Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

MT Store Thread

Post by paarfi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Megatokyo Store FAQ Sticky Thread

Can I buy comics or Fred's artwork?
Fred sells original art and fine art prints though his Megagear store. The original art are one-of-a-kind originals, both of the panels that go into the comics as well as non-comic illustrations. The comic panels are pencil, but the non-comic illustrations are often both in pencil and colored with Copic markers. Fine art prints are prints of these same artwork or of full comics, on fine archival paper and using a high quality printer. The original arts are more expensive than the fine art prints, but they are often worth it.

What about t-shirts and other swag?
T-shirts are available at the Teespring - Megagear store. Fred plans to make MegaTokyo t-shirts and other swag available through other 3rd party vendors as well.

How do I get hold of Fred regarding my Megagear order?
The best thing to do is to email Fred directly -- fredrin at gmail.com. If you have trouble getting ahold of him, please PM paarfi.

[edit] added link to the Teespring store
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: MT Store Thread

Post by paarfi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:06 pm

A few people have asked me to start a new store thread, so here it is.

Fred is waaay behind on shipping. Y'all have been very patient, and he really appreciates it. He's going to ship some stuff tomorrow and work toward getting caught up.

If you want to ask about a specific order, please email Fred at the email above.

He just placed the order for the Miho blankets the other day, so it'll be about a month before they arrive at his place. Then he'll have to ship them all out to those who ordered.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Fred just put the pencil version of the Server drawing "She's Tired" with Yumemi and Akiko up on the Megagear store

And a reminder that there is still a nice SavePoint color original, as well as a lot of original comic panels available too:
ImageImageImage

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:16 am

Fred just put the pencil and color versions of the Junpei and Yakugashi drawing up in the Megagear store.
ImageImage

He also put up a bunch of new original comic panels from the most recent comics, including these:
ImageImageImageImageImage

And a reminder that the colored version of Save Point - a Hateful Scenario is still available:

Fred has been behind with shipping orders lately, but he's trying to catch up. He has a bunch of orders boxed up and ready to go to the post office on monday. That's not all of them, but it's a good start and he's working to try to get caught up. Sorry for the delay, and thank you very much to everyone who supports Fred and Megatokyo this way.

Sareth

Post by Sareth » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Dammit. I really wish I had the funds for the Save Point piece. You're so cruel, Paarfi, reminding me that it is available but out of reach. XD
Maaaaaaan. Now I need to start winning posts again.

Read my original and fanfiction: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bookah/works

Ray Kremer
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Ray Kremer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:52 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:16 am
Fred has been behind with shipping orders lately, but he's trying to catch up.
"Lately"

:P :P :P

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:04 am

Fred says that he's going to focus on shipping stuff from the store over the next week or so. Apologies to everyone who is still waiting of their stuff. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 am

A couple of updates on the megagear store...

- Fred is still working on the shipping backlog, but he hopes to be mostly caught up the next week or two. He's going to put a big push on it this week.

- Fred has still not placed the order for the Miho blankets, but hopes to do so soon. He's been trying, but money has been really tight this year. He almost has enough put together to put the order in now.

- I have had a few people PM me that they've tried to contact Fred about their order and haven't heard back. One person said they had emailed him 4 times, but Fred appears to have only got 1 of those. I'm not sure what is going on there, but if you email him, please use his fredrin@gmail.com address. I suspect some of the other addresses (even ones listed on the store site) may no longer be working right. And if you aren't hearing back, please PM me and I will poke him for you. He's not deliberately ignoring you.

Sorry about this. The store has been a more of a problem than usual lately, but he's trying to get caught back up. And going forward, he still plans to outsource most of this so it should be much more reliable in the future.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Indeed. Why the bleep is Fred still running the store himself?

Surely after the kickstarter there is enough in the kitty to pay one or more people to take care of all the non-creative stuff so that he can focus on what only he can do?

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

Ningen wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:38 pm
Indeed. Why the bleep is Fred still running the store himself?
Well, outsourcing more of that is the idea. Unfortunately, getting all that set up takes more time than you'd think, and Fred is always short on time. He'll get there.

He's still working on getting caught up with the massive shipping backlog. I just asked him how it was going and he said: "more to do today, getting there". It'll be nice to finally have that all cleared up.

Ray Kremer
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Ray Kremer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am

Fred's not really organized enough to handle the workload of a typical person, and he's burdened himself with the workload of multiple people. And that's before a myriad of constant family medical issues is factored in. Outcome is, lots of stuff goes undone. I think he's paved the road to hell and back a couple of times now.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:24 am

So does that include shipping for the Miho MkII blankets? I don't like to nag but I think it's been a while since they were ordered ...
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

Xana12

Post by Xana12 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:17 am

We don't even get the blankets and things we've ordered. He's acting like a child. Put the comic on hold for just a few weeks and SEND PEOPLE THE THINGS THEY BOUGHT! Kids manage businesses better than Fred. How long has he been doing this? You'd think he'd have learn what he can and can't do at this damn point

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 am

Xana12: I understand you are angry. But please try keep it more civil on these forums.

tsubasa

Post by tsubasa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Hello,
I noticed that the Megatokyo's store URL has changed from www.megagear.com to www.megagearstore.com.
Paarfi, could you fix the sticky post on this thread so that it points the new URL?
---
tsubasa

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:44 am

tsubasa wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm
Hello,
I noticed that the Megatokyo's store URL has changed from www.megagear.com to www.megagearstore.com.
Paarfi, could you fix the sticky post on this thread so that it points the new URL?
Done. Thanks for pointing that out.

For those who have not noticed, Fred has moved the store to https://www.megagearstore.com/. It's still just Original Arts and Prints for now, and he just put some new original arts up for sale the other day.

Fred is still working through the shipping backlog. Again, sorry this is taking so long. I think there's a plan now that will overcome one of the main bottlenecks, so hopefully things will start moving more quickly there. Once he gets the shipping backlog cleared out (including the long-delayed Miho blankets), he intends to set up stores at some 3rd party sites to again offer t-shirts and other swag.

Thank you all for your support of Fred and Megatokyo, and for your continued patience.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue May 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Fred has some t-shirts available now at his new Teespring - Megagear store. Mostly old favorites for now, but he's working on adding more, including some new designs. He is planning more of these outsourced stores, so there will be more options to choose from going forward.

Fred is still working on the existing shipping backlog, including the long delayed Miho blankets. Thank you all very much for your patience with this.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri May 04, 2018 8:59 am

Fred added a new Yuru Camp inspired t-shirt design to his new store at Teespring - Megagear. He also added some more of the classic MT t-shirt designs.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed May 30, 2018 10:17 am

Fred discusses the store(s) in his Rant from last night. Store-related part copied below.
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1526#rant1099
My second goal was to catch up with the outstanding MegaGear orders and get fully caught up with the store. I had hoped to have everything caught up by April, but was totally unable to do so. Right now, i have engaged some of my friends to work with me starting this week to help get caught up. The biggest backlog is the pre-orders for the Miho blankets, which I am going ahead with getting ordered and under production so I can mail them out towards the end of next month. I apologize for the long delay in getting these taken care of, but I will keep you updated on the progress of these and other outstanding orders as I work to get through them. Once you get behind on these things, it's very difficult to catch up, which is one of the reasons I am getting some help AND why I decided to move some of my products like t-shirts to third party vendors. It's been years since I've been able to offer Megatokyo shirts mostly because I just could not manage to organize and stock the merchandise I would need to in order to do so. By offering old (and new) designs through the Megatokyo Teespring store, we not only have shirts again, but production and fufillment are outsourced and won't be effected by my own delays and other issues. Thank you for your patience and support, with some effort I should be able to get things caught up and cross this item off of my todo list for 2018.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:24 am

Fred has added the new ph34r t3h cu73 on35 t-shirt to the Teespring - MegaGear store.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 pm

An update on the long-delayed Miho blankets. The blanket manufacturer got hit by Hurricane Florence, and that has delayed things a bit longer. They're now hoping to ship the blankets to Fred in mid or late October.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:04 pm

The long-delayed Miho Blankets have arrived at the Gallagher compound. It will take some time for him to break that down and ship them out to individuals. Youmacon is this weekend, and Fred has been pretty overwhelmed lately. But we're one step closer.

Sorry for the delay.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:25 am

Fred actually got some store shipping work done yesterday. That's the first in quite a while. I'm hoping this is a sign that the family medical problems are easing up some and he'll be able to start making some progress on the large shipping backlog. Thank you for patience. Please email Fred (or PM me) if you want to ask about your particular order.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:55 pm

Fred is back to work on the shipping backlog. He shipped about 20 people's stuff this week and is planning to do more this weekend. He has a long way to go, but things are moving forward again. Thank you all again for your generous patience. Please email Fred (or PM me) if you want to ask about your particular order.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Fred got a couple of orders shipped over the last couple of weeks, but it's still slow going. I'm hoping he'll have time to work on it more this week. Again, sorry to everyone for the long delays. Please PM me if you want to ask about your particular order.