[1504] It wasn't for me

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

Re: [1504] It wasn't for me

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:00 pm

No, Erika didn't get laid. She's still waiting.

Fred turns tropes on their end. In the case of Erika and Largo sitting on top of the train as it travels cross country the trope of a train entering a tunnel because they are sitting on top covered in road grime. They eventually end up in Fukajima where Erika works at an aid station.

Follow up the trip back in Junpei's Pantera, once more Largo rides on the OUTSIDE

Largo ALWAYS "finishes" on the outside

Geez, so much wishful thinking going on.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Why are you so jealous of Largo?

ReEDIT because the EDIT wrote by Invisigoth was really stupid
Last edited by Teddy-Werebear on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sareth

Post by Sareth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:46 pm

She's getting some?
Maaaaaaan. Now I need to start winning posts again.

Read my original and fanfiction: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bookah/works

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Nope and nope. Largo’s premature ejaculatiln issues were established specifically to preclude the possibility of any consumation.

Why the fuck are you people so determined to see something that isn’t there? Largo is in General a flop and a fraud . One conversation we had compared him to the time Calvin took Hobbes to school to deal with the bully Moe who was convinced that it was all a ruse to catch him in the act of beating Calvin to a pulp so he left. Calvin was convinced that Moe was genuinely terrified of his ferocious tiger Hobbes

It’s funny! It’s suppose to be a joke goddammit! Largo is like Calvin bumbling through life and lucking out or being saved by people he holds contempt for like Piro all the while convinced that he has l33t skilz.

Largo is awesome but he’s a fucking buffoon who is sexually dysfunctional AND dating the hottest girl in the strip

'zilla

Post by 'zilla » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:42 am

DracMonster wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:56 pm
I think people are taking her remark too literally. I'm very doubtful they really are in the habit of threesomes. I'm 90% certain that was just to mess with Piro.

She probably is feeling a little lonely right now, though. If anything, she's probably having thoughts of Junpei.
And yet, for over ten years people have assumed Erika's "If I sleep with you, will you go away?" was serious. What's different?

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 am

Was Piro longing for it, though? He was barely able to confirm that he and Kimiko were dating, and he had his back to the fourth wall when he did so. Whatever Megumi saw in his face evidently convinced her that nothing sexy was going to happen in that hotel room, given her abrupt change in demeanor. Piro must have looked like he wanted to die.

My personal guess is that since the immediate danger is over, Piro’s thoughts will return to Miho. Given that he’s in a love hotel room with a rampaging Kimi-zilla, this ought to be interesting. I really, really hope we get to see what happens sooner than later.

Unfortunately, I sense an imminent scene switch, possibly to Yakugashi and Mugi (oh goody), maybe with an appearance by Junpei reporting back now that his task is complete. I’m usually wrong about this sort of thing, of course, but I’m thrilled to be wrong if it means we get another comic soon! Go, Fred, go!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:14 am

@NinjaDefenestrator: the (previous) day sort of started with him complaining, that he hasn't seen her for a week. And then during the fight upstairs, he splat at Miho, that Kimiko was grilling him about her... there was only some snugging while in front of the fans ('making out in front of them creeps them out' remember?) before. If I was away from my SO this long, of course some longing would be 'in', and as the under-the-blanket scene shows, there definitively is. And it is mutual. Doesn't have to involve 'deeper' scenes though, just talking, snugging and general closeness would be romantic enough for the 2 (also she may have pieces of glass and concrete in her feet, his back could need some cleaning up after being in a close encounter with automotive glass, and they both are covered in dust (him from the school and the hospital, her from hospital and the toner cartridge).

And Kimiko still doesn't know about the 'little polygon bump'. I wonder is this going to surface in this chapter or maybe next one...

Miho now being in the ninja base, can try to pause and think of what she wants to do next. With the interesting colour around Piro x Pirogoeth x M0h x Miho relations as written by @Sareth above (and/or in another thread)
SpoilerShow
(TL;DR: Miho was underage 2 years ago and still is now, back 2 years ago they got so involved that she was sending him her xxx pics already and he was going to visit her, then [my speculation] she realized what it meant if he was caught, and sacrificed their nascent RL relationship. What she did not realize was that Pirogoeth and M0h did get more complicated, before M0h died and her account got perma-banned.) ( I could extend my speculation, that her apparent bitterness at the beginning of comic time, could have been caused by Piro NOT realizing himself what she did realize... boys the age he was then, can be pretty bad at spotting emotions even if they ram their in their faces ... this, or the Piroko police undercover operative playing his character in Megatokyo game, sucks at this game)
- if what Sareth wrote and what I speculated later is true, at least one of the three of Miho, Kimiko or Piro, may end up with permanent damage to their feelings and relations.

So Piro's hesitation to accept the room, could it be that he be realizing what's round the corner?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:28 am

It’s likely that Piro didn’t know Miho was in high school. She was stuck in the hospital by the time they started talking outside the game, and given that she’s over a century old, she probably didn’t communicate much like a typical high schooler.

Interesting thought about Pirogoeth’s child in Endgames. I can’t see that being revisited as a plot point until Piro finally logs back into the game, though, which is probably the last thing on his mind at the moment. Maybe sometime in 2023?

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 am

paarfi wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:26 pm
DracMonster wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:20 pm
I assume those two bottom speech bubbles were grandma over a loudspeaker.
No, that's the sign language that Ashe (the foxgirl) and Megumi are using. Ashe is deaf (per Fred on the Twitch chat).
If this is an "A Silent Voice" ref I am completely 1000% ok with it - both the manga AND the movie were incredibly well done and very powerful.
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

Sareth

Post by Sareth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:41 am

cidjen, I would argue that permanent damage has already occurred. The only question is if they let it heal, or fester.
Maaaaaaan. Now I need to start winning posts again.

Read my original and fanfiction: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bookah/works

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:09 am

@Sareth, yeah, some damage did occur (as you said, Miho was underage, and per MB, he was arranging travel to visit her, so she pwnzd him with a nuclear option, before he could put that into action). Must have been really heart breaking... for her more than for him. Cause you know, she could have brought him down, like other bad players or fools before.
But now that she won't have the medical heart failure any more, she may actually live till legal age. She may have time to heal her soul (if anything, Piro still being oblivious that this is what is and was going on, may actually help her. Also she now actually has more friends than she realized before, that want her to live, may overpower the horde's desire for her to die, again.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:18 am

I realize that I went a bit more optimistic with my speculation here than in [1503]. I input I wish to continue my speculation from more optimistic POV :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 am

cidjen wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:09 am
@Sareth, yeah, some damage did occur (as you said, Miho was underage
I really doubt that Miho pulled the plug on Piro because she was underage. First of all, from her perspective, she is not. She is over 100 years old and has loved before. The authorities are well aware of what she is, not that she pays much attention to them anyway.

I think it far more likely that she did it because things were getting too serious, and she knew that she was going to die again. She didn't want the heartbreak of loving and losing again. When Miho dies, she doesn't just respawn and continue on as before, she starts a new life. It was Yuki's actions that dragged her back after the last death, but that's the exception not the rule. Piro was too much of a muggle for anything like that to happen 2 years ago, even if she thought she wanted to put them through that.
Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:34 pm
Nope and nope. Largo’s premature ejaculatiln issues were established specifically to preclude the possibility of any consumation.
Can we put this topic back in the deep freeze again, please? Vis has very strong opinions on this. I think most of us here disagree with him, but there isn't any other evidence or confirmation in the comic to say for sure on way or another. And, unfortunately, discussion on this topic tends to get a little heated while it goes nowhere. Maybe Fred will show Erika with one of those pregnancy test things and resolve the issue.
NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 am
Was Piro longing for it, though?
Yeah, I gotta think that Piro just has is brain turned off here and is letting other people dictate the action. He loves Miho; Kimiko knows he loves Miho. In spite of the backseat snogging, I expect they will not be getting it on in the hotel room. As Sareth pointed out, Kimiko is also too much of a martyr for that to happen. She's going to push Piro away by helping him more with Miho.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:27 am

paarfi wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 am
cidjen wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:09 am
@Sareth, yeah, some damage did occur (as you said, Miho was underage
I really doubt that Miho pulled the plug on Piro because she was underage. First of all, from her perspective, she is not. She is over 100 years old and has loved before. The authorities are well aware of what she is, not that she pays much attention to them anyway.
Not that it matters to authorities tbh, she could be on record as being always 15 or 16 if they treat her 'respawn' as a new life (as you write below), but she doesn't survive a full year to be counted age+1... To authorities, records is what matters most (smirk). Technicality maybe, but /maybe/ she didn't want Piro to be caught on a technicality...

I think it far more likely that she did it because things were getting too serious, and she knew that she was going to die again. She didn't want the heartbreak of loving and losing again. When Miho dies, she doesn't just respawn and continue on as before, she starts a new life. It was Yuki's actions that dragged her back after the last death, but that's the exception not the rule. Piro was too much of a muggle for anything like that to happen 2 years ago, even if she thought she wanted to put them through that.
Yeah how dense could he possibly be ;) I tell you, Piroko from unMod, she sucks at playing his character in Megatokyo... but is doing OK, playing Pirogoeth through Piro in Endgames - that would be girl playing a boy playing a girl - what a cool explanation ;)
NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:07 am
Was Piro longing for it, though?
Yeah, I gotta think that Piro just has is brain turned off here and is letting other people dictate the action. He loves Miho; Kimiko knows he loves Miho. In spite of the backseat snogging, I expect they will not be getting it on in the hotel room. As Sareth pointed out, Kimiko is also too much of a martyr for that to happen. She's going to push Piro away by helping him more with Miho.
I suppose, not before she gets her reward ;) she's earned it... I think she thinks so.

This, or
SpoilerShow
when the chapter ends, we'll ff to the present day to the world of modern technology, where Miho actually is of age, is a fully immatriculated ninja with additional magical girl skills, now teaching something at the school and being something like a guardian angel for Piro; Piro and Kimiko live their family life with her being much better / successful actress after Sight (not withouth Miho's involvement), and Piro being a lead artist, actually decided to stay in Japan with her... having successfully kept the lid on the Little Polygon Bump, their own kids would now be in school; they hear from someone (Dom's or Ed's respawn or relations, who still have a grievance with Miho?) about the great ancient Endgames, they meet Pirogoeth and LPB there and learn about their fathers' misdemeanors and spill to Kimiko, who then goes nuclear, even though Miho tries to save them again...
Sorry had to unload.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 am
Maybe Fred will show Erika with one of those pregnancy test things and resolve the issue.
Yeah, a knocked up Erika would blow up the MT world, and the forums..... :lol:

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:05 pm

mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 am

If this is an "A Silent Voice" ref I am completely 1000% ok with it - both the manga AND the movie were incredibly well done and very powerful.
Except that the end kinda left me hanging; I'm all in for a sequel, though.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm

I missed who the lady that was sitting down was; an elder of Megumi, perhaps? She referred to her as "dear", and "Megumi-chan".......

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm
I missed who the lady that was sitting down was; an elder of Megumi, perhaps? She referred to her as "dear", and "Megumi-chan".......
That's Megumi's Grandma. The one she called to comp the room.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:28 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:22 pm
That's Megumi's Grandma. The one she called to comp the room.
That's the grandma? Wow, did not get that at all. (She looks young to me so I thought she was just other staff/family/whatever.)

Belated kudos to Teddy Werebear for calling The Foxhole.

That leaves me slightly more confused than before though. This is a non-kitsune grandma, so assuming chemi was right at least that far, this is still presumably Megumi's maternal grandmother? Yet, closely involved with / related to the Sawataris? If that's the case it would look like this maternal grandma and Megumi's paternal grandma (the one from the shrine visit scene, Mugi's maternal grandma; is there any hard evidence Mugi and Megumi are anything other than first cousins?) are... what? Sisters? Cousins?

If Megumi's grandmothers are sisters then Megumi's parents are first cousins. That's considered incestuous in some cultures but perfectly acceptable in others (if you believe wikipedia anyway). If the grandmothers are first (or nth) cousins then her parents are second (or (n+1)th) cousins, with the consanguinity issue decreasing rapidly with increasing n.

A perhaps much simpler explanation is that this is not Megumi's maternal grandmother at all, but a sister or cousin of the shrine visit (paternal?) grandmother that Megumi simply calls "oba-chan" (as opposed to "third-cousin-twice-removed-chan" or whatever).

EDIT:
No, the grandmothers can't be sisters, because then this grandma would be just as much kitsune as shrine-visit grandma. So they would have to be first (or more) cousins (for this grandma to have a Sawatari father, say, unlike shrine-visit grandma). (But I'm still preferring the "simpler" idea that this grandma is not Megumi's maternal grandmother but a more distantly related Sawatari "grandma".)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:47 pm

IIRC grandma is the wife of the Eight Tail Kitsune grandmothers brother. So still in the clan but not directly inheriting the kitsune traits. But my memory may be a bit faulty here

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:47 pm
IIRC grandma is the wife of the Eight Tail Kitsune grandmothers brother. So still in the clan but not directly inheriting the kitsune traits. But my memory may be a bit faulty here
Even if your memory is perfect here, that would answer half the question: the relationship between the two grandmas we've seen so far, but not (explciitly) Megumi's relationship to either.

The above would be (roughly ;)) consistent with either of the two possibilities I was babbling about. If shrine-visit grandma is Megumi's paternal grandmother, and this (maternal) grandma is shrine-visit grandma's sister-in-law, then Megumi's parents are first cousins, and Mugi and Megumi are "first and second cousins" (Mugi's mom and Megumi's dad are both children of shrine-visit grandmom, and Megumi's maternal grandfather and Mugi's maternal grandmother (shrine-visit again) are brother and sister). Or, if shrine-visit grandmom is Megumi's paternal grandmother, but Megumi's maternal grandmother is someone we haven't seen at all, then this "oba-chan" is only related to Megumi by virtue of being shrine-visit grandma's sister-in-law.

In fact there's a third possibility (should have seen this coming given that I've said "assuming shrine-visit grandma is Megumi's paternal grandmother" like seven times now :P): shrine-visit grandma is not Megumi's paternal grandmother at all, and is only related to Megumi by virtue of being the sister of one of Megumi's grandfathers (maternal or paternal, we can no longer use chemi's "foxtail genetics" trick to tell which), the husband of this (love-hotel) grandma. That would make Mugi and Megumi second cousins only, but again, I don't think any hard evidence about their relationship has been given in the comic yet. (Yakugashi calls her "Aunt Megumi" but that would still be appropriate if she were actually "second-cousin-once-removed-Megumi-san".)

I made a Tolkein joke a few threads back but a lot of this is starting to sound like the first chapter of Lord of the Rings (where Sam's dad is droning on in the tavern about the three or four different ways Bilbo and Frodo are related). :lol:

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Piro doesn't love Miho any more than Pirogoeth loves Moh. And Miho is a young school girl the same way Ping is a two month old baby. And the way Erika has been acting and Largo and Erika interacting, for the last two chapters, proves nothing at all. On the other hand, in the fabric of Megatokyo and what we can expect in comic from story comic, all these things are as established and more as they're probably ever going to be. How it turns out, that's another matter.

Miho is the past, everything Kimiko's up to suggests she wants that past jettisoned as much as Piro wants to get rid of and/or atone for it. It remains to be seen how much of Miho's story powers and results Kimiko has absorbed or not, and if Piro is finally going to move down to the real world of what is rather than what he imagines. Will he mess up his chances yet again? Nobody knows that yet. And nobody will until the answers get put into story.

We just keep wondering about Pirogoeth, inside Endgames still, with the child of her and Moh. Of course, just because she had a child in Endgames is no proof anyone did anything to create that child, maybe it's a clone or something. Well except that that's just bits on a disk someplace, allegedly. Although it's also not as clear as it could be that Moh is actually gone forever from things.

That Kimiko and Piro are going to play Endgames sounds like the perfect thing to happen now. Not.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Why the fuck are you people so determined to see something that isn’t there?
Because they're bored and have devious minds. For all you know, I could have already created a 3D CGI of them doing the horizontal bop. You figure out whether or not that's true. I'm not going to tell you anything. :ph34r:
paarfi wrote:Can we put this topic back in the deep freeze again, please?
Only if he promises to keep his mouth shut. You know how kids are: They tease, you react, they turn up the heat. Why encourage them any further? You just give 'em the jollies when you do.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Rapierman wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Because they're bored and have devious minds. For all you know, I could have already created a 3D CGI of them doing the horizontal bop. You figure out whether or not that's true. I'm not going to tell you anything. :ph34r:
paarfi wrote:Can we put this topic back in the deep freeze again, please?
Only if he promises to keep his mouth shut. You know how kids are: They tease, you react, they turn up the heat. Why encourage them any further? You just give 'em the jollies when you do.
Fred requested that I be nice even though it's really funny so I'll be nice now :D

BTW I would totally believe you'd do something like that RM

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Rapierman wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:33 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Because they're bored and have devious minds.
IMHO a more accurate response would be "mu". The first quote above is a poor characterization of people who correctly point out that whatever (never explicitly specified) problem Largo had the first time has never been referred to or hinted at in-comic as recurring. On the contrary, it's the people who insist that Largo's problem is ongoing and permanent that are "determined to see something that isn't there."

Of course, it's possible that some people in the latter set are confusing the argument "there is no in-comic evidence that Largo's problem was not a one-time thing" with the simpler argument "Largo's problem was not a one-time thing." But that's yet another issue that falls in the category of NMFP.

Personally I consider supporting one's claims with actual arguments more important than "niceness". But "Schack ohne Zahn gute" as the Germans say. 8-)

EDIT:
Sareth wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:15 am
So it's only a question of whether or not Kimiko and Piro catch up, or mess up.
As long as I am here, I vote for... BOTH. Both at the same time. ;) :lol: