[1603] easy mode and bad end

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by paarfi » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Fred has posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm

cute, thiccy, bouncy, floofy

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:17 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm
cute, thiccy, bouncy, floofy
I find myself unable to disagree with that description.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:13 am

Peek and Poke eh?
Looks like they did a full H-model run for the love hotel industry.
This is how we get the Matrix version of the singularity... or maybe Bubblegum Crisis... or Robot Carnival... I guess that is better than Skynet.

wait...

Is that an H-model of Ping?
AND AN H-MODEL OF MIHO!
:shock:
bump this
I want bacon, eggs, and spiced taters.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:26 am

Yay comic.

Nice to see Ping's sisters. This should be interesting

I assume the "he" who sent them is Dr Gero. I wonder why. He seemed to think what was happening with Ping was interesting. Maybe it's an experiment to see what'll happen with Peek and Poke as well.

I'm of two minds about Poke not remembering. On the one hand, it's a cute reference, since the POKE command would overwrite memory, which fits with her not remembering certain things. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of Poke's memory being deliberately overwritten like that. I think of Ping as people, and by extension her sisters too. Overwriting someone's memory feels violating.

Also, for those who aren't computer geeks. Ping, Peek, and Poke are old computer commands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEEK_and_POKE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(networking_utility)

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:27 am

To help clarify:

Both are model variants of the same line as Ping

Poke ~ more closely resembles Ping ~ "Easy Mode": H Model

Peek ~ Vaguely resembles Miho ~ "Bad Ending": player quits game bitter and disillusioned and most assuredly DID not have seggs....

Think about that

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:55 am

paarfi wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:26 am

I'm of two minds about Poke not remembering. On the one hand, it's a cute reference, since the POKE command would overwrite memory, which fits with her not remembering certain things. On the other hand, I don't like the idea of Poke's memory being deliberately overwritten like that. I think of Ping as people, and by extension her sisters too. Overwriting someone's memory feels violating.
Well, think of Poke as "bimbo". Peek, not so much.

BTW, is this a one-shot?
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:38 pm

There's a drawing of these two out of Fred's art site. Apparently he came up with them around the same time as Ping, but just hadn't had a good opportunity to introduce them into the story.

Anyway, I find myself unable to argue with Poke's assessment of Megumi in panel four. She is indeed cute, thiccy, bouncy, and floofy, and current evidence indicates that it would indeed feel pretty amazing to dig through her tails.

That said, she hasn't given any indications (that I've noticed, anyway) of being into girls, so Poke is probably out of luck. Not to mention that this morning's discovery has almost certainly not left her in the mood for that sort of thing anyway.
Rapierman wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:55 am
BTW, is this a one-shot?
I don't think so. In the last comic you could see someone with earblades peeking out of a doorway at the group.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:44 am

Yay for the new page :)
As for the delays - thanks for keeping up at least on Twitter ( and if the deal comes to pass, here again :D

Who's a MT fan if not patient ;) (pun /not/ intended, no offense meant to any health issues...) ( like I have any right to complain... it got surprisingly harder to do the clandestine .pl translation these last 2 years...)

ah the memories... of copying Atari BASIC programs with the machine DATA section ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Technetium

Post by Technetium » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:33 am

I'm lost. What?

Have we seen these two before? Are they robots like Ping? I thought she was the only one for some reason.

Orriens

Post by Orriens » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:59 am

Technetium, yeah, I was wondering the same thing. "Huh Ping is weird, wait, there are two?"

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:35 pm

Technetium wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:33 am
I'm lost. What?

Have we seen these two before? Are they robots like Ping? I thought she was the only one for some reason.
Orriens wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:59 am
Technetium, yeah, I was wondering the same thing. "Huh Ping is weird, wait, there are two?"
Fred has posted art of them on his site before, but no, to the best of my knowledge they have never appeared in the comic. According to the commentary on the picture I mentioned, the two of them actually date back to around the time Ping was first introduced. It's just taken a while for them to make it in.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:53 pm

Fred, I love ya man, but Oda, you ain't. Maybe you have something planned that will tie it all together, but going off in a tangent, and adding new characters with your upload schedule is questionable. I read MT from work, and have been doing so for almost nine years. I still have ten more years before I retire; I'd like to see the end(or at least have all these plot threads come together) before I do.

I hope Poke and Peek are the catalysts that ties everything together. Wonder if Ed is nearby........ ;)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:12 am

Let's divert attention from my last Trainwreck of a post... And play Captain Obvious instead ;)

Some observations:

- the 2 look kinda like robot counterparts of Kimi ( Poke ) and Miho ( Peek ). With their templates' disposition kinda amplified and distorted.
- Peek has long jeans? under the gown. Interesting outfit?
- Poek doesn't recognize participants characters' sex - or does she? maybe she sees the players' sex for what it really is, so, the players controlling the character of Gumi and Ashe are actually male?

EDITED BY REQUEST
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:45 am

cidjen wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:12 am
Let's divert attention from my last Trainwreck of a post... And play Captain Obvious instead ;)

Some observations:

- the 2 look kinda like robot counterparts of Kimi ( Peek ) and Miho ( Poke ). With their templates' disposition kinda amplified and distorted.
- Peek has long jeans? under the gown. Interesting outfit?
- Poke doesn't recognize participants characters' sex - or does she? maybe she sees the players' sex for what it really is, so, the players controlling the character of Gumi and Ashe are actually male?
I think you've got their names backwards. The "easy mode" one is Poke, the "bad end" one is Peek. They each say the other's name on this page.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 am

So, just like Ping (Non-H model) was loaned to Piro and Largo's friend, Tsubasa, for field testing because he invested in the project, Peek and Poke (Full H models) have been loaned to the owner(s) of The Foxhole for field testing.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:18 am

Random Wanderer wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:45 am
I think you've got their names backwards. The "easy mode" one is Poke, the "bad end" one is Peek. They each say the other's name on this page.
I did mix them up, and I'm sorry about that :)
@mods please edit my post to rectify the blunder...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Technetium

Post by Technetium » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:09 am

It is odd that they bear strong resemblance to both Kimiko and Miho, the two main love interests of Piro. Like, that can't be an accident. They've been sent here for a reason and it has to do with Piro.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:29 am

Technetium wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:09 am
They've been sent here for a reason and it has to do with Piro.
I just don't see that. It seems very likely that they were sent by Dr Gero. He's the creator of the EDS units [1547], so he'd have access to Peek and Poke, and likely the ability to send them somewhere. Peek and Poke know Ping, of course. But from what Peek says, they also expected Ashe, but only by description. That matches what Dr Gero knew, as well as the picture he took of Ashe as she was leaving [1550]. Peek and Poke likely also know that Junko is there, since Dr Gero knew that as well [1548], but Junko isn't in the corridor right now.

I think it's more likely that Dr Gero sent Peek and Poke along to further his research. He seemed fascinated by what was happening with Ping, and maybe this is just his way of trying to expand the sample size.

Dr Gero doesn't know Piro at all, so I don't think this has anything to do with him. Nor does he know Kimiko, so any visible similarity is probably a coincidence. He might know about Miho, being in the Story business, but I'm not sure Peek resembles her enough to really say there's something there yet. If anything, I think Peek and Poke might have more similarities to Junko, since Dr Gero was using her as a "real girl" basis for EDS improvement.

The only way I can think of that you might be right is to fall back on my old Tsubasa as evil mastermind idea. Tsubasa had "invested in the [EDS] project" [106], and he certainly knows Piro. If it was Tsubasa who sent Peek and Poke as part of his sinister evil plan, then a connection to Piro, as well as perhaps Kimiko and Miho, would make more sense.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:39 am

maldrul wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 am
So, just like Ping (Non-H model) was loaned to Piro and Largo's friend, Tsubasa, for field testing because he invested in the project, Peek and Poke (Full H models) have been loaned to the owner(s) of The Foxhole for field testing.
Planning your next vacation, Mal?

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:25 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:39 am
maldrul wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:23 am
Planning your next vacation, Mal?
Well, Poke does seem to like foxtail, but she would be too easy and I'd get bored quickly. However Peek would be an intereting challenge to see how far I can get with the right answers. :smirk:

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:45 pm

Peek doesn't care at all about the sex of the player as no player is ever going to have sex with her. When Fred labeled her "bad ending" he wasn't kidding, it's a very bad ending. Say, rather than culminate in a tryst there's a double suicide...only Peek can just salvage and restore and move on to the next player.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:45 pm
Peek ... no player is ever going to have sex with her
She just hasn't met the right arctic foxboy yet.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:59 pm

maldrul wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:25 pm
Well, Poke does seem to like foxtail, but she would be too easy and I'd get bored quickly. However Peek would be an intereting challenge to see how far I can get with the right answers. :smirk:
Well...
Good luck trying to yiff them pixels, I guess.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:37 pm

There is an entire genre of VN with plots involving suicide pacts. If you’re a fan of that sort of thing then by all means pursue Peek. It’s literally your funeral