fight (without Yaku or Miho being hurt), run or talk.

Getting Yaku out of there and unhindering Junpei were the most important things. Sometimes running away is the proper move Bear. What else was she going to do? Help Junpei by killing his family?

DS
Last edited by DrunkenSailor on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am

Junpei still has some respect for his folks. Were it otherwise Dad's crack about using girls as a shield could easily have been countered with, "The way you two using Grandma as shield?". :P

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 am

MoneyMan wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:00 am
I think Grandma will be mad that she has to stop the domestic squabble when she should be torturing children.
Eh, I think she regards these squabbles as a force of nature beyond her control. She wouldn't have been so desperate to keep Yaku fom calling Junpei were it otherwise. And by ninja standards it's not as though she did anything particularly bad to Yaku either. ^_^

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:22 pm

@DS - Junpei's and Miho's eyes met, someone said that somewhere here - Miho is now full banshee mode again, Junpei is now there to stop his parents (the only ones still capable of fighting) from following her (even Enji wants to sit down she's so beat)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Small Pink Mouse wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am
Junpei still has some respect for his folks. Were it otherwise Dad's crack about using girls as a shield could easily have been countered with, "The way you two using Grandma as shield?". :P
I don't think his parents are his biggest reason not to say something like that. We know he fears grandma's sense of humour.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:43 pm

<cut to Mugi's hosptial room>
* Miho jumps in, looks sternly at Yaku *
Stay here.
* Miho jumps out *

<cut to exterior view of foxhole>
* Ninja corpses rise and shamble off towards the forest. *

<Cut to forest glade>
* Miho and Junpei fight back-to-back. Ninja gran looks on *

* Zombie Ninja arrive, joined by others from the ground *

???

eomdal
Location: Northern California: Proud nexus of Unreal America.

Post by eomdal » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:48 pm

cidjen wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:13 am
Looks like there will be much urban (err oh sorry forest) area destruction coming from fight between Junpei and Dad.

Any thoughts where Miho Is now heading?

Let's speculate...

To The Foxhole, only to see Piro and Kimiko leaving and kissing in the street from the distance with the evening sun in the background...

Yaku runs to the hotel, finds Megumi, Ping finds Mojo looking pale....

That would the best bet, story-wise. Thing is, Miho left some beaten-up Ninjas there. They may have recovered and might still be there. She could just beat them up again, but the Ninja family know Yaku will be there. Miho has to consider that they may send reinforcements once Junpei is sorted out.

The Megaamer's apartment might be safer, if Miho is quick enough to get inside without anyone seeing. The horde doesn't seem to consider it t be in her paths anymore, so she would only have to slip Yaku and herself past a lone NPC scout, if that.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:07 pm

eomdal wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:48 pm

The Megaamer's apartment might be safer, if Miho is quick enough to get inside without anyone seeing. The horde doesn't seem to consider it t be in her paths anymore, so she would only have to slip Yaku and herself past a lone NPC scout, if that.
Miho could just drop Yaku at her's and Mugi's home, or Miho could go back to her house in Denen Chofu it probably would not be under surveillance any more.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Yaku is not Miho's responsibility once she's out of immediate danger. Her mother is also the only other member of the fox clan (AFAIK) who Miho knows. That's why I think she will take Yaku to the hospital - both to hand over the kid, and to pass on the information about the feud hotting up.

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm

Ningen wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:02 pm
Yaku is not Miho's responsibility once she's out of immediate danger. Her mother is also the only other member of the fox clan (AFAIK) who Miho knows. That's why I think she will take Yaku to the hospital - both to hand over the kid, and to pass on the information about the feud hotting up.
Actually, Miho knows not just Mugi but it's implied she is at least aware of Megumi.

It's also likely that she knows about the Foxhole.

Miho definitely needs to leave Yaku some place safe. One option is to take her to her mother in the hospital. A second possibility is to take her to her relatives at the Foxhole (this might also match with her desire to talk to Piro.)

A third possibility is to take Yaku to her great-grandmother's shrine - which Miho also likely knows about.

And there is also the possibility of taking Yaku to someone unrelated but strong and trustworthy - the most likely candidate for this is Sonada Meimi.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:45 am

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 am
Getting Yaku out of there and unhindering Junpei were the most important things. Sometimes running away is the proper move Bear. What else was she going to do? Help Junpei by killing his family?
DS
I ascribe no altruism that you always seem to Dieselmech. I doubt she would return to help Junpei under any circumstances.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:01 am

Ah. New comic — I had a busy weekend…

Good on Miho for getting Yaku away — and good on Junpei for responding to Miho’s nudge, for now he can at least show his parents that that low accusation isn’t true at all. He will stand on his own as well.

Junpei (thoughts): Ah, fire back in Miho eyes. She good enough to go. Take Yaku.
(exit Miho and Yaku)
Junpei (out loud): "*What* shield!?"

Well done!!! =)

Thank you, Fred!
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am

Small Pink Mouse wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 am
To me it more strongly brings to mind Worf's "If you were any other man, I would kill you where you stand" from First Contact. 8-)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Sackett wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm
<snip>
great-grandmother's shrine - which Miho also likely knows about.
How?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Ningen wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm
Sackett wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm
<snip>
great-grandmother's shrine - which Miho also likely knows about.
How?
Did not strongly argue with Enji on the merit of the old contract, only on execution ?

(My thoughts just).
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish