[1520] What I've been feeling

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Rapierman

Re: [1520] What I've been feeling

Post by Rapierman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Yes, Miho, it is what you think it is, whether you like it or not.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:31 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:31 am
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:05 am
Well, Yaku may be a little sensitive to floozies, since her mother is one........
That's kind of harsh. What is your evidence of Mugis flooziness?
I wouldn't say "floozy", but sexually active at a young age, resulting in Yaku.
Inferred by forum consensus, but see [1354], esp last panel.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Aye, no... no...

Or yes, maybe...

(Hoping for a repeat of Kimi One Punch.)

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:56 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:44 am
And what is Ninja Girl's name? Did I miss it?
I call her Nabiki... because she looks like a Nabiki to me! And because Ranma 1/2 got me into anime back in the before time... the long long ago.
Nobody can tell me I am wrong till the comic does!!

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:06 pm

No, it's not fair.
Miho has spent the last century not finding love and not having that choice, and now Kimiko is getting the good stuff and rather literally rubbing Miho's face and other body parts in it. Miho is feeling all the stuff her story kept from her this last century and in a way where Miho knows she can't have it.

But in a real sense it is absolutely fair. The fact that Kimiko is feeling these things while playing Miho means that the route that Kimiko is on was always part of Miho's path, it's just that Miho never made the right choices to get there. And now MIho is getting her faced rubbed in the fact that she just wasn't that good at playing her own game.

Squishalot

Post by Squishalot » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Ningen wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:31 pm
jkhartl wrote:
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Well, Yaku may be a little sensitive to floozies, since her mother is one........
I wouldn't say "floozy", but sexually active at a young age, resulting in Yaku.
Inferred by forum consensus, but see [1354], esp last panel.
Fifteen, to be precise. https://megatokyo.com/strip/1491

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Liminaut wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:06 pm
No, it's not fair.
Miho has spent the last century not finding love and not having that choice, and now Kimiko is getting the good stuff and rather literally rubbing Miho's face and other body parts in it. Miho is feeling all the stuff her story kept from her this last century and in a way where Miho knows she can't have it.

But in a real sense it is absolutely fair. The fact that Kimiko is feeling these things while playing Miho means that the route that Kimiko is on was always part of Miho's path, it's just that Miho never made the right choices to get there. And now MIho is getting her faced rubbed in the fact that she just wasn't that good at playing her own game.
Well when your game calls for you to die....

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 pm
Liminaut wrote:
No, it's not fair.

Not only to die, but die without knowing love! :O
Miho herself said that something felt different this time. Is what is happening to Miho because she is getting to feel Piro's love at last?

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mugi giving birth to Yaku at an early age is well documented, but when Megumi in 1440 said "That's your answer to everything isn't it? Just fling your legs around!" can be construed as Mugi still doing one night stands, though in Megumi's case, it could be the pot calling the kettle black..... ;)

HiChans

Post by HiChans » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:06 am

I first read MegaTokyo on September 4th, 2004. Fourteen years they're STILL dragging out the Ping's crush on Piro.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:40 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 pm
Liminaut wrote:
No, it's not fair.

That's the thing. The game *doesn't* call for Miho to die. The game calls for having an authentic death experience in the game. It took Kimiko to figure out the difference.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:45 am

@cidjen Indeed, but that's hard to do if you're emotionally invested... unless you made bank, to make a really lame pun.

Let's say you watch stock market patterns for fun, and you think that stock NKMI is going to go through the roof. If instead NKMI gets a quick bounce then tanks, you might find that the surprise is even more interesting - then go back and see why it all makes sense in hindsight. But you won't be very happy if you started heavily investing your money (or emotions) in it, and you feel like you personally lost.

If this tortured metaphor makes no sense, my apologies. Like people, eventually metaphors will just tell you whatever they think you want to hear. (^_~)

~
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:56 pm
DrunkenSailor wrote:
I call her Nabiki... because she looks like a Nabiki to me! And because Ranma 1/2 got me into anime back in the before time... the long long ago.
Nobody can tell me I am wrong till the comic does!!
I really hope you're right. If Tendou Nabiki were a ninja, I could see her personality being similar... except that she would have probably already found a way to charge Miho. Maybe she's just biding her time to get a bigger payday from the voice actress. 8-)

~
maldrul wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 pm
Miho herself said that something felt different this time. Is what is happening to Miho because she is getting to feel Piro's love at last?
:shock:

I can't believe you said that with a straight face. Kudos, I think. :lol:

(And I thought late 80s / early 90s songs were bad about substituting "love" for body parts that wouldn't get on the radio... )
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:09 am

(And I thought late 80s / early 90s songs were bad about substituting "love" for body parts that wouldn't get on the radio... )
*Tries to look innocent... and fails. :ph34r: *

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 am

cidjen wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:28 pm
@amareiji but it's half the fun to try to imagine what happens and then see how Fred outdoes our imagination every time...
arimareiji wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:45 am
@cidjen Indeed, but that's hard to do if you're emotionally invested... unless you made bank, to make a really lame pun.
Yeah it's hard to sometimes give up on the theory one has built over the years :) like some guys here :) luckily I'm not here that long ;)

arimareiji wrote:
maldrul wrote:
09 Apr 2018 03:47
Aye that's my point.... it's PIRO's 'love' (edit : and by that, I mean emotions... for reasons that were hammered out here before ;) ) that Miho has been feeling.

Like, 'sowing the seeds of love ?' :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:48 am

HiChans wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:06 am
I first read MegaTokyo on September 4th, 2004. Fourteen years they're STILL dragging out the Ping's crush on Piro.
Welcome back HiChans. Actually, that's Miho in this comic, not Ping. Ping sees Piro more as a friend and sort-of big-brother now.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:08 am

cidjen wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 am
arimareiji wrote:

I was gonna make a post about how modern songs use phrases like "disco stick" but realized that was ten years ago...

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 am

cidjen wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 am
arimareiji wrote:

♪ What is the color of love... is it warm, is it tender when you think of me?

♫ He fills me up, he gives me love, more love than I've ever seen

...and then there's Michael Bolton :?
:ph34r: Relatively recent picture, NSFL (not safe for lunch) :ph34r:
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 am

arimareiji wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 am
[...]

...and then there's Michael Bolton :?
:ph34r: Relatively recent picture, NSFL (not safe for lunch) :ph34r:
O.....oh.... so ... THAT... IS the real Michel Bolton ?!

I always ... always... thought it's this one .... :ph34r:

pulling yer tail ofc ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 am

I wonder if anyone is going to hint to Piro that Miho is ‘feeling’ him.
Would be interesting to watch *his* reaction to that bit of knowledge — if he believes it.

:?

Thanks, Fred, for this update.

By the way, what Miho has been feeling may be misinterpreted by her as well, right?
I mean, she may have been feeling Piro’s unintended physical response to helping a nude Kimiko out with rinsing her hair, while not having actually made (to quote Mugi) ‘dat choice’.

:?:
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:45 am

BetaCygnus wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:22 am
[...]
By the way, what Miho has been feeling may be misinterpreted by her as well, right?
I mean, she may have been feeling Piro’s unintended physical response to helping a nude Kimiko out with rinsing her hair, while not having actually made (to quote Mugi) ‘dat choice’.

:?:
I think this runs 'slightly' ... erm ... deeper ... than this: (pun on 1320:7 intended)

- would actually have to go and revisit that arc, when Miho faints at the arcade, what was Piro's feelings then, just before Miho meets Piro ITF for the first time

- but about the time when Piro is feeling down, Miho faints at the school (more or less. slight mis-timing in reaction)

- after the Beer Garden Disaster, he's feeling down, and Miho has health problems, until the Piro and Kimiko make up in Anna Miller's Lap Pour Accident.

- there is a contra-example - the Anna Miller's Kimiko Train Wreck - he's hurt but Miho doesn't get the stick - because his hurt came from different direction and his combwback is targeted at Kimiko... and oh boy is she getting that backlash back then...

- now the 'I WANT TO LIVE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU' scene at the hospital, is actually Miho's feeling, channeled and amplified by Kimiko the Actress, there is so much of it, that he can't help but leak it out back to the 'transmitter', so Miho 'feels' it too (or he just slightly mistimed turning his transmitter dish away from what he thinks Miho is shouting at him, when he realized it's Kimiko)

- by the timing, what we see here in 1520, appeared to me consistent with PxK making out in the car more like, for a while... But it may be actually the moment when Kimiko jumps on top of him before going to the shower, or as he talks to his conscience. Timing may be slightly fuzzy here, but it's not the exact action that counts, it's the intention and emotion; Some of the shivers before Junpei arrives with Yaku, could be as Piro gets scared of the fanboys or when he meets Megumi on the way.

- it could be that the 'psychic link' if any, somehow works only if either of Piro and Miho think about each other (even subconsciously) while experiencing the feeling ?

But of course, I could be channeling H.L. Mencken here :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:11 am

Judas Freaking Priest on a pony....

Miho is feeling Kimiko because Kimiko is able to channel Miho's character.

By pretending to be Miho she's acting and that's the way Miho's character is used in Miho's stories as well as her games

Kimiko isn't just physically fucking Piro right now, she's mind fucking Miho as well.

Miho is being violated on a very basic level going right down to her lizard brain

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:06 am

cidjen wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 am
O.....oh.... so ... THAT... IS the real Michel Bolton ?!

I always ... always... thought it's this one .... :ph34r:

pulling yer tail ofc ;)
There also used to be a vaguely cute chick of the same name...

(Two can play that game. (^_~))

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:00 pm

DracMonster wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:16 am
Well, I thought the "Miho feels them having sex" theory was too out there, but I stand corrected.
Yeah me too. (Usually when a Bayesian update shifts your probability estimate by 10% or 15% in either direction, that's a pretty big deal. To go from <5% to >95% in one comic is leaving me kinda dizzy... :oops:)

EDIT:
Also am I the only one who finds it a bit ridiculous how Google (of all folks) translator is so annoyingly anal about diacritics and such. I was able to cut and paste the phrase from the transcript (great work paarfi :D) to finally see the correct gloss but geeze, you'd think frigging Google would be able to stick in a stupid regexp to filter out the diacritics in something like this. :roll:
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

McTrooper

Post by McTrooper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:15 pm

After reading/ skimming the comments . . .
What if Miho is worried that someone saw Piro and what looked like Miho going into the love hotel? It might make the staged death pointless because fans could catch on and the hotel could be in as much danger as the hospital was.

Edit: I posted in the wrong thread and was apparently wrong too.
Last edited by McTrooper on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iffy

Post by iffy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Curious, no idea of what might happen if she let Kimiko die for her, no inkling Piro (who she clearly knew was there, having gotten him thrown out of the room) would be involved, is just now figuring out she'd been experiencing everything that has been happening today since Kimiko, who has been playing her, and indeed who she told her real story to, took over. Taken over by the girl who helped set up the death scene that wasn't, who would be working with Piro to bring Kotone to life, that should be Miho's rival in the realm of deep-seated ultra-hidden love. Seems rather odd Miho would forget any of that, but maybe very big stories ending has some kind of effect like that even upon the primal cause of them.

So Miho, Analogue, the real thing, powerful story source, Irish Goddess, et al, who has been working to get (Piro) to win like (Largo) did, has been helping Kimiko since Ikebukuro. Miho, who has seemed to express little to no interest in anything except arguing, excels in not saying anything very explanatory, lets people think what they come up with is true, not having engaged, engaging or looking to want to engage in anything physical, knowing more than she should be expected to, unkillable so far apparently, able to gap and shift between realities... Has just now figured out what she'd been working for, has some new physical effect on her she'd never had happen to her before. Hunh.

Clearly not anything she's enjoying, if her reaction is any indication.

DracMonster wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:16 am
Well, I thought the "Miho feels them having sex" theory was too out there, but I stand corrected.
Yeah except her first reaction is to Piro being confused and Kimiko acting as her proclaiming love for him in 1461. Maybe since then Miho has been experiencing them making out in the car, moving into the love hotel, and finishing up washing hair and bathing, and whatever went on in 1513 panels 4 5 6 7. Yet when did Miho move from story source to empath and surrogate for the physicality of Piro and/or Kimiko.

Seems there's more to this.

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Yeah not given, using something shorthand in the meantime, like calling Yangisawa store man, or Yakugashi fox girl, Junpei ninja dude, Piro artist guy, Erika booth babe.

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:23 am
Ninja Grrl has no name yet and likely won’t have one.
Rather clandestine or lazy, certainly she has a name. Sakaeru, Junpei-sister, Ninja Grandmother, May, Gertrude, Utsukushi, or my favorite, Enjii.
Ninja Grrl is a stone killer with a long string of successful assassination assignments in her CV and has the personal option of declining to accept an offer.
If she's mom or grandma maybe, but she gives more an impression she's a kid who's not done anything and sees this as a breakout thing. Or perhaps she gives more an impression she's playing around with Miho about it, regardless of who she is. Depends on what sort of actress she is. Maybe.
Likely she was the one who subcontracted the contract to neutralize Largo to Meimi
That's probably less likely than it having been Miho creating it.

louisxiv wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:48 am
If Miho takes up Yaku’s offer she’s reinjecting herself into the story under someone else’s control. Does she really want to go where Yaku’s story takes her?
Depends on what Miho's plans are, if any. But given the apparent huge shift in 1461, that story is over, this would be a new one?

My guess is that (so far) Yaku is as overall correct as Yuki has been. How correct it turns out, seems more and more likely... that it's whatever it is we think it's like now.

piro wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 am
Actually, its "níl sé cóir" which means 'it's not fair" (the little squiggles matter :P) -
Which is interesting, the same sort of idea Yuki had when she read the chat logs (and looked at the pictures she didn't look at?) Getting pretty heavy on the she's not what she seems thing, all speaking in Gaelic, but how long ago, or was she just the equivalent of some LARPer at some point in her history, ancient or otherwise. Poor Tohya Miho, we knew ye not.

jkhartl wrote:
What Mugi says to Yuki during the car ride, Mugi's argument with Megumi in the hospital, etc.

Liminaut wrote:
No, it's not fair. .... But in a real sense it is absolutely fair. ....
There is that idea that if two people are expecting opposing results, then one wins and one loses, and somebody is happy and somebody is sad. It rather depends on if this here is a win/lose, or if it might be win/win, or even lose/lose. If we tend to believe Miho is never actually quite what she seems, or assume that now is like before, maybe it doesn't really matter to her (when all is said and done) one way or the other, it's just all what it is. On the other hand, if Miho is to be trusted because now is very different than before, that would change it all around a lot. Of course we can only go with what it seems at the time to each of us, and it seems she is pretty unhappy about how this is going on, which should then be a new very uncomfortable alternative to either being the zombie queen she doesn't want to be or to the new fans she can't just replace the old ones with as otaku logic would demand. Whatever else, she seems so far to have one of the oddest ways of showing interest in somebody, if that's what the truth is. But for the time being, she so dislikes what she says she thinks it is she was able to shake all the ninja styling out of her hair.