[1524] 13 cm

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

TarsTarkas

Re: [1524] 13 cm

Post by TarsTarkas » Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am

Could 23 cm also be a reference to 5 cm per second, in which the characters pass close by, but do not meet.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am

For those who have been saying "sleazeball", give him credit that his main angle is "are you OK"?

In the unlikely event that he hadn't spotted the switch before, the super strength is a bit of a giveaway. I think he's a tad confused at this point, even if he knows who/what Ping is. This isn't in the script.

EDIT: Encounter with the hyperbole police.
Last edited by Ningen on Mon May 14, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 am

TarsTarkas wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am
Could 23 cm also be a reference to 5 cm per second, in which the characters pass close by, but do not meet.
It's actually a reference to Sukone Tei's song "13 km". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14dbptKj8DA

Fred is a big Tei fan, but I don't expect anybody to get the reference.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 am

Ningen wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am
everybody has been saying "sleazeball"
Seriously? :shock: :roll:

Anyway...

If the gynoid will not come to the Foxhole, the Foxhole must come to the gynoid. :lol:

But this really is going to be a fun conversation...

<second cousin twice removed grandma or whoever she is> I'm sorry dear, I'm just not quite sure what you're asking...

<Ping> Well if I knew what it was called I wouldn't be asking about it now would I???
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 pm

OK, so not everybody, but very few seem to have been protesting much.
Last edited by Ningen on Mon May 14, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon May 14, 2018 12:10 pm

That will be something huge for the embarrassment subroutines to work through...

Though I guess, one does not simply... wander into the control / cctv room of a love hotel...

---

So Ping was so sure about ... that part, that belonged to her only ... that she wanted to use it to protect her friend. Maybe misunderstood which part was the free one? Or some data or code was mangled through all the crying and upset.

haha, great page @fred :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

iffy

Post by iffy » Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Huh..... ....... ... . ..... ....... well

250 meters to I'll Love Pie Until I Die

For Mr. Confused, if he isn't aware of anything, is being picked up and put in a chair equivalent to seeing somebody rip a power pole out of the ground and smash a car with it? If he is aware of something; apparently not expecting that sort of thing.

Now. So. Ping wants info on love.

Maybe there's more naiveté beyond B and C than she is aware of.

Good GPS etc though to let you know something is about 5" behind you. la la la la

First thought is it's almost like events are conspiring to complete a story or demonstration. Maybe really the question is what draws Erika and Largo (Yuki, Yutaka, Ririka, Junpei, Meimi, Masamichi, Mugi, whoever else) here. Although maybe nobody else will be invited by the story to participate in this section.

Things sure have changed a bit recently wot.

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Ningen wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am
In the unlikely event that he hadn't spotted the switch before, the super strength is a bit of a giveaway. I think he's a tad confused at this point, even if he knows who/what Ping is. This isn't in the script.
Ping has learned how to pick up men, yet another skill acquired.

DracMonster

Post by DracMonster » Mon May 14, 2018 2:06 pm

paarfi wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 am
TarsTarkas wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am
It's actually a reference to Sukone Tei's song "13 km". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14dbptKj8DA

Fred is a big Tei fan, but I don't expect anybody to get the reference.
Huh, I thought it was a reference to the hentai visual novel studio?

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Mon May 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Why do I get the feeling we are going to get a repeat of the Cave of evil episode. That room is soon going to look like the stateroom scene in A night at the Opera.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Mon May 14, 2018 3:40 pm

I wonder how Ping will react when that DLC she needs leads to "hentai" mode.

"13 cm", Fred? Can you be any more blatant than that? :P

Chemi: Fred's leading us past the PG-13, I suspect. I might agree with you, but I'm not sure we have any say in this. "NC-17" or "R" might be more appropriate.

(….unless Fred's produced another herring, and I'm no fan of fish. :P)
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 pm

All this after Ping made such a noble statement many moons ago about not getting into hentai as part of the game. That that part was reserved for herself. This may be the human condition, tho: One sometimes has to do bad stuff to find out it's bad.

Even if this is just a setup for the grand comedic confrontation, I hate to see Ping acting this way.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 am

Yeah looks like she wanted to use the bit that belonged to 'herself', so that Junko doesn't have to (possibly misinterpreted Junko's 'he wanted to get together... today ?!' expression, not taking into account that Junko actually WANTED to meet him); but looking for data of what to do to achieve this, she sees she's got nothing; someone programmed her to believe she'd know what to do in such need, but there was nothing (well, DLC or training required... ) damn programmers, first making her 'fat' in ad-hoc mode (maybe needs to purge some cache?), then this...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Wed May 16, 2018 3:54 am

Ningen wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 pm
OK, so not everybody, but very few seem to have been protesting much.
Would it have mattered much?
I take it that everybody out here can read — and understand what they read while at it…

;)

…unless it would be hardly legible, but the forums aren’t — as opposed to some lettering in the comic.
Is that sign of the Fox Hole actually saying they charge their guests separately for staying and for leaving?

:?:
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 am

I can't make out the sign clearly enough to be sure, but most love hotels also function as regular hotels. There are different rates for a "rest" and a "stay".

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 am

Ningen wrote: sleazeball
If by meaning of 'sleazeball' you meant that the Hipster meant to go to Foxhole with what he thinks is Junko, then, no, the 'sleazeball' is the concept that has been around since Fred was drawing it live (and it may or may not be a Fredherring as they say)... I'm sorry I am responsible for spreading this :) but I think, it sorta adds colour to the discussions, even if it turns out to be a tease later.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm

mostlyharmless wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 pm
All this after Ping made such a noble statement many moons ago about not getting into hentai as part of the game. That that part was reserved for herself.
Yeah, but that was when she assumed there was actually something there to reserve, even if she hadn't previously felt a need to check.

Now in the middle of her quest ("what is the deal with Junko?") she has branched onto a sub-quest ("wait, what is the deal with me?"). Will be fun to see how meta (or how deeply nested) she can go. :lol:
cidjen wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 am
damn programmers
Everyone always blames us. :roll: It's Product that gives us the requirements you know, we are just expected to deliver. Sure, if there's something incomplete or inherently contradictory we can push back on that, otherwise, all they're gonna ask is if it'll be done by the end of the sprint and if not, why the fsck not.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Ningen wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:54 am
I can't make out the sign clearly enough to be sure, but most love hotels also function as regular hotels. There are different rates for a "rest" and a "stay".
Yeah, but… the bottom one seems to add "Leave" to the menu! :D
darrin wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm
Will be fun to see how meta (or how deeply nested) she can go. :lol:
Yeah! :lol:

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm

I don’t entirely understand what’s happening here. Ping doesn’t know anything about initiating sex, so she’s about to pop into the Foxhole for...what, advice? To rent a room? She’s trying to literally prostitute herself to earn money for Junko, right? This really is a dark direction for the comic.

Have people come to the conclusion yet that this creepy old guy isn’t Ping’s programmer or a secret shopper or an agent deployed to take her out, or are we still tossing those theories around?

What a convoluted story path this is, fueled entirely by Ping’s cluelessness. How the hell did she come to the conclusion that Junko shouldn’t meet up with someone she clearly wanted to see?

Kudos to Fred for making this so uncomfortable to read; it reflects very well how awkward the situation is.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 pm

So is the rate sign readable to the $10 monthly patreon subscribers? The patreon page shows a "high rez" version for them, but I'm only into this for $5 (yeah, I'm a cheapo).

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 pm

BetaCygnus wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm
Yeah, but… the bottom one seems to add "Leave" to the menu! :D
Perhaps that is supposed to state the checkout time.

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm
I don’t entirely understand what’s happening here. Ping doesn’t know anything about initiating sex, so she’s about to pop into the Foxhole for...what, advice? To rent a room? She’s trying to literally prostitute herself to earn money for Junko, right? This really is a dark direction for the comic.

Have people come to the conclusion yet that this creepy old guy isn’t Ping’s programmer or a secret shopper or an agent deployed to take her out, or are we still tossing those theories around?

What a convoluted story path this is, fueled entirely by Ping’s cluelessness. How the hell did she come to the conclusion that Junko shouldn’t meet up with someone she clearly wanted to see?

Kudos to Fred for making this so uncomfortable to read; it reflects very well how awkward the situation is.
Huh... I was pretty sure that what was going on was that Ping was trying to meet with Junko's creepy "dates" so that Ping could handle breaking up with them.

Having picked up on Junko's comment about wishing sometimes that she could pick up a telephone pole and brain one of her dates with it.

Junko has been so vocal on how much she hates the men she "dates" that the fact Junko seems to think this guy is "different" seems to have escaped Ping's attention.

At least that was how I interpreted it all.

Although now you are making me confused and concerned.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 am

Alright, so I didn’t know how to put the vibes I was getting from this man into words earlier.
I think I have now.

This man really reminds me very strongly of Kobayashi — and not just because he is being dragged around like him.

If he knew anything about Ping, I can’t tell — his world seems a bit shaken at the end of this post — but it occurred to me that he may actually like (…or have genuine, though out of the socially accepted ordinary, feelings for?) Junko *because of who she is*.

Respectfully — and with a pure heart.

=)
Last edited by BetaCygnus on Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceCobraJoe

Post by SpaceCobraJoe » Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Is 13 cm big in Megatokyo?
No, it means that GPS in Megatokyo is accurate to within 6 inches.

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 am

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 am
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:12 pm
Is 13 cm big in Megatokyo?
No, it means that GPS in Megatokyo is accurate to within 6 inches.
Well it is possible that Ping may have access to a military grade GPS transponder.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are