mistersaxon wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:06 am
In a feat of timing that borders on the spooky:

https://soranews24.com/2022/03/08/japan ... ox-spirit/
Fred's inner narrator does things like that, you get use to it

Ningen 2

Re: [1602] a normal girl in a lot of trouble

Post by Ningen 2 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:48 am

Reminds me of the Heinlein storyverse theory.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:24 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:02 pm
Yeah, there's probably a number of male kitsune running around getting normal girls "in trouble".
Tries to look innocent... and fails :ninja:

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 am

So... six years and roughly 160 comics ago I stopped reading Megatokyo. I don't remember there being any particular reason for that, it just happened.

Two days ago I randomly clicked back in, glanced through the current storyline, and felt compelled to properly catch up. So here I am.

Somewhere in the course of that time Komugiko's daughter got kidnapped by ninjas (and thoroughly traumatized) and Miho risked her life to save the little floofball, who is now not letting Miho out of her sight; Erika has been... possessed? Mentally linked with? ...something with a comatose magical girl who wants Erika to try to finish her story and save Miho; the word "stability" somehow started getting used like a proper noun here in forum discussions; Junpei had a strong disagreement with his family; Piro and Kimiko finally consummated their relationship; we were introduced to the Foxhole love hotel and its staff, including an adorable, badass, snarky, and just generally awesome deaf foxgirl who may be my new favorite character; Ping tried to help Junko in a clumsy foolish way and Junko got mad at her before the two of them wore themselves out and fell asleep in a girl-pile again; and a girl who I always thought was a minor character suddenly transformed into a major character, had a really really bad day, and then jumped way up the megatokyo power rankings, going from probably not even on the scale to something that could be genuinely considered a goddess literally overnight.

And those are just the high points.

Having read over Megumi's yesterday in a marathon session, I found myself wondering if she is actually unconsciously responsible for some of her bad luck, particularly in relationships. What I've seen has shown me that Megumi is very self-sacrificing: she'll put others' happiness above her own, even when she's clearly unhappy about it. That made me think about her attempted tryst last night. She knew the guy was still in love with his fiance. She convinced herself inside that he needed to speak to her again, to either try to rebuild their relationship, or to end it properly and find closure. And it would have been entirely within the power of a nine-tailed kitsune to subconsciously magic the fiance into whatever situation lead to her calling the guy.

Anyway. I'm going to shut up now. This thread is months old: it feels a little awkward to post here, but there isn't any place better.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:14 am

Random Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 am
Having read over Megumi's yesterday in a marathon session, I found myself wondering if she is actually unconsciously responsible for some of her bad luck, particularly in relationships
I think you're probably right there.
Also, welcome back. Fred's hoping to have the next comic done today.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:47 am

Yo, welcome back!
Random Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 am
Erika has been... possessed? Mentally linked with? ...something with a comatose magical girl who wants Erika to try to finish her story and save Miho;
Erika had been playing Moeko's part to the audiences way back when she's been ditched by her fiance... Moeko was in coma ever since.

Miho was/is a story/character analogue running around without an actress to play her, now it seems she might get picked up by Kimiko. The two seem to be sharing both power and the love interest now.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )