[1587] problem multiplication

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Rapierman

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Rapierman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Okay, Megumi....

1. To start with, lose the bowtie and college sweater. You're not gonna win with that.
2. Look behind you. Your problems just multiplied. Happy?
3. Quit acting like you're so damn desperate. There are some advantages to being a tease before you go jumping into the deep end.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:32 pm

If the spell that bound and hid her true nature is broken now as I believe it to be then Megu can wear a nuns habit and she'll have no problems.

Also, she's NOT acting like she's desperate because she really is desperate. Every date is coitus interruptus before the coitus can even start.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Lingman wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 am
I'll bet Erika, Largo and Junpi can all see them too.
Virtually any non-mundane should be able to, unless she's hiding them. In which case only those of great power or special immunity (Ninjas?) will be able to.
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:20 pm
And we are still not sure Megumi knows she has manifested her 9 tails for 100% sure?
Does she know she has become a mystical supernova waiting to happen with a cute face and rockin hot bod?
And she is annoyed this morning on top of being sexually frustrated.
Glad I am not a character in this webcomic for like the first time ever.
I would still risk dismemberment to be Megumi's cuddle bear though...
Not 100%, but pretty sure...although that last panel sure looks like a commentary about her new status, doesn't it? And if she slams that door too quickly, she'll know for sure, and so will the rest of the building.
Nope, she has no clue about that. Amazing, isn't it?
Yup!
Hell, this looks like it could be fun, really. I sense a damsel soon-to-be-in-distress!
You can bat cleanup and report back to the forum if she actually does the dismembering bit with me. Make sure to describe the bloody parts in detail for Maldrul.
Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 pm
My head canon, based on what I know for sure and what I can deduce is that Megumi shocked her mother and grandmother by being a nine tailed kit at birth and frequently and quite rapidly phase shifting between that form and being a cute little girl baby. The few Elder kitsune who were aware arranged to have her locked into human form in order to keep the peace and then conveniently neglected to let her know.

Parallel her current manifestation we have Miho being implanted with a pacemaker and thus being for lack of a better term undying. At that point Moeko could contact Miho because Miho didn't die.

It all ties together and Grandmother 8 Tail probably has a lot of explaining to do.

Other things that are to be considered. Mugi's mother, a powerful 5 tail, booted Mugi out on to the streets when she was a terrified teen and pregnant with Yaku. Megumi helped Mugi when that happened. I'm suspecting that 5 tailed bitch is going to be soiling her fluffs when she hears about this....
All of the origin is reasonable up to the point about 'neglecting to tell her'. They veer sharply into WTF? territory at that point, unless her being aware of her status would make her a target in some way...

So you think the Moeko/Miho combo is her antagonist. Yeah, I'm leaning that way as well. The timing is just too tight, and there's nothing else that seems likely to be a class S threat in MT right now.

And we already knew Mugi's mom was a waste of fur, but yeah, that's a fun image.
Arent wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:30 pm
Voyager wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:30 pm
In fact, I just realized how to do it too: set her up with a minder who is about her age, single, scores high in empathy, and is unquestioningly loyal to the TPCD. Bonus if he competes at a high amateur level in at least one martial art, but if he's TPCD, he has to be proficient in them, and I'm sure she'd be very happy to encourage it.

Advise him to maintain close contact with her, especially during her adjustment to the new situation, and then first, advise both of them that close relationships are discouraged, then keep sending agents who ended up happily married to their targets to interact with them in both official and unofficial settings.
I'm pretty sure Dom and Ed are still single :shock:
I'm not sure which of them would score lower on empathy...I still suspect Dom is a control for Stability, so his might actually be negative in game terms...

In fact, I doubt that you would find many high-empathy people in the TCPD at all, given the nature of the work. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 pm

Well, given what we see from what's happening to Chokky in Tokyo Threat Documentation Project https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/t ... _no=417973 even Masamichi is really very low empathy and he's one of the better ones as far as we can tell

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 pm
Well, given what we see from what's happening to Chokky in Tokyo Threat Documentation Project https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/t ... _no=417973 even Masamichi is really very low empathy and he's one of the better ones as far as we can tell
People with relatively high empathy tend to avoid jobs where you are likely to have to use violence on a semi-regular basis. Normal cops don't really have to deal out serious injury or death unless they get very unlucky. TCPD is more like SWAT or special forces; as an unofficial motto of Special Forces goes, 'We do a lot of things we wish we didn't have to'.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am

There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am
There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi
Yeah, that's just what MT needs, Piro the harem protagonist. Just wait a few more years for Yuki to grow up..... 8-)

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Yeah, that's just what MT needs, Piro the harem protagonist. Just wait a few more years for Yuki to grow up..... 8-)
Last I saw Largo was pursuing Yuki.......

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Arent wrote:
True, but I hardly think either of them "scores high in empathy", let alone any loyalty to TPCD.

(Oops, missed a page - I'm with Roamer on that one)

For my money she hasn't noticed. Someone at the Foxhole will. Problems will continue to multiply.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
I would say, probably not. Megumi has all the raw power she's ever likely to need, and then some. I think what she needs is someone warm, to be comfortable around, who she doesn't feel the need to always watch over.

She spends a lot of her time and energy taking care of other people and straightening them out, and she needs a home base where she does not need to do that, and can just relax.

Arent

Post by Arent » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Ningen 2 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Arent wrote:
True, but I hardly think either of them "scores high in empathy", let alone any loyalty to TPCD.
Obviously that was a joke.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:11 pm

Voyager wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
I would say, probably not. Megumi has all the raw power she's ever likely to need, and then some. I think what she needs is someone warm, to be comfortable around, who she doesn't feel the need to always watch over.

She spends a lot of her time and energy taking care of other people and straightening them out, and she needs a home base where she does not need to do that, and can just relax.
Agreed. She needs a partner. Not a dependant who needs to be taken care of.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:27 pm

So...any predictions about what actually happened between Piro and Nanasawa? This being P+N, the most absurd possibility is the most likely. If they did read shampoo bottles all night, Megumi might just lock them in a closet. An extradimensional closet.

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:37 pm

Here's my prediction for the next strip, provided it's the continuation of Megumi's morning: unless she actually turns around to close the door behind her, she's about to get a big dose of reality really fast as she slams the door and catches her nine tails.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:29 pm

Eraden wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:37 pm
Here's my prediction for the next strip, provided it's the continuation of Megumi's morning: unless she actually turns around to close the door behind her, she's about to get a big dose of reality really fast as she slams the door and catches her nine tails.
Yep. And if she's cloaking the ears & tail - knowingly or not - she may get questions about why the back of her skirt is perched in midair.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Roamer wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:11 pm
Voyager wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:

Piro has been wrangling Largo for years and actually got a real job and a place for the two of them to live. Being an otaku doesn't mean he's totally feckless<is that the right word> so once again he's being underestimated.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:09 pm
Roamer wrote:
Voyager wrote:

Piro has been wrangling Largo for years and actually got a real job and a place for the two of them to live. Being an otaku doesn't mean he's totally feckless<is that the right word> so once again he's being underestimated.
Oh, agreed. My comment was specifically in response to Voyager's, and not aimed at Piro. Anybody who can Largo-wrangle isn't helpless. But from the way she talks about him to herself, It's pretty apparent that Megumi doesn't really have all that high an opinion of him. Which is actually kind of odd, given the way he stepped up at Anna Miller's. Then again, he really doesn't seem to be too assertive about sex, which is an area where she is anything but shy.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:39 pm

After doing some rereading, I think this chapter is going to be about Megumi (and maybe some other people) answering Grandmother's question from [1545]: What are you worth if no one loves you? Megumi's currently in Grandma's love hotel, literally surrounded by couples who love each other - Piro/Nanasawa, Largo/Erika, Ping/Junko. And yet she's alone. And with how last night ended, she's more painfully aware of this than ever.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:58 am

Roamer wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:27 pm
This being P+N, the most absurd possibility is the most likely.
MegaTokyo -- the only statistical environment in which antimodes are more important than the modes.

Of course (as any of TPCD's number crunchers will tell you) recursion can rapidly ruin any attempted analysis: if a particular outcome is the least likely, then it is actually the most likely, which means it is the least likely, which...

And if parts of your anatomy you didn't know you possessed can manipulate space-time around you in response to subconscious drives you were previously unaware of... Megumi is about to get a rude introduction to the problems of tail recursion. 8-)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:43 am

darrin wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:58 am
Roamer wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:27 pm
This being P+N, the most absurd possibility is the most likely.
MegaTokyo -- the only statistical environment in which antimodes are more important than the modes.

Of course (as any of TPCD's number crunchers will tell you) recursion can rapidly ruin any attempted analysis: if a particular outcome is the least likely, then it is actually the most likely, which means it is the least likely, which...

And if parts of your anatomy you didn't know you possessed can manipulate space-time around you in response to subconscious drives you were previously unaware of... Megumi is about to get a rude introduction to the problems of tail recursion. 8-)
This is the best take ever!

I'm still convinced however that even if we never see it in the comic that there's going to be a fair number of multi-tails who'll soil their floofers once word gets out. Not to mention the amount of vinyl chair upholstery that gets sucked up the nether regions of higher ups in the TPCD. The pucker factor will be over 9000!

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:49 am

Roamer wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:09 pm
Roamer wrote:

Oh, agreed. My comment was specifically in response to Voyager's, and not aimed at Piro. Anybody who can Largo-wrangle isn't helpless. But from the way she talks about him to herself, It's pretty apparent that Megumi doesn't really have all that high an opinion of him. Which is actually kind of odd, given the way he stepped up at Anna Miller's. Then again, he really doesn't seem to be too assertive about sex, which is an area where she is anything but shy.
Well, the other thing is, different people have different needs, and need different things for a partner, and Megumi is very much not the same sort of person as Kimiko is, and really has a different set of interests and needs. While I seem to recall Megumi, early in the series wanting to get into acting, I strongly suspect if she did, she would find she hated the industry with the burning passion of a thousand fiery suns, whereas Kimiko seems to be rather enjoying it.