Re: [1590] beautiful

Post by maldrul » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:47 am
maldrul wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:34 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:40 pm
IMHO the triggering event was Piro saving Miho which resulted in her receiving a pacemaker and changing her story. Don't forget that Megumi was there when the switch out between Kimiko and Miho went down. She didn't fully manifest until she cried herself to sleep.

Miho's story changing directly influenced Moeko and allowed her to contact Erika and give her the wand as well. If you recall Moeko visited Miho in a near death experience after she and Yaku landed in the river after escaping the ninja compound
I think it was sooner than that. back in 1018, Miho mentioned that she had never rescued anyone before. Then in 1032, Miho mentioned that *it's* different this time. Very different. Because Miho made the choice to rescue Kimiko for the sake of Piro, she changed the whole direction of her own story, creating a whole new path.
That's an excellent point and one that follows my idea of Piro being an agent for change. I still hold that the ultimate turning point was when Miho didn't die and that set in motion the previously mentioned events with Megumi and Moeko

Perhaps "everyone will hate Piro" doesn't at all refer to the readers but to the TPCD because he royally wrecked the system they had in place
You are right. Until Piro "kidnapped" Largo and flew them to Tokyo, Miho's path was 'set'. She could do things to change some aspects of her 'game' but it always eventually led to her death. Then Piro and Largo show up, Largo restarts the 'game' that crashed by opening the Necrowombicon and reanimating dark magical girl Miho who decides that she can play both Piro and Largo's 'games'. That leads to Miho making choices she was never presented with before, including taking Piro 'between', helping budding MG Yuki discover her powers, saving Kimiko from her otaku fans, and sacrificing herself so that Piro could have the 'good end' with Kimi. So with the inclusion of Piro and Largo, Miho's story has gone far beyond the 'dying, sad girl' trope that she has been stuck with for so long. All of which could conceivably provide Miho with the 'new' fans that Piro said she needed.

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Late to the party, but I just wanted to say I love this page! I'd been waiting for Megumi to realize she's a kitsune, a straight-up, 9-tails, perky ears, magic brewing fox mother for 5 months since "The Heartbreak of Other People's Luck", and her shock is all I could have asked for.

Parenthetically, glasses guy was an idiot, and his decision to walk was very sad. Sad for him as much as Megumi, but his decision was his own and reflected the relational instincts of the hind end of a donkey. Too bad. He could have been a nice guy.
Just call me prissywings

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm

S1arburst wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 pm
Late to the party, but I just wanted to say I love this page! I'd been waiting for Megumi to realize she's a kitsune, a straight-up, 9-tails, perky ears, magic brewing fox mother for 5 months since "The Heartbreak of Other People's Luck", and her shock is all I could have asked for.

Parenthetically, glasses guy was an idiot, and his decision to walk was very sad. Sad for him as much as Megumi, but his decision was his own and reflected the relational instincts of the hind end of a donkey. Too bad. He could have been a nice guy.
There was true chemistry between them.

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm
Expand on that thought please? I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Just call me prissywings

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 am

S1arburst wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Alcohol is a potent chemical ;)

/s
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 am

cidjen wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:08 am
S1arburst wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Alcohol is a potent chemical ;)

/s
So is water for that matter and Piro has been in a lot of hot water the last few days.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 am
So is water for that matter and Piro has been in a lot of hot water the last few days.
I think Miho got a lot more than Piro did.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
jkhartl wrote:
[Picture]
But it wasn't hot...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 pm

paarfi wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm
jkhartl wrote:
[[Picture]
In the bath with Miho in chapter 11 and in the bath with Kimiko in chapter 12.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage