[1588] things left behind

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1588] things left behind

Post by paarfi » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Fred has posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Re: [1588] things left behind

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:10 am

This provides definitive proof to the question of whether or not Kimiko and Piro spent the night reading shampoo bottles and/or playing Mario Kart

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 am

Yeah, but what version of Mario Kart do you think?

I wonder who's bringing the clothes. Rule of funny could make it Megumi or maybe Ping. Maybe it's not the person bringing the clothes and it's Largo and Erika. Whoever it is, surely hilarity will ensue.

Fred's should be getting fewer bus driving hours, now that that college students have gone home. Hopefully he'll be able to get the comics out more frequently for a while.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:13 am

I figure that Ashe will be the one bringing the clothes. That's sort of her job there after all. I'd certainly not trust Ping to do that if I were running the place and grandmother will be running the front desk. IIRC Erika and Largo have no clue that anyone that they know is on the premises

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:13 am
IIRC Erika and Largo have no clue that anyone that they know is on the premises
True. But I'd counter than not having a clue has never stopped Largo before.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Mmmmmm nice page!!! — and back to Piro and Kimiko! =)

Thank you very much, Fred!

=)

@paarfi — #never stopped Largo before: LOL!!!
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

tambo

Post by tambo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:13 pm

Really glad that they're moving on to an adult relationship. Protracted sexual tension tends to jump the shark for me.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Once Piro sees Megumi's ears and tails the good ship PxK is going to flounder and sink :D

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 pm

I sense multiple orgasms.... :shock: You know, Grandma's enough of an agent of chaos to actually send Ping..... :ph34r:

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:52 pm

paarfi wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am
Invisigoth wrote:
In fact, I think it's one of his true strengths.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:12 pm

MORNING SEX IS A GO!
I REPEAT!!
MORNING SEX I A GO!!!

That would be what was reverberating in my mind that last comic frame if I were Piro.
Imagine that...
What if Teddy-Werebear was Piro...
What a wildly different comic it would be...

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:33 pm

Roamer wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:52 pm
paarfi wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:
Following that line of reasoning it was Largo who stayed up all night playing video games while Erika read the backs of shampoo bottles....

I feel mildly nauseous now.....

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:14 am

Good thing people leave clothing behind, otherwise Kimi would have to take that offer for a Lady Godiva -like event which her agent was about like 'i know you've not been in any adult production but just putting this out there'. With Piro as the bloody nightmare of the fans.

:) Thank you Fred, for the amazing page :)

@invisigoth I suppose Erika has now superpower enough to not have that happen ?

@yl33 d4 n00b until she discovers that the hotel has surveillance cameras, on an isolated network but not very well secured...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:24 am

I love the Mordor-phone in panel 1.

"Thank you for calling the Barad-dur Operations Center. Please listen carefully as our menu options have recently changed.
Satig ASH, daggog zi ta-folun. To continue in Westron, please press TWO."

I will no doubt take a lot of the-floor-is-lava level hear for this, but I still see no evidence whatsoever that Kimiko was "playing Miho" during the night's activities (whatever one believes them to have been), as so many were insisting was the case up till their last appearance in chapter 12.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

FONFON

Post by FONFON » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:45 pm

I have to admit, maybe Fred's purposefully leaving some bait but I can't help but think a wrench is about to be thrown into the nights festivities...

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm

Given the way Kimiko is looking at Piro, I suspect that it will be...

..."Round 2...FIGHT!!!" 😉
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

FONFON

Post by FONFON » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:54 am

Rapierman wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm
Given the way Kimiko is looking at Piro, I suspect that it will be...

..."Round 2...FIGHT!!!" 😉
Haha hopefully, its been 18 years in the making. ;)

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:25 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:12 pm
MORNING SEX IS A GO!
I REPEAT!!
MORNING SEX I A GO!!!

That would be what was reverberating in my mind that last comic frame if I were Piro.
Imagine that...
What if Teddy-Werebear was Piro...
Considering that would involve you having been in a serious relationship with Miho, a wildly different comic indeed. Kind of a different Teddy as well.
Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:33 pm
Roamer wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:52 pm
paarfi wrote:

Following that line of reasoning it was Largo who stayed up all night playing video games while Erika read the backs of shampoo bottles....

I feel mildly nauseous now.....
I think Fred's already established that Erika is a very effective cluebat where that particular kind of cluelessness is concerned.
darrin wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:24 am
I love the Mordor-phone in panel 1.

"Thank you for calling the Barad-dur Operations Center. Please listen carefully as our menu options have recently changed.
Satig ASH, daggog zi ta-folun. To continue in Westron, please press TWO."

I will no doubt take a lot of the-floor-is-lava level hear for this, but I still see no evidence whatsoever that Kimiko was "playing Miho" during the night's activities (whatever one believes them to have been), as so many were insisting was the case up till their last appearance in chapter 12.
I think their washing the dye out of Kimi's hair helped to sever that link. Also, pretty sure Kimi-zilla didn't want to be anybody but herself last night. And if you're wondering why I'm calling her by Erika's nickname, take another look at her face in that last panel. Piro has no idea what he's gotten himself into...but at least he's going to enjoy the introduction.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Roamer wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:25 am
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Considering that would involve you having been in a serious relationship with Miho, a wildly different comic indeed. Kind of a different Teddy as well.
Ha-ha! Got 'im!
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:47 pm

It's generally good policy to never attempt to write yourself into MegaTokyo because Fred will do very bad things to you there. It's his world after all

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:47 pm
It's generally good policy to never attempt to write yourself into MegaTokyo because Fred will do very bad things to you there. It's his world after all
Fred *likes* kitsune. :D

doesn't he? :ph34r:

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:47 pm

maldrul wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:04 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you're safe... :ph34r:

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:47 pm
maldrul wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:

Might want to consider what you mean by safe. So far, we've only seen three kitsune in detail.

Komugiko gets treated like crap by her family, is friends with Miho which is no picnic, and gets injured trying to protect her students. Also, she's fallen in love with a rogue ninja, which probably isn't going to be smooth sailing.

Yaku gets horrified by her grandmother threatening her mom, then is traumatized by being kidnapped and held hostage by a ninja clan. Pretty sure PTSD and therapy are in her future, and it's sure to affect her writing.

Megumi has spent the entirety of the MT run trying to reach her dream of being a voice actress (and escape the family business) only to reject it when she sees the reality of the life and how it hurts her friends. Plus Fred has spent the entire last in-game day psychologically, emotionally, and physically thrashing her to the point where she finally breaks through to become the nine-tail the city fears.

I do think Fred likes them. But seriously, I think you'd be safer in MT as a 'Zilla wrangler, or a rookie TPCD officer, than as a kitsune.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:04 am

Roamer wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:39 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
maldrul wrote:

Might want to consider what you mean by safe. So far, we've only seen three kitsune in detail.

Komugiko gets treated like crap by her family, is friends with Miho which is no picnic, and gets injured trying to protect her students. Also, she's fallen in love with a rogue ninja, which probably isn't going to be smooth sailing.

Yaku gets horrified by her grandmother threatening her mom, then is traumatized by being kidnapped and held hostage by a ninja clan. Pretty sure PTSD and therapy are in her future, and it's sure to affect her writing.

Megumi has spent the entirety of the MT run trying to reach her dream of being a voice actress (and escape the family business) only to reject it when she sees the reality of the life and how it hurts her friends. Plus Fred has spent the entire last in-game day psychologically, emotionally, and physically thrashing her to the point where she finally breaks through to become the nine-tail the city fears.

I do think Fred likes them. But seriously, I think you'd be safer in MT as a 'Zilla wrangler, or a rookie TPCD officer, than as a kitsune.
To summarize, be an ST Redshirt or a SW Stormtrooper if you're looking for a comparatively safe position

Oh, you forgot Ashe who is congenitally deaf and has serious dental problems that have required her to have a full set of dental implants. And then there's Chokky....

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:58 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:04 am
Roamer wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:39 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

To summarize, be an ST Redshirt or a SW Stormtrooper if you're looking for a comparatively safe position

Oh, you forgot Ashe who is congenitally deaf and has serious dental problems that have required her to have a full set of dental implants. And then there's Chokky....
Ashe hasn't been around that long, and I wasn't aware of the dental problems. *Is* Chokky a kitsune? No tail, and those don't look like fox ears..