[1597] so this is what happens

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

shadowrider

Re: [1597] so this is what happens

Post by shadowrider » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:20 pm

I am appalled at where this has gone here, and repulsive. This has gone into a very wrong turn, and is disrespectful.
Also the betrayal, and even though Grandma kitsune is/was a prostitute, and that they run a run a love hotel, teaching Ping, and programmed as such that she is rather gullible, and clearly inexperienced in the proper ways on relationships are. I note Grandma Kitsune made a point to subtly evade the original question.
~shadowrider
Archived:
Owner of a "Welcome to SC" plushie with a "I joined O's Army" pin attached,
Member of Ocelot's Army.

Zippo owns my 1000th, and 1250th post, cause us Canadian girls stick together.
Xelfixtheimmortal owns my 1337th post.

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:05 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:44 pm
BAD PERVY PING! NO RECORDINGS FOR YOU!
Don't think this is Ping's fault. She's being taught bad habits by this jerk of a grandmother.

And still the mockery continutes. This strip is offensive and wrong for all sorts of reasons.

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am

paarfi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 pm
Roamer wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm
What Megumi needs is answers, and Grandma is apparently determined not to give them to her.
I don't know. Megumi is freaking out over suddenly being a foxgirl. Her reaction to that, asking "how could this happen?!?!", is natural. But getting an answer to that question isn't going address the real problem. She's still going to be a foxgirl no matter if grandma reveals some dark family secret or just shrugs her shoulders in ignorance.
Paarfi, you might be missing something here. Megumi is still in a state of denial. She needs to know for sure that her "condition" is very much real and very much grounded in her origin in order to begin to accept it as a fact. Additionally, and this is even MORE important, is that she needs to know who she can TRUST. By being evasive and rude like this, Grandma is putting herself at considerable risk as she is starting to slide towards the "can not trust" side of things. We still haven't seen Megumi actually flex her powers yet. It would be very bad for Grandma if Megumi should choose HER as the first target.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:12 am

Eraden wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am
paarfi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 pm
Roamer wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 pm
What Megumi needs is answers, and Grandma is apparently determined not to give them to her.
I don't know. Megumi is freaking out over suddenly being a foxgirl. Her reaction to that, asking "how could this happen?!?!", is natural. But getting an answer to that question isn't going address the real problem. She's still going to be a foxgirl no matter if grandma reveals some dark family secret or just shrugs her shoulders in ignorance.
Paarfi, you might be missing something here. Megumi is still in a state of denial. She needs to know for sure that her "condition" is very much real and very much grounded in her origin in order to begin to accept it as a fact. Additionally, and this is even MORE important, is that she needs to know who she can TRUST. By being evasive and rude like this, Grandma is putting herself at considerable risk as she is starting to slide towards the "can not trust" side of things. We still haven't seen Megumi actually flex her powers yet. It would be very bad for Grandma if Megumi should choose HER as the first target.
Well...if Grandma is actually hiding something that Megumi needed to know about - and that's looking pretty likely just now - then it would be very good if she was. Probably not for Megumi's mental health, though.
Tsukai wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:05 pm
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Don't think this is Ping's fault. She's being taught bad habits by this jerk of a grandmother.

And still the mockery continutes. This strip is offensive and wrong for all sorts of reasons.
As has already been established, Ping records everything, and has at least since meeting Miho. It was almost certainly hard-coded into her. She's a test unit, and you always always always want to know what is going on with testing units. Personally, I was expecting the recordings to become part of a storyline well before it actually did.
Roborat wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Looks like Grams is furiously trying to come up with a deflection, and comes up with a way to derail Megumi. Lets see if it sticks, somehow I doubt it. And Megumi, you are not JUST a foxgirl, you are a nine tail, wonder if she has realized that part yet?
Probably not, it's probably kind of hard to count your own tails, especially when they're that thick and move constantly. I'm willing to bet Largo will be the one who mentions it first, he pays attention to that sort of important detail.
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
*Cracks up laughing*. Thank you Teddy, I needed that.
Last edited by Roamer on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am

Guys, I don't think that people are acting of their own free will here.

Take a look back at this scene. Since miss hopeless-at-love almost got laid, her would-be lover's ex called him out of nowhere and everyone around her, with the sole exception of Mr Mundanity Piro, has started acting sexually inappropriately. Even Kimiko was mashing her face against Megumi's tails without so much as asking just a few strips ago.

I think this is her powers going haywire.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:27 am

MoneyMan wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am

Take a look back at this scene. Since miss hopeless-at-love almost got laid, her would-be lover's ex called him out of nowhere and everyone around her, with the sole exception of Mr Mundanity Piro, has started acting sexually inappropriately. Even Kimiko was mashing her face against Megumi's tails without so much as asking just a few strips ago.

Interesting take. Humans are very good at subconsciously bringing about the hells they imagine/fear... but nine-tails may be to humans as MLB is to Little League. (^_^)°
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:30 am

MoneyMan wrote:

If there is someone able to resist Gumi's 9tail outburst, it's Kimiko...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:11 am

MoneyMan wrote:

DING DING DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Thank you for catching that!!!!!

Selvius

Post by Selvius » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:11 am
MoneyMan wrote:

DING DING DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Thank you for catching that!!!!!
Everyone just got switched to Megumi-vision without so much as a by your leave. Good thing Piro is experienced in ignoring Largo-vision. And that Kimiko's always ready to jump into a new role.

Edit: By the way, to those who are made uncomfortable by this strip, your discomfort is a valid reaction, but not necessarily an appropriate one. I can confirm what others have said: that same-sex groups, belonging to a minority, and sex-adjacent settings such as owning/working at a love hotel will all contribute to this kind of casual bawdy humor. So, I have been reliably informed, will age. It's Megumi who gets to decide if the behavior is appropriate, not us. So, no need to activate RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION. I have a feeling our lady of the tails can handle herself.

Peter

Post by Peter » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:10 am

Kimiko's always ready to jump into a new role.
Actually, she was pushed.

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:28 am

I had thought of it as a classical fairytale curse, but I like the Megumi-vision interpretation better.

Especially because it raises the likelihood that she actually did get laid, but her worldview is now having to work overtime to rewrite things into a reality that fits who she thinks she is. Possibly it even had to make her think she's a kitsune in order to keep her distracted from the bigger rewrites, because for Megumi being a foxgirl is more likely than having a boyfriend.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:06 pm

MoneyMan wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:28 am
I had thought of it as a classical fairytale curse, but I like the Megumi-vision interpretation better.

Especially because it raises the likelihood that she actually did get laid, but her worldview is now having to work overtime to rewrite things into a reality that fits who she thinks she is. Possibly it even had to make her think she's a kitsune in order to keep her distracted from the bigger rewrites, because for Megumi being a foxgirl is more likely than having a boyfriend.
I'm speculating now but I believe that if she'd gotten lucky the situation would be a lot more extreme.

Someone said that Kimiko could resist but IMHO Piro is the only entity in MT who can "nope out" of Megumi's power

I'm declaring the launch of the good 'ship Piro X Megumi

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:13 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:06 pm

I'm speculating now but I believe that if she'd gotten lucky the situation would be a lot more extreme.

Someone said that Kimiko could resist but IMHO Piro is the only entity in MT who can "nope out" of Megumi's power

I'm declaring the launch of the good 'ship Piro X Megumi
Only because Kimi is the Princess of the Zillas, she can resist Gumi's power ( just wait till she meets Zomzom... ) The only entity on par with Kimi is the Queen of the Bunnies Erika (now with added Half of The Queen of the Pirates Moeko).
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:28 pm

cidjen wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:13 pm
Only because Kimi is the Princess of the Zillas, she can resist Gumi's power ( just wait till she meets Zomzom... ) The only entity on par with Kimi is the Queen of the Bunnies Erika (now with added Half of The Queen of the Pirates Moeko).
While I'm sure the Princess of Zillas can resist this, I would argue that's Yuki, who isn't here.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:38 am

MoneyMan wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:28 pm

While I'm sure the Princess of Zillas can resist this, I would argue that's Yuki, who isn't here.
No, Yuki is a different 'animal' altogether, a magical girl...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:21 am

cidjen wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:38 am
No, Yuki is a different 'animal' altogether, a magical girl...
I'm actually wondering if Megumi won't turn out to be an MG. She has grown tails because something is trying to put her through a nightmare right now, they're not necessarily real.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 am

Megumi is the Nine Tail Fox. Her powers encompass the realms of Luck and Love among other things.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:20 pm

On a tangent note, the camera is facing away from them rn, but I wonder, what are Piro X Kimi doing right now, as she was just literally swept into his arms by Gumi's tails...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 pm

I think that Grandma needs to talk to her mom about Megumi. I would almost guarantee that she knows quite a bit about Megumi being a 9 tail.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 am
Megumi is the Nine Tail Fox. Her powers encompass the realms of Luck and Love among other things.
It's not a power, but she's also gained a quirk: 'Suddenly inappropriate clothing'. Panel 3 gives us an idea of how much stress she's under now.

We should probably try to figure out what realms her power may include. Aside from luck and love, most of the folklore includes illusion, possession, shapeshifting (not nearly old enough for this), and fire. There are a bunch of less commonly mentioned realms but these are the standards.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:56 am

Megumi is normally a logical, calm Piro n Kimi saving (twice now) stalwart soul. Right now if we could see the scene in Megumi's head, her bridge bunnies are running in circles waving their hands in the air, pointing at each other's tails and going abada, abada or assaulting each other three stooges style, while captain Mugi in the big chair totally fails to get them calm. It hasn't even occurred to her to get out of the damn hallway yet.

Grandma's first task is to restore her granddaughter's brain to full function. Making her defend herself against embarrassment sounds like a harmless enough method. Advice and consoling can come AFTER Megumi's brain has all 8 cylinders firing in right order (all 9 tails wagging in the same direction??). I don't think Grandma is being mean.

DS

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:44 pm

A thought has occurred to me. Megumi states that Grandma said she was adopted into the family and thus Megumi can't be a foxgirl. However, Grandma seems to have neglected to say where she was adopted from. There is every possibility that her birth family was also foxgirls.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Roborat wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:44 pm
A thought has occurred to me. Megumi states that Grandma said she was adopted into the family and thus Megumi can't be a foxgirl. However, Grandma seems to have neglected to say where she was adopted from. There is every possibility that her birth family was also foxgirls.
Interesting observation

Captain Button

Post by Captain Button » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:21 am

Roborat wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:44 pm
Well, when you kill off all the adult foxgirls to steal their tails, there's a moral obligation to at least look after the orphans, right?

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 pm

Sad Megumi in the snow with 9 tails?