Question to Moderators: how would new threads commenting on old(er) story comics fit here? (e.g : 1254 rev after 1504)

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

Question to Moderators: how would new threads commenting on old(er) story comics fit here? (e.g : 1254 rev after 1504)

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:45 am

I mean specially named like [1254 revisited after 1504].

Trying to keep on-topic, trying to reconnect the dots knowing what we know now. Specifically for this reason -

That girl, asking Kimiko whether she's not playing Miho any more... It's Komugiko isn't it. So she knows something more about Kimiko and Miho, that neither of them seems to realize (later on we see it in the end of the bathhouse scene where she says about Miho, 'that's not something she can do' as Miho dragged Piro out). Anyone up to connect more dots of what Komugiko actually knows ?

---
I should put the quote
"they are assembling the real me..."
in my sig probably ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Re: Question to Moderators: how would new threads commenting on old(er) story comics fit here? (e.g : 1254 rev after 150

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 am

Closest I can find to the explanation is 1403 and followings. Later on it's being said between lines, that Miho was Kotone. But it doesn't seem to fit all the way. Like what was going on before Kimiko was to act Kotone out. Is the Horde that goes after Miho, composed not just of 'creepy fans' but also of actors or even friends, who did give her character the life before? One actor per life ? Or worse even, one friend per life?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Question to Moderators: how would new threads commenting on old(er) story comics fit here? (e.g : 1254 rev after 150

Post by paarfi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 am

For a broader discussion like this one, it's probably better to start another thread, yes. The actual discussion threads for older comics are still available to read on the old forum, but you can't post to those threads anymore. And after all this time, it'd be better to start a new thread anyway rather than perform necromancy on an old one.

Komugiko (as well as Kenji and others on the CoE staff) appear to be what I call the "High Priests of the Church of Miho". They appear to know that Miho is the Character Analogue for a kind of Tragic Dying Girl story. They know she dies and comes back. They *know* that her story plays out inevitably; that they can't stop it (even if they wanted to) but can only tweak it around the edges. Though I'm hoping Piro and Miho (and Miho's pacemaker) can prove them wrong about that. The CoE functions as a shrine to Miho, which I think is a way for Miho and her fanboy horde to interact on a less dangerous lower level.

Mugi and company are kind of enablers of Miho's Story. They love Miho and they love her tragic story. They help Miho make it a little less awful, but they still get to feel sad when she inevitably dies. The real test is going to be when they find out that it is NOT inevitable that Miho dies. Can they be happy for Miho if it means they lose their tragic story? I'm curious to find out.

Miho's Story gets played out through characters in various media, including through Kotone in Sight, who Kimiko is voicing. So I think that's what Mugi is talking about there. It fits a bit with the discussion Kimiko and Miho had about Kotone at the CoE back in 1035 or so. At least I think that's what she means.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am

Yes Miho only ever talks about the fans giving her life repeatedly...
But what if it's not just fans?
After all fans know a character through the work of the actor, who plays, enacts that character, it is the actor who gives life to the character...
Role of Kimiko seems to be becoming apparent here, if she won't save Miho, there will be no story to tell any more.
If the CoE staff and Komugiko are 'high priests' then ... Piro and Kimiko would be the 'deus ex machina' sent to turn Miho's story around ?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:24 am

Piro has already turned her story around by reviving Miho via CPR and then getting her to the hospital where she had a pacemaker implanted. Kimiko is "channeling" Miho only partially since Miho's story is diverging from what it was prior to Piro's intervention.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Yes that's what I meant - Piro makes sure Miho won't die through her heart disease any more; that diverges the usual story; Kimiko 'channels' some of what she experienced talking with Miho before Piro has shown up himself in the store flat, as well as some of what she sensed while Piro was explaining Pirogoeth x M0h story to her; It would be up to Kimiko to follow up on the 'fresh start' of the story, to channel that to the fans and possibly turn it around completely.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 pm

hmmm, well that would set off a lot of other issues. Which is likely the reason that the Powers That Be were so determined to kill Miho properly

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:09 pm

The parts and pieces are scattered all over the place. Many of them are from what Miho herself has said about them, or from others repeating what she's told them. That they've perceptionally concluded from what they've seen and heard, or from what they think they know about her and her situation. In the case of those who seem they should know the most, they appear to largely be incorrect about what is. Ibara thinks she can be hired or used or controlled, Dom thinks she has no power, Ed thinks he can kill her, people at the Analogue Support Facility are perhaps even unaware her stories are playing out in the real Megatokyo. There are the pictures and videos Junko got Ping to post when Miho disappeared for "nine days" when Ed provided Miho a means to escape to the ASF, Miho's previously "invisible" house becoming a focal point, The Horde forming and laying waste to things, what Miho has said about how she herself is not supposed to have fans, those whole conversations with Piro at the apartment and bath house and school, and what people such as the interrogator have said to Piro, as in few completions.

Then there is the story Miho told to Kimiko allegedly about the true Kotone, whose tragic story appears to not involve her dying, but all around her dying followed by her broken form being locked away to be tripped over by players. That is not the same sorts of stories or situations Miho gives to Piro, or a story that she (or anyone) appears to be currently acting out. Miho is in a way locked away now yes, but as somebody else, or even nobody. Kimiko isn't in that situation either. The closest seems to be what's still going on in Endgames to Piro's character. Which is another mess of itself entirely.

The Miho dying for the fans story doesn't seem to be happening, even if some think Miho has died because of what Kimiko did. We have heard, if that story was playing out, it should be within fiction to a character (say, in Sight). Not to Miho herself, or in this case, Kimiko playing as Miho. No matter how close Miho has come to dying out in Megatokyo, she is still apparently quite alive. So is Kimiko. Most everyone directly involved in the story knows they're both alive too. If anything it more seems Miho has been some sort of catalyst for others. This is maybe what she reminisces about in i wanted. Perhaps then we could blame or credit Miho for Largo and Erika, Junpei and Komugiko, Piro and Kimiko, Yutaka and Yuki, and as far as we know Meimi and Masamichi.

What is real and what is illusion, what is true and what is lie, what exists and what doesn't?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:57 am

Boundaries between fiction and reality are not solid, and fog of war tends to obscure the view quite often and blur it enough that the unprepared can overstep the marks.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish