[1525] "This important too"

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Teddy-Werebear

Re: [1525] "This important too"

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 pm

This was an unwanted shift. I wanted more resolution with Pinko vs Stranger Danger, but what evs!

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:47 pm
This was an unwanted shift. I wanted more resolution with Pinko vs Stranger Danger, but what evs!
I think Fred planned this, perceiving that a lot of the fans would need a break from the perceived scuminess of Ping's date. It's something he's done before. Just think of this as a chance for us to spend time thinking about what Mister Danger is really up to.

SpaceCobraJoe

Post by SpaceCobraJoe » Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 am

zircher wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:55 pm
More fox folding...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEy87p7SfgY
Wonderful link. 19 minutes for a single fox; Junpei has been there for quite some time.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon May 21, 2018 6:13 am

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 am
zircher wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:55 pm
More fox folding...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEy87p7SfgY
Wonderful link. 19 minutes for a single fox; Junpei has been there for quite some time.
The way of the Ninja is one of patience, classic supercars, and hair gel. All the hair gel.

Slightly more seriously, it's a good way to keep yourself busy when you're worried. And he's got to be worried. Based on looks, you would think he's got lots of experience dating, but he lives with his family, is a traditionalist, and has carefully avoided being in a serious relationship. Also, he just totally led with his chin there, announcing to a drugged and disoriented woman who just watched her building fall over that he's in love with her. So here he is, falling for a girl who's:
- Not a Ninja (they probably want a say in who you get serious with)
- Not Human (at least somewhat likely to be a problem for some members of the family)
- Not real good at dealing with strangers (Meet the family! Then tell dad to keep his eyes off your chest!)
- Is Kitsune, which is historically a synonym for 'trouble magnet'
- Has a kid (panic inducing for younger guys) who is a tempermental, untrained two-tailed kitsune (just panic inducing)
- Has not had good luck with relationships, and is cynical about the whole thing. She's almost certain to push him away automatically, regardless of her actual feelings.

Good news is, he has her whole attention. The second he talks about his being there as important, she's wholly focused on him - ears swiveled forward, eyes locked on his, and pupils fully dialated. He's got an opening here, but he's got to be careful. Lots of potential for unintended damage and pain here.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am

Roamer wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:00 am

I don't think we have any cases of anyone who doesn't know about the conscience agents seeing them, other than their clients. Can Miho see Seraphim? And how is she going to respond to a stranger in lingerie sitting on the bed while those two are in the shower? I would love to hear that conversation.
Well Erika was recently seeing (and making conversation with) Boo (well relatively recently as of [1337]) and Ping has been seen even playing with Boo (in [1142]) so supposedly the CEA agents can materialize if the conditions are right.

How would Miho react trying to talk to her ? Probably depends on where they meet. Cause they may actually meet outside of the room, so likely Seraphim would be 'standing guard of the bridal chamber'... May not be in lingerie any more tho, more like in full tactical, guard camping the corridor. I can imagine that :)

And anyway, Seraphim is Piro's conscience. And Miho did hurt Piro before, so ... can his conscience forgive her enough to let her talk with him directly? It's a cool question.
As for Miho getting her own agent....assuming that an agent has to be briefed about their client, and should already have a few years experience under their belt before getting their own client, by the time you got done with the briefing on Miho's 200+ year background it would be just about time for you to retire...ok, not really, but you get the point. A conscience agent probably can't do anything for someone who's been around that long. Any changes that are going to be made, have to be at the hands of themselves, or urged by the people they trust.
While it may be helpful that you'd get someone older than you to guide you through rough time, I don't think this is a problem much - a wise specially trained younger person (not unheard of) may just see the thing in a different enough perspective to influence you on your decisions. Old sages don't have monopoly on wisdom.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

I'm pretty sure that any CEA operative who was told that they had to cover Miho would tender their resignation so fast it'd not even be funny. As for Miho, she'd likely kill a CEA operative since she's got more than enough bullshit to deal with in her undying life anyway

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon May 21, 2018 10:58 am

Roamer wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 am
I think Fred planned this, perceiving that a lot of the fans would need a break from the perceived scuminess of Ping's date. It's something he's done before. Just think of this as a chance for us to spend time thinking about what Mister Danger is really up to.
Oh... most of us know what he is about, and it is no good.
It might be less bad with Pinko in past chapters, but she is coming off more sentient if not completely independent. How close to human is Ping? A question that was mostly settled for me is becoming unsettled.
Stranger Danger is taking advantage of an innocent. Whether he knows (thinks) Pinko is synthetic or a human girl matters, but that he knows it is someone else cosplaying as Junko for the date is a sure thing in my mind. So what he plans on doing to Pinko is ultimately what he wants from Junko... a mid teenage girl. Stranger Danger needs a reckoning.

iffy

Post by iffy » Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Roamer wrote:
Can Miho see Seraphim?
The example during the bath house from 1318-1330, I don't think it's clear there if Miho saw her or not. They didn't appear to interact, but then again once the bathing began Piro mostly ignored her as well. Since it's Miho, likely she would know about the CEA and see related things like with everything else. Actions of players, behaviors of the game company people, knowing things happened she wasn't around for, showing up at the 'perfect' moments. A lot like the CEA operatives do. However, at the bath house it seemed a lot like at the love hotel; questionable if it was an actual CEA presence rather than just Piro thinking and arguing internally. Like maybe nobody can see it if it's just inside Piro's noggin. If that's what it was.

That isn't at the forefront though, there's a lot in the way. We don't know if his conscience personified was actually there, or if she was, hadn't left soon after we did. Then, assuming Miho even does get there, Seraphim there or not at all or still, how long that will take for EMY to make their way over, assuming Miho doesn't have the capabilities right now, Enjii isn't capable of ninjaing herself and the other two over there, and there's no special yōkai travel magic Yaku has. Also assuming Junpei stays where he is. We might have this feeling that if Ping went in right now, and somehow got to the lava room (rather than arriving at the main desk looking to ask about answers to questions she doesn't know about asking) all she would find is her friends sleeping. But as far as we know, Ping has no idea where she is or who is there. Which likely requires more people who do. Which is also going to take a while. So by the time everything is said and done, assuming everyone here or planning on arriving her shows up to make it happen, it's going to be a pretty lengthy amount of time. Hours even.

Literally, if Tohya can see Piro's conscience, that might be one of our many unanswered questions that will remain so for the foreseeable future. Figuratively, we all might be seeing what his conscience has determined in the next hour or two. Or maybe that's tomorrow. Although perhaps that's already answered mostly. Among the many things 1513 seems to be telling us is that his 'good' side wants to play with his 'bad' side, but the good is also unsure the bad wants to cooperate. Which of course the two in the past were confrontational, even antagonistic, towards each other.

Sackett wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:52 am
So... is there some meta significance to the title? Does this scene have unseen importance to the plot lines that we have been watching? Or is it commentary on how even though this doesn't have anything to do with "the plot" it's still important?
Having somebody there for Mugi, Junpei being there as much a part of things as the 'ninja stuff' is, and he's telling her he likes her out loud directly, more solidified. These things seem important in some number of ways, plot and otherwise. How important alone or compared to other things is another matter. Maybe Junpei is just making a point here to explain why he's not elsewhere, that nothing particularly compelling and critical is going on otherwise, as well as letting Mugi knows how he feels, and also diffusing the implied leverage Yaku would have.

For this, and a lot of other things, if we tend to shove everything towards the 'growing up sort of thing' side of the tropes and anti-tropes, maybe it all makes more sense. If that's meta or not, who's to say.

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 am
Probably doesn't take experienced folders or ninjas nearly that long to make one, and he's both.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

iffy wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 pm
Roamer wrote:
Can Miho see Seraphim?
The example during the bath house from 1318-1330, I don't think it's clear there if Miho saw her or not. They didn't appear to interact, but then again once the bathing began Piro mostly ignored her as well.
Piro ignored Sera maybe because he had a naked woman, he-thought-he-was-once-close-to sitting next to him ;P but then the conscience's job would be to keep the two apart, he'd get his ass kicked if he didn't keep the distance... he'd risk a 'stern talking to' from is guardian angel.

Also Seraphim was in 'small' mode; we don't really know if she is visible in 'big' mode - [906] finishes too early to say if someone else has seen her. But I'd chance to say, 'visible mode' may be another enhancement that a CEA operative can call upon, and also expensive (or more expensive) as 'big' mode is. Hopefully the 'network guys' don't get time off this time ;J
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon May 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Heh, folding a thousand foxes (instead of a thousand cranes) so the sick person gets better. Cute. :oops:

(Is it still a thousand? No idea what the fox-to-crane exchange rate is these days...)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Tue May 22, 2018 7:46 am

Awwwwww, Mugi’s eyes in the second to last panel… :ph34r:
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm
Piro ignored Sera maybe because he had a naked woman, he-thought-he-was-once-close-to sitting next to him but then the conscience's job would be to keep the two apart, he'd get his ass kicked if he didn't keep the distance... he'd risk a 'stern talking to' from is guardian angel.
Context to think about first, the story we have been given. Whatever that past relationship it was long distance and contentious (they just talked and stuff lol) and fell apart when he got too close to her emotionally (or too close to being devoured by eldritch forces/crazed fans) and then given the boot in an extremely non-diplomatic way. Followed by she Pirogoeth kills him Moh in Endgames as payback. Or instead of that, when first Miho betrays the party in game with Moh, then Piro retaliates against the hack in game using Pirogoeth, and at some time in that process she demolishes his ego online. Whatever the order and reasons. There's also some aspect of a rivalry involving Largo, or at least as a catalyst fit in someplace in whatever scenario and its order.

Then, the three of them apparently consciously forget all about each other entirely. Followed by Miho messing with the brains of Piro and Largo in all sorts of ways for unknown reasons both before and after she knows who they are, or they her, they all play together, others get included. Until eventually for Piro it becomes almost entirely about sad girl in snow. He goes to apologize or forgive and let the past go, gets arrested, and after his release she's showed up yet again, to argue with him but not tell him anything, give him a demonstration that demonstrates nothing... and so it seems of course even wearing nothing he's unmotivated towards any funny business. And apparently neither is she, however much the timeless immortal allegedly loves the emotive artist. Or however much he loves the notion of her from the past. Whatever. So as far as that goes, at the bath house, it's clear most forum goers have their own ideas what they would have done if they were one of the two. And so did the participants, just in quite another way. The least exciting bathing experience ever short of not getting there until it's over. Physicality, intimacy, emotional connection, agreement, friendship -- Piro and Miho were having none of that at all in the slightest. Barely civil, almost hostile, nearly angry. That is our context.

When Seraphim first shows up she doesn't even know if she's needed. And of course it turns out she wasn't. Also note the difference in 1318 where she's concerned about what might happen, versus giving suggestions and discussing nuances in 1512. So, before "big mode" in 898 and being supportive and helpful, it doesn't seem she would have been in the frame of mind to go shower with them earlier than that. Although there's some precedent,such as flashing an opponent to win. (if they're both only aspects of Piro's subconscious, what would that matter, but still) That's one of the things that explains something, according to perception of course, but I think along with their interactions as far back as big mode or before, it says the days are over when his conscience was going to be stern with him. (and we might also note the generally concerned caring way things go when the subject is Kimiko, whatever that tells us)

Anyway, normal mode or big mode or otherwise, if she's only in Piro's brain nobody would see her. Miho might be aware of everything even there, or maybe this is an exception to some usual thing, but whatever is the case, Miho didn't comment on anything that was said by Seraphim. It's always if anyone it's been Boo who's been noticed, but then again he's not a little angel being. Which is probably good, given he has to deal with Largo's issues. People have noticed when the other was out causing mischief (circa 550) although that was a child who saw her playing dead I think the adult didn't see anything, and it wasn't Seraphim anyway.
Also Seraphim was in 'small' mode; we don't really know if she is visible in 'big' mode - [906] finishes too early to say if someone else has seen her.
In big mode, nobody around seemed to have noticed her either. Then again, nobody noticed Ed with shotguns and sniper rifles, stalking people, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything either. All in all, it seems she's an actual conscience, and since she is, no other normal or special can see either her or Asmodeus. Maybe that's not true, but at least there doesn't appear to be a time in comic where we're shown that anyone else sees or hears her, even though a lack of does not establish non existence.

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Tue May 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Of all the manga I have read, all the anime I have watched; that was the most drama free confession I have ever seen.

Stefan R

Post by Stefan R » Tue May 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Now that was a sudden confession.
Now, since I came here straight from today's HarpyGee: "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
That oughta do it.

Old_Gray_One

Post by Old_Gray_One » Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 pm

"<CODE OF LOVE ADD MANY COMPLICATION TO L33T NINJ4 WAY>"
I may be wrong, but that sure sounds like a confession to me.

Calaron

Post by Calaron » Wed May 23, 2018 7:58 pm

It could soon get even more complicated: He might have to choose between a kiss, or keeping his mask on!

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed May 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Given that Mugi is of the Tohya Miho faction and Largo is NOT of the Tohya Miho faction then it may well be that he's going to have to make another decision...that is if he hasn't already....he certainly was not in evidence at Largo's bedside now was he?

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed May 23, 2018 9:05 pm

I think Largo wasn't for lack of "Heavy Weapons Systems" while he was in the hospital..... ;)

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

We're talking about Junpei's allegiance, not Largo's condition.

Junpei seems to have switched sides for the Code of Love

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 am

Largo may switch to the Code of Love, as well.....naaaahhhh.... :roll:

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 am

So far then, in this chapter we had confessions of :

Largo to Erika (through Largo being jealous of the fanboys, Erika's blush says what she understood by that)

Kimiko and Miho to Piro (channeled and amplified by Kimiko)

Junpei to Mugi (just now)

Previous chapter, we had Yuki x Chewtoy, pardon, Yutaka (because, I want to)

So it's confession season.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish