[1515] Reset?

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

iffy

Re: [1515] Reset?

Post by iffy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm

cidjen wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 pm
On the premise, I think, that so far she could not evade her death one way or another, for too long... 'I cannot escape it, I tried'... it happened to her so many times, but she still has the hope, that some day the curse will be removed ?
So she says. Sometimes. So she behaves like. Occasionally. Yet that is not exactly reliable, considering also we have no in-MT representations to examine, and what seems her continuing (if not consistent) existence.
And she'll be allowed to live, and then peacefully die, and then she won't have to come back next time.
Maybe that's happened recently; not allowed to live, horribly dying, being forced to return. I am mostly ambivalent as to the validity of that sequence of events, but tend to lean towards apparently it hasn't exactly happened recently. Part of that reason is the way what she says and does seems to change depending on the situation and who she's interacting with. Who knows, maybe she hates it and is trying to stop it but hasn't been able to. That seems to have not been conveyed as to any certainty, but maybe that's just a failure to comprehend the emotions she's generating here.
For us, the audience, who 'give life' to the character... her character (only?) exists in our imagination - the actress channels the story experience to us, but it is us, the audience, who give the story 'life'.
Indeed, but channeling prowess varies drastically between those doing the portraying. Indications from in-story are that those who are able to add something of themselves can channel something special that perhaps isn't even in the original, something more compelling and emotional. Possibly an addition of that sort stems from some fairly deep automatic knowledge and feeling. Nuances derived via true understanding. Maybe it's in preparation to take over from the original. As far as the audience, there's not much there to act towards if there isn't one to receive the performance. Performances that need some feedback, some synergy, to make work well. Although there are differences between the few producers on the inside carrying things out, and the many consumers mostly observing and internalizing those performances, there sort of needs to be both.

Liminaut wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:06 pm
That's the point, actually. The Story is still there. Does it need an Analogue? If it can't have Miho, who will it take?
If stories (all or some) stem from someplace specific (in a sort of deterministic way, if not a sentient one) then for stories to exist, that thing must also. If stories just are, they'd be there, but perhaps not as entertainingly.

If Analogues are stories, if characters and plots and feelings are somehow created by them, what happens to an in-progress story if the Analogue "goes away" and ceases to be. It might seem that since the story is already there ongoing, it would continue, just perhaps without as much direction or feeling to it. Maybe it's more, like The Horde that just wanders off confused, or like Endgames where reality falls apart.

Does there need to be an Analogue at first or ever, and if they are required, can the one in play be replaced. If Analogues are required always and also can be replaced, who to do so. Interesting question. If we knew what things like Miho were, how they were created or placed, what was true about what they had said and done, we might then be set to better guess at who potentially might substitute. As it is, it could be pondering a substitution that either doesn't need to be done or can't be done.

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Something ‘Vis brought up earlier caught my interest: the creation of an entire genre of ninja movies happened in order to deal with termination orders and similar things? Ninja clans are the Stability Project? Who’s giving them orders and paying them in the first place?

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm
Something ‘Vis brought up earlier caught my interest: the creation of an entire genre of ninja movies happened in order to deal with termination orders and similar things? Ninja clans are the Stability Project? Who’s giving them orders and paying them in the first place?
I think it's more that the Ninjas are one of Stability's options for enforcement subcontractor. Stabiilty already has the police, including Masamichi, for most things. But when it's not right for the cops, they farm it out. We saw that the Ninjas were working on the contract to neutralize Largo, which Junpei refused [639] but Meimi accepted [717]. We've also seen what appear to be independent freelancers like Ultraman, Solid Snek, and others [1458].

I think the key here is that Stability isn't some sort of small-time group manipulating things from the shadows. They are the establishment, with all the structures, money, resources, and long-established options that come with that.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 am

paarfi wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm
cidjen wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:28 pm
side note : do I have to have a login for the old forums to be able to see something else but the stickies there in SD ? I kinda sometimes would like to see the legendary stuff, but the old forum only shows me the 3 top stickies and nothing else...
The posts are filtered by default to only show those that have been active in the last 30 days. Just change the filters at the bottom.
Thanks that worked :)
paarfi wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 pm
I think it's more that the Ninjas are one of Stability's options for enforcement subcontractor. [...]
And the ninja movie genre is a 'product placement' / advertisement of their services ? :)
iffy wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm
If Analogues are stories, if characters and plots and feelings are somehow created by them, what happens to an in-progress story if the Analogue "goes away" and ceases to be. It might seem that since the story is already there ongoing, it would continue, just perhaps without as much direction or feeling to it. Maybe it's more, like The Horde that just wanders off confused, or like Endgames where reality falls apart.
Hmm... by the word of Miho, again, it's more like, if the Fans / Audience don't give Life to the story any more, then the Analogue / Reality Anchor would cease to exist; but that may not actually be 'general case'; remember Miho is a special case : she's Anchoring the Story that (she thinks) consists solely of an ending.
On the other hand, when the Story Teller (Erika) quit, the Analogue (Moeko) fell into a coma : The Story is paused here because of no Retelling taking place. It's not because of there be no fans : there are fans aplenty - but no one is writing it any more, for the Teller to relay it to the Audience. So it's paused. And so is the Anchor.
Now again in Miho's case, there has been no Retelling for a while, the New Story Update is a work in progress, but the Fans are keeping it alive, waiting for the emotions the new Actress (Kimiko) relays to them. And they expect, and want, mostly the Sadness, or so Miho thinks. [edit] But Kimiko, being the 'deeply covering her emotions' type Actress, will play the Character again emphasizing on what She Wants to feel about the Story. It shall be interesting.
iffy wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Indeed, but channeling prowess varies drastically between those doing the portraying.
Nothing new under the Sun isn't it :) this is how the ancient stories were relayed to us, since before we invented written word : word of mouth, story telling 'round the fire' or passing from parents to kids; some details get somewhat added, others get omitted, and the Story isn't the same any more after a few generations of Retellers passed it.
And the invention of written word and moving pictures, however it did make Story Updates more difficult, has not made them Impossible: every Reteller that is not a trained Historian, will add something, emphasize on something else, de-emphasize on something they think is irrelevant.
Somehow more these days, any Reteller with sufficient Audience can convince anyone, that the Story was about something else than the real events (if there were any), or change the overall purpose of the Story to fit their own goals, if they have enough resources to sustain it.
Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:43 pm
*shrug* Look how many are enthralled by Largo and Mugi and Yaku and Yuki and even some by Megumi....not to mention Mami and Asako and Kimiko...though I'm not sure that Kimiko has a fanbase outside the actual strip...
Meh, look no further than Facebook, how many people were waiting for what seems to be following [1513] inter-frame :) also there were some cheers on Reddit either :)

(I am not on FB, I just Googled it - there were huge cheers) (And I would like to count myself to the club of Kimi's 'fans', more than Miho, even though she seems Reformed after Killballz... or even since talking to Kimiko at CoE before Animate)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:47 pm

paarfi wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 pm
Stabiilty already has the police, including Masamichi, for most things. But when it's not right for the cops, they farm it out
That's what I've been assuming too... but is it confirmed yet explicitly in-comic? So far the only use of the term seems to be Mugi's. (Unless Ninjagrrl's in this one counts... I had thought she was just saying "small-s" stability, as in "the stability of blah blah", and then drifting off without saying of what. But I can't rule out now that MegaTokyans typically say "The Stability" (a la The Family, The Organization), and it's Mugi being casual with her speech as usual...)

EDIT:
cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 am
On the other hand, when the Story Teller (Erika) quit, the Analogue (Moeko) fell into a coma : The Story is paused here because of no Retelling taking place. It's not because of there be no fans : there are fans aplenty - but no one is writing it any more, for the Teller to relay it to the Audience. So it's paused. And so is the Anchor.
Except Ririka says that ("the real") Moeko-chan has "<been in a coma since before [Erika] gave her a voice.>" So I'm not convinced the connections are quite as straightforward as that.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:09 pm

It'd be more accurate to think of Stability as "the Machine".

The thing is much bigger than any single component and decisions are made in ways that aren't immediately transparent.

As far as anything being explicitly denied or confirmed...not going to happen and indeed it'd be nearly impossible for any of the characters to confirm that for us. After all, how would they even bring it up? It'd be like stopping the comic to present the Unified Theory of Sparklogens in order to explain away MG's and very likely even if that happened there'd still be the "that doesn't agree with my head fanon so they must be lying" response that is typical to even the most blatant Chekov's Sniper Rifle event

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:32 pm

darrin wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:47 pm

EDIT:
cidjen wrote:
Except Ririka says that ("the real") Moeko-chan has "<been in a coma since before [Erika] gave her a voice.>" So I'm not convinced the connections are quite as straightforward as that.
uh oh you're right :oops:
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm

the creation of an entire genre of ninja movies happened in order to deal with termination orders and similar things?
If that female ninja is correct about the cause/effect of it, maybe some groups are able to create operational mechanisms that fit smoothly into story(ies) by developing their own fiction. Or perhaps they have Analogues of their own.
Ninja clans are the Stability Project?
Stability more like honor or love or sadness. It seems ninja are one of the forces that happen to be on the side of stability. Do things that help make things more stable. Apparently most everyone is. Even Dom/Ed/Ibara seem to (usually) have plans that fit into the fabric. Instability, that might be more a force of nature, the descent into randomness that stems from lacking structure and rules. Such as when Ed is more unstable and decides to destroy city hall without a permit. Or maybe like Erika quitting or Miho not dying, things that appear harmful, unscripted random moves into a generalized entropy. Likely ninja are not immune either, potentially putting bail in an area "stability" seems to have set off limits to ninja, following the request of a foxhuman to not terminate the off-the-rails Analogue, finding out about your prey and leaving suddenly instead of finishing things.
Who’s giving them orders and paying them in the first place?
Shadowy figures, or behind the scene power brokers, or somebody like Dom. A god gone incognito. The trusted member of the party who turns out to be quite otherwise. Who knows, it might track back to Miho. That the real thing is not a creator of story, but the ultimate moderating force against total chaos in the non-fictional realms.

She called off the zombies, why not be the one giving contracts on herself to agents of stability? (not that it's seriously true, but in this crazy place, why couldn't it be)

cidjen wrote:
Hmm... by the word of Miho, again, it's more like, if the Fans / Audience don't give Life to the story any more, then the Analogue / Reality Anchor would cease to exist; but that may not actually be 'general case'; remember Miho is a special case : she's Anchoring the Story that (she thinks) consists solely of an ending.
Another tidbit of pseudo knowledge, from a single-source of uncheckable uncorrectable information. More than that, who has been said to create believable fiction from nothing, that is indistinguishable from fact, that nobody seems immune to. Well I guess if that's all we have, we could just accept it as reality. ;)
On the other hand, when the Story Teller (Erika) quit, the Analogue (Moeko) fell into a coma :
It wasn't clear Moeko was the spark for her characterization but rather a template of sorts, or just a name and personality that got filled with more power or however that works. It's not clear also if all characters and all stories are Analogue-derived, that some stories are derived from other stories, that eventually hit the sort of traceable source of that type (those types) of story. Tracing back to first Magical Girl rather than any one of them. Although that seems to fit, an Analogue (or somewhat so?) that powered a story, got sick, and didn't recover. Although I also got the impression the actual Moeko was already beforehand not like the portrayal, before anyone portrayed her. That rather seemed what Ririka was sort of saying. Either way, that it wasn't necessarily something that happened directly or only because of what Erika did, but maybe Erika made it worse. And I'm also at least partially considering Miho was there to diffuse the rush towards instability caused by the vacuum Erika created. But we might just as well consider Moeko is not recovering because no power from anyone portraying her.
The Story is paused here because of no Retelling taking place. It's not because of there be no fans : there are fans aplenty - but no one is writing it any more, for the Teller to relay it to the Audience. So it's paused. And so is the Anchor.
Seems the stable thing to do would be to have other stories created to give the audience another outlet, there are many stories and characters, even if some number of fans are still involved. As a number were shown to be with Erika, at the riot and the situation around it, some were there for her, others against her, and lots who didn't know who she was at all or had forgotten about her. But there are lots of Magical Girls, and new ones arrive from time to time. Even if some are told to go under the radar and not develop a following... Actually with Yuki, she is an actual MG so would be portrayed by somebody else, but in a different way. The characterizations are more flashy and flamboyant than the reality after all, no matter how good the reality is.
Now again in Miho's case, there has been no Retelling for a while, the New Story Update is a work in progress, but the Fans are keeping it alive, waiting for the emotions the new Actress (Kimiko) relays to them. And they expect, and want, mostly the Sadness, or so Miho thinks.
Except Miho is not a character or a characterization or pretend, she's the real thing. People don't directly play with her, the audience doesn't enter the story with her, and so on. You can't be back here. When an insider meets up with her and looks her up, he doesn't know how to act and sets about doing the undoable.

If she has turned into a character though, perhaps that's the source of all the problems. If she doesn't know how to act, she only knows how to be, then what happens to everyone else when they meet up with the really real actual. Problems. But if that's true, there's only supposed to be representations in fiction, why does she do so much out in MT. More so, why would there be emergency termination orders to deal with something that isn't, leading to the conclusion what's going on now isn't abnormal. Which given how many things are supposed to be true all at once when only one can be, either there's some sort of drastic paradigm understanding flaw someplace (and quantum insanity and a cessation of entropy, where multiple conflicting states exist at once etc) or most everything she says is false. Which of course we are unable to gather enough information to determine which is the one that's true.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:08 am

Stability......suddenly, "The Matrix" pops into my head.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:09 pm
It'd be more accurate to think of Stability...
I am curious as to why people think what they do about "Stability". This doesn't answer that question, but just adds one more to the pile.
As far as anything being explicitly denied or confirmed...not going to happen and indeed it'd be nearly impossible for any of the characters to confirm that for us. After all, how would they even bring it up? It'd be like stopping the comic to present the Unified Theory of Sparklogens in order to explain away MG's
That's trivially falsified by the fact that the only thing known so far about Stability is from Mugi's one comment about it. That certainly didn't stop the comic in any way, the comment went right over Kimiko and Megumi's heads just like most readers' (myself included). Doing the same for the TPCD would similarly take no more than a throwaway line from Masamichi, as cryptic as Fred wants, either taking orders from Stability or claiming that they don't.
and very likely even if that happened there'd still be the "that doesn't agree with my head fanon so they must be lying" response
I have never done that in any context let alone MegaTokyo.

(Okay once, but it had nothing to do with MegaTokyo, and I was ten years old at the time, so give me a frigging break.)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:29 pm

iffy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:56 pm
[...]
cidjen wrote:
Another tidbit of pseudo knowledge, from a single-source of uncheckable uncorrectable information. More than that, who has been said to create believable fiction from nothing, that is indistinguishable from fact, that nobody seems immune to. Well I guess if that's all we have, we could just accept it as reality. ;)
Well this is MT Reality, its Reality does not have to bear resemblance to unMod or any higher layer ;)
On the other hand, when the Story Teller (Erika) quit, the Analogue (Moeko) fell into a coma :
It wasn't clear Moeko was the spark for her characterization but rather a template of sorts, or just a name and personality that got filled with more power or however that works. It's not clear also if all characters and all stories are Analogue-derived, that some stories are derived from other stories, that eventually hit the sort of traceable source of that type (those types) of story. Tracing back to first Magical Girl rather than any one of them. Although that seems to fit, an Analogue (or somewhat so?) that powered a story, got sick, and didn't recover.
Ugh I got this timing 'slightly' wrong, see here ; although here's something I try to cling on still, it doesn't really say WHEN did Moeko fall into coma either - maybe as her story was being developed and written down? or during? or as Erika was negotiating terms of contract ?
Although I also got the impression the actual Moeko was already beforehand not like the portrayal, before anyone portrayed her. That rather seemed what Ririka was sort of saying. Either way, that it wasn't necessarily something that happened directly or only because of what Erika did, but maybe Erika made it worse. And I'm also at least partially considering Miho was there to diffuse the rush towards instability caused by the vacuum Erika created.
That seems to actually slot in ... maybe she was hired to diffuse (by Stability of all things...?) but abused the power she was given (because, remember, she hates the character she's been given to Anchor) - may explain why Masamichi was so cross and inquisitive with her (and the part Yuki retells how Miho saved her from being apprehended for shoplifting).
But we might just as well consider Moeko is not recovering because no power from anyone portraying her.
Yeah, Cool Thought and just look how nicely it slots in ;) it's not an easy fit so it *just* can't be wrong ;)
The Story is paused here because of no Retelling taking place. It's not because of there be no fans : there are fans aplenty - but no one is writing it any more, for the Teller to relay it to the Audience. So it's paused. And so is the Anchor.
Seems the stable thing to do would be to have other stories created to give the audience another outlet, there are many stories and characters, even if some number of fans are still involved. As a number were shown to be with Erika, at the riot and the situation around it, some were there for her, others against her, and lots who didn't know who she was at all or had forgotten about her. But there are lots of Magical Girls, and new ones arrive from time to time. Even if some are told to go under the radar and not develop a following... Actually with Yuki, she is an actual MG so would be portrayed by somebody else, but in a different way. The characterizations are more flashy and flamboyant than the reality after all, no matter how good the reality is.
Now again in Miho's case, there has been no Retelling for a while, the New Story Update is a work in progress, but the Fans are keeping it alive, waiting for the emotions the new Actress (Kimiko) relays to them. And they expect, and want, mostly the Sadness, or so Miho thinks.
Except Miho is not a character or a characterization or pretend, she's the real thing. People don't directly play with her, the audience doesn't enter the story with her, and so on. You can't be back here. When an insider meets up with her and looks her up, he doesn't know how to act and sets about doing the undoable. If she has turned into a character though, perhaps that's the source of all the problems. If she doesn't know how to act, she only knows how to be, then what happens to everyone else when they meet up with the really real actual. Problems.
Again, is it just me, I can see how this seems to slot together pretty nice :)

But if that's true, there's only supposed to be representations in fiction, why does she do so much out in MT. More so, why would there be emergency termination orders to deal with something that isn't, leading to the conclusion what's going on now isn't abnormal.
on condition that s/isn't/is...
Yes, it's abnormal, because she hates to be that character... such level of treatment from the Anchor to the Character, such hate as she is feeling towards it, is bound to not be normal, to people who care about stories (Stability and Fanbase); but that's seems to be about the only other thing she actually does to her character, besides dying. She hates it. But something is forcing her to do it anyway... Stability or Fanbase ?
Which given how many things are supposed to be true all at once when only one can be, either there's some sort of drastic paradigm understanding flaw someplace (and quantum insanity and a cessation of entropy, where multiple conflicting states exist at once etc) or most everything she says is false. Which of course we are unable to gather enough information to determine which is the one that's true.
Who says only one thing can ever be true of all that?

It could be multi dimensional meta here; a lot like love and hate not being the 1 and 0 state on a number line, but more like 1 and -1, with 0 being 'indifference'; there could be 2D states or N-D in this story - we probably don't really know what on what layer is tangential, non-affecting to each other... or even how many layers are there...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

iffy

Post by iffy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Just because something is simple and fits doesn't mean it's the truth, even if nobody can tell the difference, I guess we might say.

If she (herself, just Miho the person, out and about in Tokyo, intruding and interfering and interacting) is not supposed to have fans of her own, doesn't have stories out in the world, isn't an indirect thing that people can't think of or find anywhere, only has representations inside works that people could be registered fans of? There seems to be a lot of crossover. But if dying is supposed to be fully unavoidable, we've already broken one of the laws of physics. Since there appears to be at least one story if not many, with her as character(s) out in MT, such the one where the VA and artist for Sight meet up in the same place with her and according to fate and requirements has the heart attack that much of everything had been building towards all day. Perhaps though the story didn't change, maybe she doesn't have to actually die, she was supposed to get CPR even if she's honestly convinced otherwise. Yet, if such things can't happen or never happen, why an existing emergency termination order. And how many times has this sort of thing happened against the requirements to need such a failsafe. Might as well ask why Masamichi didn't push her in that cop way at the store that day, because he didn't want to, or because he couldn't, or because of any of the infinity of things we might guess at.

Yes though, IF only one thing out of a bunch of complex interlocking mutually exclusive to opposites. Such as must die, will die, can't die, didn't die, won't die, don't want to die, let me die like I'm supposed to, let me live like I want to, please kill me, okay substitute for me. So if only one can be true, there are a limited number of explanations. That seems to boil down to two things. Either something is working in ways we don't know and can't understand, and it's all true regardless that it apparently can't be. Or the only one can be true holds, and so then most of it isn't true. Of course, if it can all be true, then that's fine too. Although if everything is true at once, that's rather odd on at least one level. Or should be fairly so in a single universe and time-space continuum.

Well, sometimes the simplest explanation is correct, and sometimes the most complex isn't complex enough to actually answer much of anything. Some would say something isn't the best explanation, no matter how simple or easy or applicable, if it's not correct. Even if sometimes things are essentially correct overall but quite incorrect in the nuances. If the nuances are important, is probably another question even still.

What would the most simple answer be probably, that might be Miho is magical, godlike, immortal. An Ancient Irish Goddess existing beyond time and space with unlimited power. Or maybe that she's a liar that isn't actually there at all, entirely inside a given observer's mind. Or even that she creates it all and it all defines her in return until there is no difference to discern. However much sense that might make. To outsiders that don't know the mechanisms, insiders who know everything, and everyone who isn't one of those two things. Who are we? What is Miho?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Well there is a saying, each problem has a solution that is a)simple, b) elegant and c) wrong...

But the Analogue to Story through an Actor/Actress relationship is not simple, it is arguably elegant ( perhaps makes sense as such to someone within the Imaginary plane of Megatokyo, like Largo...) and since it slots together with many things that are tangential to Miho and her story, in a nontrivial way, I find it hard to argue that it's wrong :)

And that aspect is still tangential to what Miho herself actually is - through her hate of that character she's forced to be. Here i think we don't actually have enough data to fill the gaps. But the facts of who Miho is, are completely detached and independent from the Story.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am

arimareiji wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Liminaut wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:06 pm

That's the point, actually. The Story is still there. Does it need an Analogue? If it can't have Miho, who will it take?

I really hope Kimiko doesn't have a heart attack mid-coitus.
Wait...this isn't the developmental notes page....
Well, at least no one's figured out yet that when Kimiko wakes up in the notspital years later as the new analog, Piro will have already sought comfort with Miho.

Because what we really need is another Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. :ph34r:
But it would be so totally Talk To Her :O

(apologies for the second post but this just occured to me suddenly...)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:53 am

darrin wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm
BetaCygnus wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:17 pm
That look on Junpei’s face looks more like "I’m sorry!" than like "Oh s**t" — to me.

=)
Really?
Yep. =)
Really.
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 am

I think it looks like a combination of embarrassment and remorse. :>

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:15 pm

cidjen wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:38 am
arimareiji wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:04 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Wait...this isn't the developmental notes page....
Well, at least no one's figured out yet that when Kimiko wakes up in the notspital years later as the new analog, Piro will have already sought comfort with Miho.

Because what we really need is another Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. :ph34r:
But it would be so totally Talk To Her :O

(apologies for the second post but this just occured to me suddenly...)
Sorry I didn't get back to answer either of them until now... small world, I remember the box art vividly. I haven't seen it, but it caught my eye several times when visiting the late Hollywood Video.
(Sadly, the same box art led me away from it. I thought the art suggested the film would be too "artsy-fartsy", as an old expression goes. Today, a better description might be "generated by a member of an artistic Mutual Appreciation Society".)

If I have the chance amidst moving and looking for a new job, I'll try to check it out... although I've unfortunately already spoiled myself by reading Wikipedia.

For the record, I don't especially recommend watching Kimi Nozo. It tells a story that's artistically quite good, with a clinically-accurate portrayal of PTSD... but it left me in a bad place, emotionally stunted, for a few weeks after. And the doctors' request for how to help Haruka (coma-ko) is just as eye-rollingly stupid as the PTSD portrayal is accurate. It'll give you intellectual whiplash. (^_~)
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.