Doki Doki Literature Club

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Doki Doki Literature Club

Post by Char » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Anyone played DDLC? If not, I do think you should try it out - a quite disturbing but memorable experience. And it's free!

Do be warned it's definitely not for kids or those who are easily disturbed~
Forums are funny objects since social media became a thing

DaRk_KnIgHt

Re: Doki Doki Literature Club

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:15 am

The first ending gave me a laugh. Definitely an interesting piece and it is free and short.

Hard to discuss without spoiling anything however.

Hashbrown Potatoes

Re: Doki Doki Literature Club

Post by Hashbrown Potatoes » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:20 am

Plot point spoilerShow
The game kind of reminds me of an episode of Star Trek: TNG. There is an episode where Data is in the simulation room and is playing a Sherlock Holmes simulation. However, he is always able to instantly solve the crime due to having memorized ever single Sherlock Holmes novel, so Dr. Crusher instructs the simulation to construct an AI simulation that Data cannot easily outwit. The result is the simulation create the antagonist who then becomes self-aware and discovers the door to escape the simulation. However, due to being simply an AI construct he can't use the door and instead devises a plan where he systemically kidnaps all of Data's crewmates who have entered the simulation with him and holds them hostage until they agree to discover a way to let him leave the simulation.