[1518] Not Happy, But Interesting

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

HakuRyoku

Re: [1518] Not Happy, But Interesting

Post by HakuRyoku » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:33 pm

I don't think Mugi was in denial about Miho loving Piro so much as she didn't believe it was possible for them to be happy given Miho's story. And besides, Mugi didn't tell Yaku that Piro and Kimiko were at the love hotel, Megumi did in 1505 after Ashe told Yaku about Megumi being there.

@Liminaut please no..... that just gives me "School Days" flashbacks.
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Kimiko wins.
Miho loses.
She can go away now, right?
Nabiki can usher her out.
Perhaps a catapult or some sort of giant slingshot...

edit: had to change fight to right...
"YOU GOTTA FIGHT... FOR YOUR RIGHT... TAH PARRRTEH!
Last edited by Teddy-Werebear on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 pm
Kimiko wins.
Miho loses.
She can go away now, fight?
Nabiki can usher her out.
Perhaps a catapult or some sort of giant slingshot...
Maybe Miho will head over to "The Foxhole" and have a talk with Piro.....

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:15 pm
Oh, I think that's clearly where this is going. Should be interesting.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

paarfi wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:22 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:15 pm
Oh, I think that's clearly where this is going. Should be interesting.
Either harem route or Sonoda Masamichi is going to need an emergency budget supplement.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 pm

paarfi wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:54 am
Now I'm starting question the Junpei grandma theory. Surely someone as old as Junpei grandma would have met kitsune before, or at least would have been a little less squeeeee about meeting this one.
Unless she's just been teasing both of them mercilessly, sometimes being not-quite honest in the process... (^_~)

Remember,Junpei told Miho he was mainly scared of bumping into her (not his mom) for this reason.

Do I remember correctly that at some point we've seen her holding a cup of tea in a manner that (in other manga) has been used to evoke meddlesome grandmotherly figures?
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

iffy

Post by iffy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Seems the notion the calm response in 1517:9 signified Yaku already knew somebody else was there is a mistaken notion, as apparently there was nothing but a large delayed reaction, once she realized somebody else was present and talking to her. Which it would be easier (regardless of how phenomenally brilliant the placeholder is) if she got an actual name. But that might spoil the surprise. Unless that's just what they want us to think. Yes though, the ninja girl is acting more and more like not mom or grandma, but then again, war does not make one great. Also unless Miho is somehow infusing the abilities, that seems pretty real, the big squee moment to meet fox girl. Although initially in 1517:9 she seemed not surprised at all for a fox girl to be there. Unless there was more than one delayed reaction. Either way, once again the arrow hits the same number off the board.

Why, apparently Miho likes her fans. Who knew. Another nail in the well-nailed coffin for the otaku logic of getting new ones to solve the problems that aren't caused by that but even if they are it's unchangable in such trivial ways. Good people, the fans of her story (not the fans of her own she's not supposed to have). She's more worried they have to put up with her garbage story. They deserve a better story than the one Miho has, the whole tragic particularly potent and enduring type she's allegedly the source of. So to speak.

Well, Aunt Toyha might be a bit perplexed and horrified at the response itself, a response perhaps crafted to aggressively counter such a suggestion. Yaku trying to counter and nullify Miho's attempt to humor this would-be extra-new-story writer. Somebody's trying to be the alpha around here? Yet perhaps rather than Miho expressing shock at such an utterance about where Piro is in and of itself, it's shock that anyone that doesn't even really know her would think such a thing as her actually being stupidly in love with that boy. Or maybe against most everything she's ever said and done, she was certain Piro wouldn't finally move on, and actually didn't want him to. That he wouldn't win or lose just do nothing. So as to be in the future further available for her to ignore and leave alone or give a difficult time to.

Which either way, regardless of how much one believes either of them were or are in love with the other, or how much one believes it was all instead an entire unconcerned lack of much interest except in some ways at some times. She could be surprised he finally paid attention to something, regardless if she likes what it is. But the fact that something happened, it might appear a rather large thing to not expect. After all, it would require Miho to be just about totally unaware of what Kimiko dying for her could mean, no idea at all that Piro might be providing the soul-crushing mind-numbing task of carrying away the dearly departed, not an inkling portraying her lifeless form might lead to anything from Kimiko. Almost forgetting who she is and what happens revolving around her even when she's not there personally. Seems at least somewhat odd Miho wouldn't be aware of any of the goings on even though she might appear to have no way to know it (that is, her usual way of doing things she couldn't possibly know anything about but apparently knows in intricate detail). Here especially, given Kimiko took over for her at hospital and knowing Piro was there too. Eh, chalk it up to just fairly recently having heart surgery and a pacemaker put in and demolishing a hospital and having a contract ninjas are trying to fulfill. Maybe Miho forgot everything and stopped acting like she always has before.

And so, depending on which perspective is (perspectives are) actually true, if any, she could be shocked a young girl would say such things, dumbfounded there's moves actually being made, destroyed the love of her life has not waited for her, way like totes supah surprised any kind of decision was actually made, or reacting as her current role suggests she would. The problems with the need for analogues like Tohya Miho, especially perhaps in how their demonstrations seem to be turning out?

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:07 pm

People have been observing that Ninja Girl has been acting pretty young for a grandma (Almost as though it were traditional for ninja to RP their role as well as it takes to fool others when in disguise?) but it's worth noting that Miho herself seems to be becoming less and less the angst-driven female Melmoth the Wanderer-type that she was revealed to be and more and more a genki teen girl in love in spite of her own experiences and long life. Perhaps this entire conversation is a sign that her story has already begun it's shift? o_O

It this turns out to be correct I suppose anyone in her position would regard a role in an anime romance comedy, win or lose, to be a definite improvement over what has previously been. ^_^
Last edited by Small Pink Mouse on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Liminaut wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:02 pm
If Yaku genuinely wants everybody happy, there's only one way I see forwards: harem route.

Hmmmm! @_@

1. How many actual animes/mangas have actually ended up that way? o_O

2. How likely is it that a 12 year old girl would write "A Ranma gets all the girls"-type fanfic with Piro in Ranma's role? Wouldn't she be more likely to write a "Miho gets all the boys" fanfic and maybe give her Junpei and Largo as well? O_o

Then again, if my current hunch is correct then the Fanboy Collective Id(tm) has already started it's own editing of Miho's story and the participants may very well have to fight against "the new plot" if they don't like such an outcome. I wonder what happens when storylines fight one another for survival? :geek:

zircher

Post by zircher » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:59 pm

I just wanted to say how happy this story arc is making me. Thank you so much.

Sheharazade

Post by Sheharazade » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Small Pink Mouse wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:29 pm
Liminaut wrote:
If Yaku genuinely wants everybody happy, there's only one way I see forwards: harem route.

Hmmmm! @_@

2. How likely is it that a 12 year old girl would write "A Ranma gets all the girls"-type fanfic with Piro in Ranma's role? Wouldn't she be more likely to write a "Miho gets all the boys" fanfic and maybe give her Junpei and Largo as well? O_o

Then again, if my current hunch is correct then the Fanboy Collective Id(tm) has already started it's own editing of Miho's story and the participants may very well have to fight against "the new plot" if they don't like such an outcome. I wonder what happens when storylines fight one another for survival? :geek:
(/delurk) answer to 1.) Tenchi Muyo for one. And again MaRobuHo,(the one with the protagonist with only 8 Superwishes, he dies and becomes a ghost when he wishes one of the harem to live again on her death) ...

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Yaku is 14, not 12

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Does this end in a fish fight?
I have a Salmon of Doubt...

Olba

Post by Olba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Yaku is 14, not 12
Thirteen, actually. See here

This strip has so many cute Yakugashis... I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Ninjagrrl says.
She did indeed floof. So cute! I hope we get to see her smoothing her tails back down again.
I am hoping we get the holy grail: A foxgirl brushing their tail(s).

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:40 pm

Olba wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:20 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:51 pm
Yaku is 14, not 12
Thirteen, actually. See here

This strip has so many cute Yakugashis... I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Ninjagrrl says.
She did indeed floof. So cute! I hope we get to see her smoothing her tails back down again.
I am hoping we get the holy grail: A foxgirl brushing their tail(s).
I believe that trip up north to visit the family was last year. I'll have to check

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 pm
Does this end in a fish fight?
I have a Salmon of Doubt...
Yes, but what if Fred chimes in with Word of Cod?
Small Pink Mouse wrote:
Liminaut wrote:
Hmmmm! @_@

For some reason, now I've got "Eye of the Tiger" stuck in my head... only it's "Eye of the Foxgirl".

Edit: My first thought would have been to link the band's music video... but just the first minute of it was enough to give me a raging sad-on. (T_T)

I don't want to be an Uguu Mary.
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:14 am

Small Pink Mouse wrote:
Liminaut wrote:

1. A few, enough to be rare but not unheard of. (I count 15 listed on TvTropes). Tenchi Muyo being the most famous and well known.

2. Considering the massive number of actual "Ranma gets all the girls" fanfics out there written by real 13 year old girls, I'd actually say that it's quite likely.

Remember that fanfic writers are something like 80% female.

Mostly what I've tended to see is that girls who enjoy a series that has a harem element (like Ranma, Love Hina, Rosario Vampire, Tenchi Muyo, Nisekoi, Familar of Zero, etc) often have more than one female harem member who they really like. Sure, some have one favorite girl, but quite a few like two or three of the girls - so what are they supposed to do when writing a happy ending? One True Threesome of course!

Take Ranma 1/2 for example, I've noticed that there is a pattern of Ushio being the "additional" girl in this kind of thing. Several writers seem to really like both Shampoo and Ushio, and so write a story in which Ushio gets adopted into the Amazon tribe, and then marries Shampoo and Ranma, and all three go off to be happy together. I think I've read that exact scenario at least a dozen times, each written by a different author.

There is also a common pattern of designating Akane and Ushio as both having legitimate engagements to Ranma (as opposed to Shampoo's claim being invalid under Japanese law), so to have an "honorable" outcome, Ranma just has to marry both of them. (And conveniently this solves the "Akane can't cook" problem.)

This is especially common if there has ever been evidence of friendship or respect between the two women.

So if Yaku picks up on the fact that Kimiko thinks of Miho as a friend, and the Miho kind of likes and respects Kimiko - well, One True Threesome might very well end up in play.

Though I'm sure Piro will have some significant objections to that. Piro doesn't like harem maintenance at all (which is why he was so callous towards Yuki, he's got enough problems with his Betty and Veronica, he doesn't need a Cheryl Blossom to complicate things even more.)

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:29 am

arimareiji wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 pm
Yes, but what if Fred chimes in with Word of Cod?
He might do it, you know... for the halibut.
Last edited by Teddy-Werebear on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:04 am

Liminaut wrote:
Poor Piro, the guy will definitely be in over his head. It kind of makes you wonder if he will get stuck between 2 women fighting for his affection like Tenchi.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:06 pm

:?:
GouryG wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:04 am
Liminaut wrote:
Poor Piro, the guy will definitely be in over his head. It kind of makes you wonder if he will get stuck between 2 women fighting for his affection like Tenchi.
Maybe Kimiko does something to hold Miho off (remember what Largo said about her). Or convince Miho that she can't have Piro just yet.

OTOH, Miho could bring up the Little Polygon Bump topic and send Kimiko running out (still naked)

Somehow I think the 'i did this to you because I loved you' explanation will not run well with either of the other two.

BUT Kimiko knows too, she felt it and spelled it out to Piro.

Will Kimiko fight to have his love for herself? Or will she divert it back to Miho ... And chalk it up as a 'well done role and btw I got laid in the process'...? Just when we thought she is not that kind of actress?

Also a possibility - let me have him for the time he needs to accumulate money to fly back to States, then you can go with him and don't blow it this time...

(Edit right->fight)
(Edit paid to laid wtf is it with the autocorrect of mine...)
Last edited by cidjen on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm

Kimiko wouldn't be a speed bump if Miho came in heavy.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:34 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:12 pm
Kimiko wouldn't be a speed bump if Miho came in heavy.
Physically, maybe.

But Kimi had a view into Miho's feelings, she came close to becoming Miho, as Sera pointed out.

Kimi can outdo Miho emotionally now. She can see the story from an angle that Miho can't.

Kimiko is after all an adult, and an actress. Miho may have centuries of experiences, soul stats and feelings, but on short term emotion handling she's still a teen. Impulsive and relatively shallow, not yet able to see deeper than what's on surface. Even Yuki feels this deeper than Miho does. This I derive from not one particular comic but from overall. Maybe dying resets that aspect every time. The short term impulsive emotional intelligence.

Therefore Miho is vulnerable to a lifetime of handling this aspect, that Kimi has experiences in (and Kimi is not exactly easy to handle on this front, remember the Train Disaster, she's not called Kimizilla for nothing)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:07 am

You're missing a point, Miho and Piro love each other. Whatever is happening between Piro and Kimiko can't trump that

We'll see.....

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am

Correct me if I'm wrong(and someone will, I'm sure), Miho kinda helped the P+K thing along in CH#9, right?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:20 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am
Correct me if I'm wrong(and someone will, I'm sure), Miho kinda helped the P+K thing along in CH#9, right?
Yeah sort of (edit) already some in ch.8 after the Anna Miller's Train Crash.
Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:07 am
You're missing a point, Miho and Piro love each other. Whatever is happening between Piro and Kimiko can't trump that

We'll see.....
Just saying that Kimi may not be just a speed bump...

Unless the idea was to use Kimi as a vessel to make Piro and Miho make up.
Last edited by cidjen on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish