[1505] I will take care of mom

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

arimareiji

[1505] I will take care of mom

Post by arimareiji » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am

Channelling paarfi... *bzzzt* *static* *bzzzp* *squeal*
Fred posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere tomorrow. ^_^
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

arimareiji

Re: [1505] I will take care of mom

Post by arimareiji » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:19 am

Sorry for the double-post, but it seemed like a better idea than muddying up the title post...

So, she's just going to keep them there for [unknown] hours? It certainly beats drawing a straight line between them and the hospital, and they have to go home sooner or later. But for them to go home tonight seems... I dunno, about as wise as Kimiko going in to work at Anna Miller's the night after she was on the radio.

Then again, I suppose it would create an entirely new set of problems if she and Piro are both out. Because fans have a right to know their idols' travel plans, you know. XP
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

SpaceCobraJoe

Post by SpaceCobraJoe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 am

"I need to call Yakugashi."
Rather ominous.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 am

Yaku's little ears went straight up! I think she was and wasn't expecting such a very big and in-your-face ninja, quite so fast. She's still adorable though :)
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Yaku has that look of determination that teen girls get whenever they perceive that the adults are all witless so it's up the that girl to "fix" things.

Yaku has twintails and a Ninja on call so she's ahead of most teen girls at this stage of the game

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm

I just had the most hilarious thought.

What if Yaku (being helpful) tells Junpei that Piro and Kimiko are over at the family hotel, so that he can take Miho over there.

I mean... that sort of makes sense. Obviously Kimiko and Piro and Miho are all involved in some kind of crisis so now that the immediate danger is over they ought to get together and talk to figure out what to do next.

Yaku knows the Ninja has stashed Miho some place safe, so, call him and tell him where the other two are (also in a safe location) and have Junpei reconnect them.

Thus Kimiko takes a shower. Piro waits till she's done, and then he goes and takes a shower (to get all that glass out of his back). He comes back out to discover Miho and Kimiko having a nice chat... in a love hotel bedroom. I think Piro's brain might fry.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Ninja knows transportation justu!

Mamma Peach

Post by Mamma Peach » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Actually I was thinking that she perceived Miho and Piro being together as a bad thing, or maybe just Miho as a bad thing... I'm not sure why...

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 pm

You know, Yaku could potentially be the scariest person in MT; all we've seen in her is some combination of sad/pissed off, and once she gets a grip on her powers(and with a ninja at her beck and call), look out! :ph34r:

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 pm
Actually I was thinking that she perceived Miho and Piro being together as a bad thing, or maybe just Miho as a bad thing... I'm not sure why...
...that Tohya woman....

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 pm

I'm sure she thinks of Miho as a bad thing. One of "Mom's obsessions" that resulted in a disaster and her mother in the hospital.

I'm also sure that to Yaku, Piro is in the same category. (Probably has had to endure a few rants from her mother about Pirogoth).

As such, I would say Yaku is more likely to oppose Piro-Kimiko than Piro-Miho.

Though most likely, Yaku finds all the romance shipping to be annoying, and just wants this whole thing resolved as soon as possible so that she doesn't have to deal with it anymore.

Thus getting Miho back together with Piro and Kimiko quickly so they can go do their story whatever thing and she and her mother can finally drop out of the story.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Hmm, tempting...

Kimiko: "I hit her and she almost died :cry: "
Yakugashi: "Again? She's always doing that to mom :| "

[1441].

So Yakugashi seems to have seen it many times before.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Is it me, or does Yaku seem like she is tired of all the shit today?
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 pm

HakuRyoku wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:43 pm
Is it me, or does Yaku seem like she is tired of all the shit today?

all credit to Vis for the pic
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 pm

It would not be a good thing for the world in general if I could yell "NINJA," and one would appear instantly to do my bidding... besides me never having to make my own sandwich or fetch my beer ever again.

iffy

Post by iffy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 pm

The fox-people appear to know most all about Miho, the closest of anyone. Mugi knows Miho cut out, she's only just a bit wrong about Piro not being able to go too (perhaps normally he couldn't and only could because Ping). More importantly perhaps, they appear to be somewhat immune to the powers. (Kenji appears to not be at all, becoming enthralled, but iirc Mugi did not.) Apparently this extends to Yaku, which as was pointed out, dying, heck, she's always doing that to mom. Which aside from not believing to ninja-smitten, Megumi sees through Kimko's ruse (perhaps the awakening did that, or it's just the whole fox-related sort of thing).

Nothing good can come from the constant upheaval to the stories that occur when Miho is around.

Hopefully Junpei is a lot more practical and sensible and of free-will-ish-ness than Yuki was, and doesn't push the story along those ways where it won't resolve and keeps morphing into more. At the least, he's pretty clued in, even if he doesn't know where they're from or why the backup orders are there. In many ways he is at the least somewhat to very mostly immune to the shenannigans.

Right, see, now, Piro should get to decide for himself if he keeps going along with what Kimiko has been telling him, not have the situation (trying to figure out what the heck is going on, or hitting him in the head with a water bowl, or opening the door into a collapse) making decisions for him.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Looks like the stage is almost set for a third-party intervention...
Because we now have the complicated Miho x Piro x Kimiko situation, a vicious triangle - whatever any of those 3 might do or not do, will affect all 3 of them.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 am

Am I the only one that *really* wants to see a page or so of Yaku's manga?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 am

Liminaut wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 am
Am I the only one that *really* wants to see a page or so of Yaku's manga?
Yaku is likely going to take over writing MT

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 am

Haha, she’s into drawing manga too — yay! =D

And of course, Junpei is as quick as he can. And as close.

Thanks, Fred! I had some LOL again while reading this comic! By the way, it seems to me that you are picking up some of Junpei’s speed!

Nice, quick update! =)

Oh, and… @paarfi ? GREAT POSTER!!!
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 pm
Yaku has twintails and a Ninja on call so she's ahead of most teen girls at this stage of the game
This is just a really elaborate play on the "twintails" thing isn't it? Actual twin tails.

(Yes, yes, I'm really slow on the uptake...)
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:14 am

@mistersaxon: You should have seen her great-grandmother https://fredrin.deviantart.com/art/Danc ... -676826284 ...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:19 am

arimareiji wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am
Channelling paarfi... *bzzzt* *static* *bzzzp* *squeal*
Thank you Arima. :)
Sackett wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm
What if Yaku (being helpful) tells Junpei that Piro and Kimiko are over at the family hotel, so that he can take Miho over there.
Does Yaku even know Piro and Kimiko, or about Piro x Miho? If this were Yuki rather than Yaku, I'd agree. But Yaku's only source of info on all this (to this point) has been Mugi, and the only time Mugi heard about the "new story" of PxM-happily-ever-after, she dismissed it out of hand [1356]. If this were Yuki rather than Yaku, I'd totally agree. But I don't know Yaku has the info or inclination for that yet.

Honestly tho, I don't know what Yaku has in mind. Mugi seems fairly safe snoring away in the hospital bed. I'm not sure what Yaku feels she needs Ninja-assistance for. Maybe she wants to go tell Miho off for hurting her mom?
Mamma Peach wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 pm
I don't think she knows about PxM yet, really. But she clearly doesn't approve of Miho.
Sackett wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 pm
I'm sure she thinks of Miho as a bad thing. One of "Mom's obsessions" that resulted in a disaster and her mother in the hospital.
I'm also sure that to Yaku, Piro is in the same category. (Probably has had to endure a few rants from her mother about Pirogoth).
Agreed on the first, not so much on the second. Mugi didn't know that Piro was the person behind Pirogoeth until very recently [1344]. And even then, Mugi tends to say "Pirogoeth" when talking about that issue, rather than "Piro".
BetaCygnus wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 am
Oh, and… @paarfi ? GREAT POSTER!!!
All credit to Vis for that one. He made it back when Fred first drew that comic. It's hilarious.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Olba

Post by Olba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:25 am

Does Yaku even know Piro and Kimiko
As far as we know, Yakugashi doesn't know that Piro exists. Kimiko ran into Yakugashi when the latter was first introduced in [1438]. As for what Sackett said about Junpei bringing Miho, Kimiko and Piro together at The Foxhole, that will not happen, as Kimiko and Piro have been working towards separating the horde away from Miho.

kendermouse

Post by kendermouse » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 am

Yay, another Yaku comic~
(Yaku is the eldest bratling's favorite, because they're so much alike - in fact, sometimes I wonder who told Fred about my kid.)

And I honestly don't think Yaku has a dog in the PxK/PxM shipfight... she's got her own worries.