[1501] Broken Glass and Back Seats

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

Re: [1501] Broken Glass and Back Seats

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Largo suffers from Premature Ejaculation and so if Piro makes any progress with Kimi, which it seems to be, then he's way way ahead of anything Largo and Erika have achieved. L x E bunted foul and never made it to first base.....

Fujii Yakumo
Location: Pikesville, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland

Post by Fujii Yakumo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:21 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 pm
Largo suffers from Premature Ejaculation and so if Piro makes any progress with Kimi, which it seems to be, then he's way way ahead of anything Largo and Erika have achieved. L x E bunted foul and never made it to first base.....
TMI, dude, TMI.
Said Phoebe Snow
About to go
Upon a trip to Buffalo:
"My gown stays white
From morn 'til night
Upon the Road of Anthracite".

Advertising slogan from the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad
1853-1960
Requiescat in pace.

DracMonster

Post by DracMonster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am

Invisigoth wrote:
We don't actually know they never did. We've had some time-skips, as well as plenty of time when they were "off-camera".

The air between them now kinda suggests they've worked through the sexual tension at some point, although I think Fred is intentionally keeping it open to interpretation.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 am

DracMonster wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am
Invisigoth wrote:
We don't actually know they never did. We've had some time-skips, as well as plenty of time when they were "off-camera".

The air between them now kinda suggests they've worked through the sexual tension at some point, although I think Fred is intentionally keeping it open to interpretation.
Yeah, actually we do know that. It's what came to be called "T3h 4wkw4rd" and Erika is either incredibly patient or she no longer cares

DracMonster

Post by DracMonster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:18 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 am
Yeah, actually we do know that. It's what came to be called "T3h 4wkw4rd" and Erika is either incredibly patient or she no longer cares
We don't know they haven't tried again and succeeded since then is what I mean. I think Fred is leaving it ambiguous since he's probably not going to show it on-camera.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 am

She shoulda slipped him a little blue pill....... :twisted:

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 am
Do a web search for Premature Ejaculation treatment. For the record Fred has not placed Erika and Largo in an intimate situation since https://megatokyo.com/strip/965 for a reason and his homage to Bloom County was the first time that Erika has sat in Largo's lap, and this with Largo on pain meds

DracMonster

Post by DracMonster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:33 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am
Do a web search for Premature Ejaculation treatment. For the record Fred has not placed Erika and Largo in an intimate situation since https://megatokyo.com/strip/965 for a reason and his homage to Bloom County was the first time that Erika has sat in Largo's lap, and this with Largo on pain meds
It's very common for a male to have that in their first sexual experience as a one-off thing. It doesn't mean he has it as a constant condition. And even if he does, that doesn't preclude them "working on the problem" together.

I'm not saying they definitely have, but your assertion that it's stone-cold impossible is not based on any evidence.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 am
Not my point; with "better living through chemistry", Erika could've cleaned him up, slapped another wrapper(assuming) on him, and kept on truckin'. Of course, that's not very Fred at all, and it would've changed a good part of the dialogue from CH#9 onward.......... ;)

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 pm

We could imagine that the same first situation and events just keep happening over and over again, even with awareness, in different non-matching circumstances, and with resulting behaviors that don't much mimic how anyone should be reacting. Or we could instead consider what we have been shown.

Quite a few naïve or inexperienced people might consider themselves fortunate that somebody surprised them that way, at least after the initial reaction. In this case it also started things off on a path of knowledge and enlightenment. Suffering then doesn't seem at all the correct word. Too, the rather unique and unexpected sudden situation has never as far as we can tell replicated itself. While nobody knows how many intimate situations anyone's been placed in or put themselves in, being all filtered the way it is, there have been many obvious behaviors. Even early on, in one set of ways in such as 23, 544, 683, 859. Leading to the turning point of her seducing him and after that as he takes measures to deal with how he failed at it. But went on to not actually fail.

He was of course doomed to overall failure, and yet he did not, as we saw starting in 997. Piro, Miho, Masamichi, a number here; all reeling from the impossibility of getting to 997 and beyond. It looks a large part of the point of 1121, that one didn't fail and so the other one would be worked at to not fail either. Which the second is apparently finally what is happening, after much work to arrange the non neutral resolution that was feared. Seemingly a bulk of what is happening right now. Not failing, even when that is a foregone conclusion in the narrative, through force of will and proactive steps taken, a few fortuitous events, some luck, and a bit of powerful other-worldly assistance. That sort of scenario should be enough of an answer, but it's not all there is.

There is how Erika and Largo have been interacting for the last 500 or so comics, in such as 1150, 1197, 1219, 1266, 1290, 1343, 1397, 1467. The vibe purposeful and consistent. Many do find it familiar, and obvious as to what story it tells. As always, it doesn't make it true, but it does seem to fit much better than the one that doesn't seem to fit at all.

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Panel 8 is Megumi's funniest facial expression yet. Her "times-I-have-tolerated-people-fucking-with-me-today" internal counter has clearly reached its hard limit, and the next person who tries fucking with her today, well... it is going to end very badly for them. :ph34r:

EDIT:
Although the cute polite smile in panel 3 does come a close second. "Sure hope you're having a better day than I am, lady. And no, you don't want to know."
Last edited by darrin on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm

iffy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Safety glass doesn't break into large jagged slices like regular glass would, although in this case it didn't fall out as a big sheet but bits fell all around. If you clean up broken safety-glass windows, you can easily find out the chunks are still quite sharp and capable of cutting. If Piro is on top of a bunch of them directly, it might be pretty bad cut-wise although likely not much other than superficial and painful and bloody. Messy and not a time to go taking a bath in lemon juice. Something to regret when your adrenaline is no longer deadening the pain.
Exactly. Sure it won't slice you open like plate glass, but it's not something to be lying on top off. I was speaking from the experience of once having to walk across the rubble of safety glass in my bare feet. My feet did get cut up. Piro is definitely going to be regretting this once he gets out of the car.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Sackett wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm
Piro is definitely going to be regretting this once he gets out of the car.
Piro is going to be regretting a lot of things once he gets out of the car. Not the least the fact that he's snogging another girl. Piro really should have shown some backbone here and pushed Kimiko gently away.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm
Sackett wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm
Piro is definitely going to be regretting this once he gets out of the car.
Piro is going to be regretting a lot of things once he gets out of the car. Not the least the fact that he's snogging another girl. Piro really should have shown some backbone here and pushed Kimiko gently away.
Push her out of the car?

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm
Push her out of the car?
Not quite that drastic. But he would have been better to show a little backbone. (And no, I don't mean have his back so cut up from broken glass that you can see his little spine.)
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm
Piro doesn't know what or who he wants. He thinks it should be Kimiko but he still harbors feelings for Miho. Kimoko thinks it should be Miho. I believe some one else said, back when we were starting this ride, that this may be Kimiko giving Piro the kiss-off.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Invisigoth wrote:

OMG, That is a blast from the past. I loved Bloom County.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:15 am

What's happening to Piro has nothing to do with backbone and everything to do with hormones.

Initial B

Post by Initial B » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 am

I'm not sure how much of it has to do with hormones and how much has to do with adrenaline. In the aftermath of a high-stress situation the mix can be quite volatile.

Poor Megumi, vainly trying to get their attention. Her expression I read as "Really!? I'm right here!"

But yeah, her grandmother should help them tone down their ardour once they arrive. I get the feeling there is going to be a lot of awkwardness once the surge passes.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:44 am

Initial B wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 am
I'm not sure how much of it has to do with hormones and how much has to do with adrenaline. In the aftermath of a high-stress situation the mix can be quite volatile.
After the adrenaline rush goes away they are probably asleep. Piro was doing some heavy lifting.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

iffy

Post by iffy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 pm

It's not excessively clear that Kimiko wants Piro to do anything but fix and jettison his feelings of past failure, regret at his general behavior patterns, whatever weird childish and otaku illusions he's got in his head. Less than conclusive she wants that so Piro can to get back with Miho, instead of wanting it so Piro and Kimiko herself will work out. Maybe it's a some of both. Whatever Kimiko has got planned for her and Piro personally or professionally that she's thinking in 1231 and 1400. Her empathy for removing his baggage, and her patient understanding of feelings (rather than getting angry or jealous as many think she has or expect she would but hasn't) as not some altruistic sacrifice for ideals of true love. No rose-colored vision of a past that's not hers and she didn't experience. That's aside from her own obvious affinity to Miho and concern of what happens to Miho. Still, taking over for Miho so "Miho can die for everyone" seems to go beyond mere notions of helping Piro (for whatever reasons.) And so we might as well say that Kimiko has been herself invested personally in this current situation, regardless of anyone else or why. That, and even if we had known for sure exactly what Kimiko was once thinking and planning and wanting and trying for, quite a lot has happened since that could have changed it in many ways. But we didn't know and still don't.

Maybe the first question about what might should Piro have done here is to determine who they think they are. Piro is pretty plainly quite aware he's been carrying around Kimiko, who has been pretending, past a lot of odd things Piro still isn't quite paying any attention to even though it's prevalent. Carrying around the real one and not a demented fantasy. Perhaps the previous angry reaction proves that as too true. Kimiko though, how much had she become Miho? She seemed acting oddly, and this is the sort of thing that happens with Analogues and immersion. Then again, Erika said she didn't think Kimiko had become the character. So perhaps Kimiko is essentially oblivious to what's going on outside herself and is simply in the process of finding out if Piro believes things are correctly happening.

So perhaps Piro isn't doing anything to stop anything because he is okay with it. Not forced, happening intrinsically, and is right to him. For them. In the face of adversity and all that.

Which it's maybe not too surprising Kimiko started this just as Erika started it before. What to do with these hesitant reactive bumbling foreigners but take the lead, in what is seemingly far clearer to the females about what's going on. It's almost the same with Miho instigating things. Which if indeed the thoughts in 1121 are playing out, and everything Miho's been behind is leading towards trying to get these two guys to "fail"... or make them too endearing to give up on in spite of it. Did Miho again underestimate them as she did in Endgames, or are all of those supposed expectations only another illusion. Whatever an Analogue is supposed to do, for whatever reason, that perhaps not even she is aware of the truth behind once she gets caught up in it herself as she weaves the stories. Stories so far apparently at least as much for Erika and Kimiko as for Largo and Piro.

If Miho is many decades or centuries old and some sort of primordial power, or is more a catalyst for relationships than whatever Ibara believes her to be or the ASF acts like she is, what sort of future does any puny mortal have with the likes of that? A goal to reach and find out wasn't the goal at all. A path of learning to absorb, not a physical thing one can acquire. Yet that's all just more perception in the face of a dearth of facts for the time being.

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 pm

iffy wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 pm
If Miho is many decades or centuries old and some sort of primordial power, or is more a catalyst for relationships than whatever Ibara believes her to be or the ASF acts like she is, what sort of future does any puny mortal have with the likes of that?
Ha, indeed. "You might as well flirt with a mountain range." <- (my favorite Vastra quote ;))
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:55 am

When we last saw Kimiko’s face (in the backseat while she was straddling Piro, and wow, I really just typed that), she didn’t look like herself. She looked...not dazed, exactly, but she didn’t seem like she was all there.

How conscious was she before Piro and Megumi got her into the car? She didn’t respond to anything they said before then. I wonder if she heard Piro whispering to her that he wished he could make all her fans go away.

She was playing dead for any stray fanboys, sure, but had she managed to inhibit the “dying Miho” role to the point that she was in some kind of trance? Could she have been channeling her character’s presumed desires and actions rather than/along with her own?

Otherwise, I hope to god that’s not what she looks like when she’s trying to seduce someone normally, because yikes.

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:30 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:55 am
but had she managed to inhibit the “dying Miho” role to the point that she was in some kind of trance?
Um, to be blunt..... No, not a chance in hell. Miho's story requires an insane emotional outcry from the fan-base to even exist. And there is no way that Kimiko's bad acting job could possibly incite enough of an emotional response to even come close to replacing it. Remember Megumi only bought the act for all of what? 10 minutes tops? (in comic time) until she saw Kimiko's "corpse" and realized 'oh shes not dead! it was an act.' which kind of breaks the illusion. Now, Stability on the other hand all they needed to ensure, at least temporarily, a stable fan-base was a dead body with an emotional undertone. That much, Kimiko was able to provide given what Miho told her. However that was just a snack, a candy bar to tide the horde over until Stability can figure out what to do about Miho breaking script.

I wholeheartedly refuse to believe that Kimiko's acting job is all that it would take to replace Miho's story.
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:30 pm

HakuRyoku wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:30 pm

I wholeheartedly refuse to believe that Kimiko's acting job is all that it would take to replace Miho's story.
Hmm, especially as has been said (by Junpei) - trust others [to] make story fix allow you this pause...

This could be a cool story of rehabilitation of Miho though - she wasn't exactly an angel in ch2 and ch3.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )