[1505] I will take care of mom

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

BakaJedi
Location: Puget Sound (state of WA, USA [my birth•place - but I grew up as a "Navy Brat" since Oct↔️Dec 1975])

Re: [1505] I will take care of mom

Post by BakaJedi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Liminaut wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 am
Am I the only one that *really* wants to see a page or so of Yaku's manga?
No!

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Bwa ha ha. All the Sawatari ladies want the Junpei today. 8-)

Pretty sure she doesn't just want him to pose for references for her manga. :evil: (And no, Liminaut, you're certainly not the only one... but why am I getting the sneaky suspicion she has more NSFW material in her portfolio than the family suspects... ;))

So the question I guess is whether her ninja request is "take this message to Tohya" or "take me to Tohya". Miho was also looking kinda "tired of people's shit" when last we saw her so it''ll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
paarfi wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am
He made it back when Fred first drew that comic.
paarfi, that's not from a numbered strip is it? Was it a one-shot or some other sketch Fred posted somewhere? Just curious. :)
Last edited by darrin on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 pm

darrin wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 pm
paarfi wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am
He made it back when Fred first drew that comic.
paarfi, that's not from a numbered strip is it? Was it a one-shot or some other sketch Fred posted somewhere? Just curious. :)
It's from comic [1448].
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

iffy

Post by iffy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm

cidjen wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm
Looks like the stage is almost set for a third-party intervention... Because we now have the complicated Miho x Piro x Kimiko situation, a vicious triangle - whatever any of those 3 might do or not do, will affect all 3 of them.
Ah, but Miho is currently at a not necessarily so safe house, under the protection/threat of ninja. Another story has started for her. And Kimiko and Piro are at a love hotel elsewhere. It's not apparently so far currently either vicious or triangular. Which the last time Piro saw Miho, they tossed him out as she was going ballistic, and he didn't seem overly concerned about it. Kimiko, she gave the hugz and wanted to be of assistance for what wasn't quite done yet. Piro saved her for the first half, Kimiko saved her for the second half, everything's been fixed, they've done their best, now it's their time.

While Miho is hiding (or locked away for another different player to trip over) so as to not draw either The Horde or the forces of stability and order, the scenario has changed for her? As perhaps dejected and supposedly powerless to great extent, bemoaning over and over her fate at having to die, and unhappy in the tragedy and sorrow of not dying like she's supposed to. Yet if there's more, Junpei should be clued-in enough to not do what Yuki did. If Yaku, who doesn't know much if anything about Piro (but even if she did, seemingly not even the little detail Mugi knows) were to somehow get Junpei to do something, and it had something to do with Miho for whatever weird reason, how long would it take to go get Miho from somebody who might be even less inclined to let her loose to reimplement shenanigans. If Miho is even capable of such and it was the scenario for it to function.

Then there's the case of the fun-looking room, and hopefully enough time for Piro to get to decide if he is going to not ruin his relationship with Kimiko, or if he will regress etc, and have nothing. Have that null no-win no-lose result Miho was afraid of. And even if Yaku somehow has it in mind for Junpei to go to where Megumi is, Miho currently appears in a different story anyway. But even the idea of Junpei doing something involving Piro and Kimiko is rather odd, they are two people he's had passing involvement with and and has not directly interacted with them since Kimiko started pretending to die.

Everyone magical and otherwise is very fast, but perhaps now is the time nobody is fast enough to mess things up for others again. Unless that's not what is supposed to happen, or if it happens anyway for other reasons. Or at least that's how it's looking so far.

Murren

Post by Murren » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Well... it has been a while.

Greetings, all! It has been a while since I've been here. More than 2 years, I think. Over the past few days, I re-read the whole story from the beginning. After the break in 2015, I had forgotten what was going on in the story, so I decided I wouldn't read any of the new comics until I re-read it from the beginning. Took me 2 years to finally actually do it. As a result, I think it's been at least 2 years since I've been here in Story Discussions. Nice to be here.

I'm enjoying the many new developments in the story.

Also, getting a good share of Komugiko and Yakugashi is always nice, and I am enjoying the new ninja character (Junpei's sister).

On the comic [1505]:

Funny, when I saw Yakugashi summon Junpei, I immediately assumed it was to get him to go "play" with her aunt Megumi to put her in a better mood. :P

But after thinking about it some more, I figured that's most likely not what she summoned Junpei for. I'm guessing she summoned him for something more... tactical.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 am

Welcome back Murren. :)

Fred has been working on the next comic. You can watch him finish it up live on Twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/fredrin
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Sareth

Post by Sareth » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:18 pm

That would be pretty darned funny. Yaku as Best Wingman...
Maaaaaaan. Now I need to start winning posts again.

Read my original and fanfiction: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bookah/works

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:12 pm

paarfi wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 pm
It's from comic [1448].
Thanks paarfi. Huh, I knew Fred did the comics in (relatively) high resolution, but I had not realized it was quite that high. The pic you posted did not look noticeably "blown up" in any way (which is why I wrongly thought that if it was derived from a numbered strip, it was a higher-res redraw of a panel or something).
Last edited by darrin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Initial B

Post by Initial B » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm

kendermouse wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 am
And I honestly don't think Yaku has a dog in the PxK/PxM shipfight... she's got her own worries.
What I'm thinking is - she's not worrying about any of Piro, Miho, or Kimiko. What she want's to ask Junpei is if he has honourable intentions regarding dating her mom. She's probably seen several boyfriends/potential fathers come and go and seems to be the gatekeeper to prevent further hurt and/or disappointment.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Initial B wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm
What I'm thinking is - she's not worrying about any of Piro, Miho, or Kimiko. What she want's to ask Junpei is if he has honourable intentions regarding dating her mom.
I would consider that a quite reasonable guess, except for the fact that she specifically asks about "that Tohya woman" just before the end of the conversation with Aunt Megumi. My impression is that Fred tends not to toss out these kind of conversational bits randomly, and so I'll be very surprised if the name-dropping here turns out to be not relevant to the development of the next few (Yakugashi-related) strips. Exactly what shit of ours Yakugashi is most sick of may still be a mystery, but I'm betting that Tohya Miho is for some reason very high on that list. :ph34r:

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm

It may be the 'She's always doing that to mom' hint... but (excuse me for not knowing exactly how foxpeople think), teens is a pretty difficult time in any humanoids' life (apart from if they are part of the Great Hive Mind meh)... they can hear one thing and understand another... or take adult's antics seriously without knowing what they are doing and what for. So she thinks she knows it all (as teens do) but fails to see something that is obvious for her mum, that would completely change her view if she acknowledged that aspect. More or less ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Oh, how delicate is somebody partially human, who has heard stories about the bad old days of murdering everyone around for greater power for yourself, and hardly seems shaken in the slightest by the conversations between her mother and aunt, or by all the conversations after ninja arrival. You know, everything before and up to when things start getting abnormal. That probably all depends on how logical, clued-in and thoughtful Yaku is; which so far has seemed pretty high up on the scale, perhaps even for the usual high places this type of being has displayed so far that we've seen. Although of course, you never know in Megatokyo who's going to do what next why, or when what they seem to know quite well turns out quite wrong.