[1594] a side of you I haven't seen before

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Small Pink Mouse

Re: [1594] a side of you I haven't seen before

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Mon May 31, 2021 1:43 am

cidjen wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Side question, just how powerful Kimi is, if she can suppress a 9 tail kitsune....?

Anime comedic byplay transcends all power! :D

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon May 31, 2021 11:15 am

cidjen wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:27 am
(…)

What if Kimi is secretly a Zilla princess?
(…)

Proof?
(&c.)
Whaha, I like the way you think, cidjen! =D

Fred: wow, you had to draw many characters for this installment!
Thanks for the new page — I love the way Largo seems to be counting tails and considering consequences (and possibilities?) in panels 4 and 6!

But cidjen really gets an upvote from me for the Kimi-zilla hypothesis! =)
Invisigoth wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 pm
Kimiko does not have a tail.
…Well, the tail on Zom-zom’s current (?) form was, as far as I can see it, the result of imperfect magic.
Invisigoth wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 pm
The whole Kimi-zilla thing is about what an emotionally abusive bitch she is once she's gotten her claws sunk into a guy.
That’s how Erika treats it, yes. But Erika mightn’t know everything there is to know about Kimiko…
And she may be treating it that way to draw away attention from the Zilla thing at which cidjen hinted…

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:32 am

BetaCygnus wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:15 am
cidjen wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:27 am
(…)

What if Kimi is secretly a Zilla princess?
(…)

Proof?
(&c.)
Whaha, I like the way you think, cidjen! =D

Haha thanks :)
Here's more: she's a multitail one too: same mechanism as Gumi, they can hide, where like, no one can see them...

The power to suppress the kitsune also comes that way.
^•^

But then the hierarchy of power would be like kitsune < zilla < bunny ... I need to give it some more thought.

What would be funny though, if she's not a zilla? On next comic there is a frame with some girl-in-bloomers-sitting-broad-on-a-kitsune... It'll be funny if the tails decided to jump from Gumi to Kimi o.O
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am

...I have no idea what drugs you’re on, cidjen, but never change.

WEEEEEEE COMIC! COMIC!

Still no Grandma, but Erika and Largo are an excellent distraction. Now to see if Grandma will beat Yuki and Junko to the scene.

What does Erika mean by liking the way Piro thinks, especially right after running into him in yet another weird situation? Piro getting involved in writing Miho’s story rather than participating in it...oh god. That meeting at Megagamers is not going to go well at all.

Kimiko appears to be applying happiness extra-thick for Megumi’s sake. I wonder if she’ll tag along to the store or go straight to work?

Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:59 am

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am
What does Erika mean by liking the way Piro thinks, especially right after running into him in yet another weird situation?
I think she's teasing him over maybe having had a threesome last night. :lol:
I mostly lurk and read, but I may squeak occasionally.

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:41 pm

Typo in panel two: "This should be an interesting."

Other than that, this is fun. I really like where(ever) this is going. :D
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Kimiko is a toxic warbitch from hell, there's no call to be insulting 'zilla's and kitsune's by trying to lump her sort of monster in with them.

tambo

Post by tambo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 pm

Ubu wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:36 pm
However, my first impression of the writing assignment is that she's talking about Kimiko; i.e.: she's misreading the mood and telling him "good job getting Kimiko to loosen up*, now do it some more!"
Er - that doesn't make much sense, given her comment in p4. Erika knows why she's there, and she believes Piro is there for the same reason, so... it's clear that she's "reading the mood" correctly.

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:38 pm

tambo wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:29 pm
Ubu wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:36 pm
However, my first impression of the writing assignment is that she's talking about Kimiko; i.e.: she's misreading the mood and telling him "good job getting Kimiko to loosen up*, now do it some more!"
Er - that doesn't make much sense, given her comment in p4. Erika knows why she's there, and she believes Piro is there for the same reason, so... it's clear that she's "reading the mood" correctly.
While that is why Piro and Kimiko are there, it really isn't why Megumi is there or in that state. Eric is very off track if she was thinking that's what was going on between Piro and Megumi.

Hence, her finding out Kimiko both, knows about it, and is hyper-enthusiastic about it, switches the gears from "Ok, do I have to break one of you now?" to the "I have have questions" mode.

tambo

Post by tambo » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:31 am

Voyager wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:38 pm
While that is why Piro and Kimiko are there, it really isn't why Megumi is there or in that state. Eric is very off track if she was thinking that's what was going on between Piro and Megumi.
Oh. OH. Oh sh--

Yeah, I didn't get that context at all. Erica finds Piro out in the hall with rando foxgirl, not realizing who she is, for obvious reasons, and draws some obvious conclusions. Perspective-changing as to Piro's character, but Erica's a pretty salt-of-the-earth kinda girl, so it could be an easy perspective shift for her.

But then everything kind of happens all at once with Kimiko bursting back onto the scene, and "I have questions" seems like a pretty impressive understatement of her confusion about the situation. Followed by an agile pivot to a domain that's more familiar and within her control.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:08 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:41 pm
Kimiko is a toxic warbitch from hell, there's no call to be insulting 'zilla's and kitsune's by trying to lump her sort of monster in with them.
Some people play baseball with baseballs. Some people play it with fruit. And then there are some people play it with grenades. (^_~)

Can't let you have all the fun, so I'm wondering: Would Erika have been just as sanguine about Kimiko's non-fake genki-girlness if, instead of Megumi, it had been a guy she knew would be safe?

(Although the only one that comes to mind who's neither underage nor overmarried is Boss-san...)
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:09 am

tambo wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:31 am
Voyager wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:38 pm
Oh. OH. Oh sh--

Yeah, I didn't get that context at all. Erica finds Piro out in the hall with rando foxgirl, not realizing who she is, for obvious reasons, and draws some obvious conclusions. Perspective-changing as to Piro's character, but Erica's a pretty salt-of-the-earth kinda girl, so it could be an easy perspective shift for her.

But then everything kind of happens all at once with Kimiko bursting back onto the scene, and "I have questions" seems like a pretty impressive understatement of her confusion about the situation. Followed by an agile pivot to a domain that's more familiar and within her control.
I'm thinking that her knowledge of Kimiko is why she was so restrained. The scenario that comes to mind if this was a stranger is probably one that Erika mentally reviewed for a nanosecond and discarded, probably with an internal smile.

With what we've seen of Megumi the idea of her in a threesome with anybody seems perfectly ridiculous as well. As her mom not too gently points out, Megumi wants to be in love, not just in a relationship. That's why she was so willing to let doofus go when he got that phone call. He's obviously infatuated with somebody else.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:10 pm

arimareiji wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:08 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:41 pm
Some people play baseball with baseballs. Some people play it with fruit. And then there are some people play it with grenades. (^_~)

Can't let you have all the fun, so I'm wondering: Would Erika have been just as sanguine about Kimiko's non-fake genki-girlness if, instead of Megumi, it had been a guy she knew would be safe?

(Although the only one that comes to mind who's neither underage nor overmarried is Boss-san...)
The thing is that Kimiko really is far more manipulative than Miho is accused of being. She's quite an opportunist and has worked Piro's desire to help Miho who was quite literally being attacked by every available mercenary in the area.

Erika knows this and her apparent attitude toward Piro is actually sort of odd. I'm halfway wondering if she may have felt some relief to see Piro with someone else. In fact that may well have been what she considered to be the best case scenario for the end of that relationship. I'd hazard a guess that Erika is going to do something to get Piro away from Kimiko for a while so that Piro could have a talk with Miho and working on the story is just the thing

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:47 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:10 pm
I'd hazard a guess that Erika is going to do something to get Piro away from Kimiko for a while so that Piro could have a talk with Miho and working on the story is just the thing
But that would mean Erika doesn't (?) know that Kimi was about to tell him whether he got that drawing job for what we know is the modern retelling of Mihos ancient story... Btw, I am not sure even Kimi can make the connection yet, even though Miho basically shouted it out to her face, but if anyone can make that connection, then it's Piro. Meanwhile, Erika is trying to cajole Piro into writing for a character based on Miho, but /not/ exactly her... This will be an interesting when he realises what they both are talking about.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:16 pm

cidjen wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:47 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:10 pm
I'd hazard a guess that Erika is going to do something to get Piro away from Kimiko for a while so that Piro could have a talk with Miho and working on the story is just the thing
But that would mean Erika doesn't (?) know that Kimi was about to tell him whether he got that drawing job for what we know is the modern retelling of Mihos ancient story... Btw, I am not sure even Kimi can make the connection yet, even though Miho basically shouted it out to her face, but if anyone can make that connection, then it's Piro. Meanwhile, Erika is trying to cajole Piro into writing for a character based on Miho, but /not/ exactly her... This will be an interesting when he realises what they both are talking about.
I'm beginning to suspect that Moeko is now loa to Erika's priestess and that Erika isn't even Erika anymore and may never be again

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:50 am

Wait, so what is Erika now? She appears to be the one steering the ship at the moment, so to speak.

(also, there’s a Discord?)

SpaceCobraJoe

Post by SpaceCobraJoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:18 am

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:50 am
(also, there’s a Discord?)
https://discord.com/invite/qSB8FdB It's quiet at the moment.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:11 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:50 am
Though really, since Miho is the character analogue for Moeko's story, it would affect both. Erika already has Yaku lined up to help with the story writing [1569] so it's going to be a writing team.
Also unexpected. I was thinking that Piro would work on the art for the animation. Writing would come way out from left field.
paarfi wrote:
Rapierman wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
but I didn't expect that Erika would know Megumi that well. 😳😮😕
It looks to me like she knows her through Kimiko, so a friend-of-a-friend kind of thing. Notice that it's Hayasaka-san and Sawatari-san between them, but it's Megumi-chan for Kimiko.
Point.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:52 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:50 am
Rapierman wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
but I didn't expect that Erika would know Megumi that well. 😳😮😕
It looks to me like she knows her through Kimiko, so a friend-of-a-friend kind of thing. Notice that it's Hayasaka-san and Sawatari-san between them, but it's Megumi-chan for Kimiko.
Erika may know her more that just a friend-of-a-friend. Besides being a waitress at the café wasn't Megumi trying to get into voice work at one time? Erica may know her from studio work or possibly school.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

tambo

Post by tambo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 am

cidjen wrote:
Erika is trying to cajole Piro into writing for a character based on Miho, but /not/ exactly her... This will be an interesting when he realises what they both are talking about.
Since Miho is 100% off-script for her own story now, won't Moeko's plot line essentially become Miho's reality?

If so, then looking forward - Piro's gonna be in an interesting and awkward situation: writing the destiny of a woman who loves him. Regardless of what he writes for her, this is the definition of a consent violation.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

tambo wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 am
cidjen wrote:
Erika is trying to cajole Piro into writing for a character based on Miho, but /not/ exactly her... This will be an interesting when he realises what they both are talking about.
Since Miho is 100% off-script for her own story now, won't Moeko's plot line essentially become Miho's reality?

If so, then looking forward - Piro's gonna be in an interesting and awkward situation: writing the destiny of a woman who loves him. Regardless of what he writes for her, this is the definition of a consent violation.
Absofrickinlutely, if she doesn't consent to what he writes. Particularly if it's an ironclad prophecy. But I thought the direction the story was going was that she's not bound to the story, at least not "to a degree that she MUST follow it".

(If anything I'd think he'd be in danger of writing Erika's destiny, given her recent behavior -- plus, isn't Yakugashi already handling writing for Miho?)
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.