[1583] the heartbreak of other people's luck

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Ningen 2

Re: [1583] the heartbreak of other people's luck

Post by Ningen 2 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:53 pm

piro wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:45 am
I'm going to do one more TTDP then get cracking on the next chapter.

Fredrin
Yay!

I mean I'm thoroughly enjoying TTPD, but at the end of the day MT is what keeps me coming back.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 am

darrin wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 am
Roamer wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 am
The north star was useful because it was a fixed reference point for navigation.
The important point is that it gave information about the external world, as opposed to "Whatever direction I am facing must be north, because my nose and my gut never steer me wrong."
And in the past, Teddy was right in that Miho was at that time the clear and present danger. Given that she just destroyed most of a wing of a hospital,
[...] she is still a potential danger
Lots of people would be "right" to call Miho a "potential danger". I would never argue against calling her a potential danger. Miho being a "potential danger" is not a specific prediction of TWB's model, but rather that is she is intrinsically and irredeemably evil, that all of the events of "danger and destruction" around her are deliberate and of malicious intent.

Pointing to a particular incident in which destruction took place and singling TWB out as being "right" in such a case is ignoring the core elements of what TWB himself is claiming to be right about: not the destruction per se but the evil and malicious intent behind it. This is actually worse than a "stopped clock is right twice a day" fallacy: not only should the model be considered to make a failed prediction every time Miho is _not_ involved in a destructive (or otherwise "evil") event, it should fail in a case like this if she was motivated not by desire to destroy, but by panic and terror and (assuming she was telling the truth to Kimiko about her backstory) a desire to reduce the threat to surrounding people (i.e. cause superficial damage to a hospital corridor as opposed to sticking around and watching people who "love" her get hurt or killed).

Am I 100% sure that she was telling the truth to Kimiko, and that she was terrified rather than malicious in the hospital? Of course not, I'd say 85% - 95% or thereabouts. But the situation isn't symmetric; I don't have a model that claims Miho is "intrinsically and incorruptibly good", so I don't need the numbers to be 100%. More important (at least in my opinion), my assessment of her is subject to being updated as new events unfold in the comic; there are lots and lots and lots of things that could easily make me realize, "Hmm, this would suggest Miho is worse than I had been giving her credit for." Is the same true of TWB's "model"? It's fine to have a "schtick", but if the schtick is independent of anything Fred himself could do in the comic, then personally I don't get it.
darrin, I'm not claiming that Teddy is right; I'm saying he has a justifiable position to argue from. Everybody wants to claim that he's just stuck in this mode for whatever reason and won't change, but the fact is that based on the information we've seen so far his arguments are internally logical and, from some viewpoints, completely reasonable. Yes, thinking of her as actually Evil would require her to be a pathological liar, but she's already displayed this trait to some degree with Piro in the online chats as well as in Endgames.

I sometimes agree with some of his positions based on the currently available information but that's not the same thing as thinking he or I are in any way correct in our surmises. I mostly don't agree with him at this point regarding Miho, but again, watching her powers cause the destruction of a school despite her clear intent to avoid it makes for a powerful argument that she is a force for chaos, willing or not.

(I haven't even posted what I think might be happening with Megumi and why it's terribly important in all the above, just because that's not how the conversation went in this forum topic and I didn't want to hijack it.)

If anything, what worries me is the degree of strain she's under plus her age and the fact that the entire pattern of her life has been fractured by Piro's actions. Evil or not, she has shown the ability to almost wreck the city. Given her age she cannot be sane by any standard we could understand. How much stress can she take before she cracks? And if she does, who does she lash out at?

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:49 pm

Roamer wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:40 am
darrin, I'm not claiming that Teddy is right;
I'm not claiming Teddy is "wrong", so that's fine.
I'm saying he has a justifiable position to argue from. [...]the fact is that based on the information we've seen so far his arguments are internally logical and, from some viewpoints, completely reasonable.
What I am claiming is that the position above depends very strongly on one's definition of "logical" and "reasonable". TWB also insists that "it is only logical", where "it" is
TWB wrote: Miho is still psionic vampire succubus from the 237th layer of the Abyss skinwalking as a goth girl. She is the enemy of all that is good in life and needs to be destroyed.
What I AM claiming is that what you've got there mate is an AXIOM -- a single axiom without any supporting justification or any useful derived conclusions. It is "logical" in the same sense that 0 is a vector space; yes fine it's a "logical" system, but only (mathematically) trivially so.
watching her powers cause the destruction of a school despite her clear intent to avoid it makes for a powerful argument that she is a force for chaos, willing or not.
(emphasis added). Except there is no "or not" in TWB's model, there is no consideration given to other alternatives because there simply ARE no alternatives. You're adding conditionals to a claim that originally had none whatsoever, indeed refuses to admit any conditionals whatsoever, and then using that to debunk my issues with the original unconditional claim.

I'm not trying to argue against EVERYONE's theory of Miho; heck I'm not even arguing against Teddy-Werebear's axiom about Miho, he's free to believe whatever the flamenco he wants about Miho after all. All I'm claiming is that "the information we've seen so far" -- nearly 1600 comics, a large fraction of which contain at least something about Miho -- is consistent with more than one assumptions about her morality and motivation, that there's at least SOME room for debate about what Miho wants and what she might do to get it. I'm claiming that calling a model "justifiable", "logical", and "reasonable" that insists only ONE such assumption has any weight, that ALL OTHER possible models for her motivations are ruled out absolutely, is a misuse of the terms "justifiable", "logical", and "reasonable".
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:26 am

I do appreciate that both Roamer and Darrin appear to be students of Socratic Illingus.

darrin

Post by darrin » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:40 pm

Like those tinfoil dudes on Star Trek said, "Intelligent converse is impossible. You do not discuss, you gibber." And whatever "illingus" I have is Bayesian, not Socratic.
paarfi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Don't ever change, Teddy. :ph34r:
"Omnia mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis." -- Charles Xavier

One more quote to try to get back on topic (my apologies for once again getting distracted by the Minor Ursa :P)
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Trouble is all three of the women under discussion have been scorned one way or another.
Miho -- assuming she was telling the truth to Kimiko, she's been "prolonged" for many more decades, perhaps centuries, than a normal person. She knows she can't let people love her or they die -- but being human (to whatever extent) she can't always help it (Piro). When she does lower her guard and tries to reconnect normally with the human race it is never well received. Pain does bad things to a person, prolonged pain even more so. Rather than the "Miho is evil and must be destroyed no matter what" bullshit, a better analogy might be Me from Doctor Who; no matter how good your initial intentions, things tend to fade away after enough time; you just want to stay out of it all because either you'll get hurt or someone else will.

Moeko -- she seems bubbly enough, but is that because she's ok, or because being kept in a coma for however long has caused anything up to a psychotic break? The analogy here would seem to be someone kept in solitary confinement, which is known to have damaging effects on even the healthiest (initially) people.

Megumi -- Too many questions. Did she know she was a foxgirl, and has been deliberately hiding it? Was the concealment forced on her (the other foxfolk say), even to the extent of concealing it from her somehow? Or is this her first manifestation, and even the family didn't know for sure? Megumi has for the most part been the classic reliable under pressure type... but it's always been other peoples' pressure, and there have at least been hints that a lot of the pent-up frustration she's dealing with isn't simply "I want a (ninja) boyfriend"; that's just a superficial symptom.

The Bayesian approach would say that the most attention should be directed at the choice you have the least information about. So at this point, I'm agreeing with those above that said Megumi is the one to watch out for right now, no matter how "powerful" you think Miho or Moeko have been in the past. Not that I think Megumi is a bad person by any stretch (on the contrary, she's been one of the better in the comic: a consistently reliable friend to Kimiko, someone who will help a stranger (Ping) in need, etc). And not that I think she will necessarily do something bad with whatever new powers she has, even given those pent-up frustrations.

But it seems obvious there will be a struggle of some kind. And unless you're in the North Star camp that thinks Miho and Moeko have always been lying about everything, we at least know something about those two.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:44 pm

darrin wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:40 pm
Like those tinfoil dudes on Star Trek said, "Intelligent converse is impossible. You do not discuss, you gibber." And whatever "illingus" I have is Bayesian, not Socratic.
You follow the wisdom of Michael Bay? :roll:

darrin

Post by darrin » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:44 pm
You follow the wisdom of Michael Bay? :roll:
No, Thomas. Like the muffins (also English).

EDIT:
Although, full disclosure, brutally honest blah blah blah, gotta admit that sometimes the level of discourse on this subtopic makes me kinda wanna blow some shit up.

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Here's what I am worried about.....we have come to an ominous fork in the road with regards to Megumi. If her failure at making a go of relationships is simply due to blind luck of the bad kind, there is a possibility that she arises as a potentially good force for Megatokyo IF she is able to shrug the string of misfortunes off. If, however, her misfortunes were the result of other individuals/entities messing with her life, AND she finds out about it, she may become a spirit of vengeance. A potentially VERY destructive one. In the past I have made it clear that I sit in Invisigoth's camp in that I believe that Great Granny is responsible for Megumi's misfortunes, either directly or indirectly. I now must say, as we watch the situation begin to unfold, that I really hope that Invisigoth and I are wrong. I really don't want to see Megumi become a malicious monster. I don't want her to devolve into a state that makes her little more than the "Final Boss" that needs to be defeated by Erika/Miho/Moeko. I am hoping for a better future for that plucky girl. She's been a rock for so many other people to lean on up to this point. It's time that she gets to see her own bright future.

darrin

Post by darrin » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Eraden wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:49 pm
we have come to an ominous fork in the road with regards to Megumi.
Very well put.

The more I have thought about it today, the more I see three stages that will need to be worked (more likely struggled) through:

a) What is Megumi now physically capable of?

b) What subset of a) will Megumi actually do, in the heat of the moment (where admittedly we don't really know yet what such a moment will be :o)?

c) What will she feel about b) once she gets herself "back under control" (assuming she does get herself back under control :shock:)?

It would be nice if any of those 3 ended up being relatively simple / painless... but somehow I am not inclined to bet that way... :cry:

At the risk of diving back into the ol' Can o' Worms, Miho has also been involved with, or even caused, some pretty crazy things, some of which she has later expressed regret of sorts over. Might end up being a potential bridge between the two characters (beyond Mugi herself of course).

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:53 pm

Eraden wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:49 pm
(snip) In the past I have made it clear that I sit in Invisigoth's camp in that I believe that Great Granny is responsible for Megumi's misfortunes, either directly or indirectly. I now must say, as we watch the situation begin to unfold, that I really hope that Invisigoth and I are wrong. I really don't want to see Megumi become a malicious monster. I don't want her to devolve into a state that makes her little more than the "Final Boss" that needs to be defeated by Erika/Miho/Moeko. I am hoping for a better future for that plucky girl. She's been a rock for so many other people to lean on up to this point. It's time that she gets to see her own bright future.
If it's any consolation: I get the feeling that Invisigoth represents the dark side of what Fred mutters in private about the story, its fans, and life in general. On the one hand, that makes it true to a very significant degree. But on the other hand, MT might be best described as an intersection/collision of multiple protagonists who all* believe they're doing the right thing, and that what they think is The Truth. You know, "humans". (^_~)

All of these protagonists exist within Fred's mind, and he gives them almost complete freedom to do as they see best - whether the results are "good" or "bad" for themselves, others, and The Story as it were**. But as in life, that freedom is limited by the free choices of the others. (And to a degree far less than in life, the establishment that has a vested interest in the status quo and will fight to keep it.) So even if the dark side of Megatokyo is bent on ruin, and will do its best to make that so, that doesn't mean it can't be subverted or overcome.

* - Except Piro, who usually consciously believes he's awful but subconsciously believes the above even more strongly than anyone except Largo. Which is, perhaps, even more human.
** - Maybe this concept could be summed up in a single apparent typo: Freddom. (^_~)
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:56 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 pm
paarfi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:02 pm
Eraden wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm
why does Teddy think that Miho is the fount of all evil?
It's been Teddy's schtick, err firmly held opinion for as long as I've been on the forum. He's the one constant here. Don't ever change, Teddy. :ph34r:
Don't encourage him/her/it
Not sure of this is some sort of corollary to Napoleon's advice ("Never forbid that which you have no power to prevent"), but it's not possible to encourage that which no earthly power can affect. (^_~)

~~~~~

(emphasis added)
Roamer wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 am
Oh, I fear the olde evil well enough. But there's considerable danger in a young new power that doesn't understand the harm they can do. Miho is old, and has come close to destroying the city before and had that go very badly. While she might bend it into a pretzel for fun, I doubt she wants to break it. But a nine tail Kitsune? From the legends she could destroy the city without realizing she's going that far, and likely in more than one way.
Yutaka aka Chewtoy can definitely attest to the bolded part. And Miho's conversations with Yuki and her dad both attest to Miho understanding that while fire is warm when it's cold and can kill pathogens in your food, it's also very dangerous when uncontrolled.

~~~~~
darrin wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 am
Roamer wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 am
The north star was useful because it was a fixed reference point for navigation.
The important point is that it gave information about the external world, as opposed to "Whatever direction I am facing must be north, because my nose and my gut never steer me wrong."
Teddy, the Nose Star. (^_~) Although in this case it might be more of a "Miho saved a kitten from being run over by a car? Obviously it's part of a foul plot to make the owner of the car feel bad."
And in the past, Teddy was right in that Miho was at that time the clear and present danger. Given that she just destroyed most of a wing of a hospital,
[...] she is still a potential danger
Lots of people would be "right" to call Miho a "potential danger". I would never argue against calling her a potential danger. Miho being a "potential danger" is not a specific prediction of TWB's model, but rather that is she is intrinsically and irredeemably evil, that all of the events of "danger and destruction" around her are deliberate and of malicious intent.

Pointing to a particular incident in which destruction took place and singling TWB out as being "right" in such a case is ignoring the core elements of what TWB himself is claiming to be right about: not the destruction per se but the evil and malicious intent behind it. This is actually worse than a "stopped clock is right twice a day" fallacy: not only should the model be considered to make a failed prediction every time Miho is _not_ involved in a destructive (or otherwise "evil") event, it should fail in a case like this if she was motivated not by desire to destroy, but by panic and terror and (assuming she was telling the truth to Kimiko about her backstory) a desire to reduce the threat to surrounding people (i.e. cause superficial damage to a hospital corridor as opposed to sticking around and watching people who "love" her get hurt or killed).

Am I 100% sure that she was telling the truth to Kimiko, and that she was terrified rather than malicious in the hospital? Of course not, I'd say 85% - 95% or thereabouts. But the situation isn't symmetric; I don't have a model that claims Miho is "intrinsically and incorruptibly good", so I don't need the numbers to be 100%. More important (at least in my opinion), my assessment of her is subject to being updated as new events unfold in the comic; there are lots and lots and lots of things that could easily make me realize, "Hmm, this would suggest Miho is worse than I had been giving her credit for." Is the same true of TWB's "model"? It's fine to have a "schtick", but if the schtick is independent of anything Fred himself could do in the comic, then personally I don't get it.
+1.

~~~~~
darrin wrote:
Like those tinfoil dudes on Star Trek said, "Intelligent converse is impossible. You do not discuss, you gibber."
I always thought of them as the "dudes sitting under a black comforter adorned with Xmas tree lights" - did I just have bad reception, or was that one of the worst special effects of STNG (up there with original series)?
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:59 pm

arimareiji wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:56 pm
darrin wrote:
Like those tinfoil dudes on Star Trek said, "Intelligent converse is impossible. You do not discuss, you gibber."
I always thought of them as the "dudes sitting under a black comforter adorned with Xmas tree lights" - did I just have bad reception, or was that one of the worst special effects of STNG (up there with original series)?
Well explicitly calling them "The Sheliak Corporate" would have been too nerdy / pendantic for the riff I was going for, and I needed a one-word summary of their costume, so no, you're not wrong in any way I can see. :lol: (But in case anyone asks that was actually one of the decent episodes, in the "writing is well ahead of the effects" category.)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Uh,
i have a feeling, we're all missing something,

(When data=reality does not match expectations=imagination, people are unable to see the truth in the data/don't _ever_ believe their eyes, it's apparently proven mechanism... i.e. SEP field is real ;) )
SpoilerShow
like, I have been looking for kitchen scissors for last week and could not see them under the pile of utensils in the drawer, because they NORMALLY sit on top of the pile, not under...
Undoubted Data is:
Megumi just had a really bad day, in her own mind.
Don't we all have states like this, thinking, if I could get up now, I would break stuff, but I feel too tired/i better don't/it's not my room?
I think she just doesn't realize what she is, she's never been told what she can be (and I don't /really/ think anyone else knows).
Back in [1466], remember, she was caught in the middle of a discharge of a anti-tank missile... Yet she didn't manifest then?

That, or she's a fan of Kitsune Genre Manga and she's just imagining herself being One Powerful Fox. If only she could get up from bed and wreak havoc...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:34 am

Ok, after pondering these ideas since 1583 came out, I decided to post my thoughts. At this stage these are all extrapolations. Yet Megumi seems poised to take on a much larger role in the comic in the future, so I've decided that putting the ideas out there would be useful, for a starting point of considering that future if nothing else. Also, I really hope I'm wrong about much of this, but as several of you have noticed, I tend to assume worst-case scenarios and build from there. So maybe you can convince me that I'm wrong about the grimmer parts of what follows.

====

The title is was got me started. And the pic of Megumi curled up on the bed. (BTW, ow, Fred. Feels.) We have proof that she's a nine-tail, as powerful as a Kitsune gets, and yet her luck seems amazingly bad. But that title....when you think about it, *her* luck is terrible, but the luck of those around her is uniformly good. Ping stumbles into the one love hotel where a young AI could have a heartfelt discussion about love, sex, and friendship. Junko manages to avoid meeting her date until she knows more, and also avoids blowing up her reationship with Ping (and maybe blowing Ping up as well). Piro and Kimiko badly need to escape and find a hideout, and they stumble across the one person who can realistically provide it, Junpei being otherwise occupied. Miho tears apart the school and no one is badly hurt ...except Komugiko. Junpei is hurt fighting her, but the damage is all superficial, not even any broken bones. She meets a guy who she likes, and he manages to get a call from the amazingly abusive girl he dotes on at exactly the wrong moment.
SpoilerShow
(MANGA REFERENCE) Seriously, take notice of the stunning upperclassman who used to run the school art club. Ask her out.
Aside from whatever else they can do...do Kitsune bend luck for other people? Does this rebound on them, damaging their own luck? The only luck for her I saw today was in having Junpei show up just in time to keep her from getting shot. So maybe her luck will only protect her from actual physical harm. Why?

Based on what it's doing to Megumi this *can't* be an effect without some kind of defense or powerful Kitsune would never actually have kids.

Who in MT is most likely to be resistant to this kind of ability? Who picked up the contract to hunt a kitsune? Ninjas....one of whom Megumi showed a very strong, very out of character attraction to. Are powerful ninjas resistant to kitsune abilities? It would make sense for the ninjas to work to nullify a power that can affect others in a protective way. The kitsune may or may not know it, but it's likely that they can sense the inability to affect someone.

Are the Kitsune a MT monitoring and control mechanism for Magical Girls? Whenever a MG loses it, there seems to be a Kitsune or two nearby, and things don't usually seem to go too badly, aside from Masamichi complaining about overtime. The one exception we hear about is when the TPCD 'Almost lost the city' when Miho went too far. But that wasn't her out of control, just playing with the system in a new way. Did the MT system spawn the nine-tails as an anti-MG defense? If so, were they spawned after what Miho did?

We have both a new, young, powerful and nervous Magical Girl, and a young, brash and spunky three-tail Kitsune, hanging out together. What are the odds? Destined to be best of friends? Maybe Yaku can keep Yukata healthy enough to actually date?

Do all of the hybrids have talents like this? Is this why Masamichi is recruiting Chokky to manage the other hybrids? Strangling this line of thought for now, this is already kind of long, but Fred's new comic presents interesting thoughts here.

If the system did spawn the nine-tails following Miho's attempt at system control, all the 'older' nine-tails are ghosts in the machine, and Megumi is the first actual nine-tail. Why do that? By definition anything that powerful is itself some degree of danger to the system's stability. Why take the risk?

Maybe because for the first time a Magical Girl is lending her power directly to an analogue, and the system fears the consequences?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am

Roamer just won the thread. Seriously the best analysis of what's going on that has been posted here in a very long time. I personally believe the Ninja and the kitsune to be offsetting forces though not necessarily a direct balance.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:19 pm

darrin wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:26 pm
Although, full disclosure, brutally honest blah blah blah, gotta admit that sometimes the level of discourse on this subtopic makes me kinda wanna blow some shit up.
I hear ya!

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:00 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am
Roamer just won the thread. Seriously the best analysis of what's going on that has been posted here in a very long time. I personally believe the Ninja and the kitsune to be offsetting forces though not necessarily a direct balance.
Offsetting, yea, but never in a direct balance. The different forces and groups in MT make chaos theory look nice and simple; in a multi-faceted environment with shifting alliances and amazingly varied abilities you need to be flexible. Purely offsetting forces would be too fragile against other opponents. My suspicion is that virtually all the in-costume Ninja are paper tigers. Certainly they fight like that. They are there to distract from the real Ninjas, the ones hidden behind all the paper-tiger ninjas - like Junpei's family - and the Ninja who hide in plain sight, like Junpei. Although the man himself is clearly more of a renegade from the Ninja ranks. (I really want to see his family's faces when they find out he's dating a kitsune.)

Thanks for the compliment. I will be amused if I waited too long to post my ideas and nobody else reads the thread.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:10 am

You are not amused.

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 am

Roamer wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:34 am
We have both a new, young, powerful and nervous Magical Girl, and a young, brash and spunky three-tail Kitsune, hanging out together. What are the odds? Destined to be best of friends? Maybe Yaku can keep Yukata healthy enough to actually date?
Bit of a side note, but sorry, when did Yuki and Yakugashi hang out? They are at the same hospital but I can't get the search ninja to give me evidence they've ever met.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 am

darrin wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 am
Roamer wrote:
Bit of a side note, but sorry, when did Yuki and Yakugashi hang out? They are at the same hospital but I can't get the search ninja to give me evidence they've ever met.
According to their uniforms they go to different schools so they probably have not met yet. The way things are going they may all end up at the Fox Hole with everyone else.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:11 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 am
The way things are going they may all end up at the Fox Hole with everyone else.
Oh no argument there. (I was mainly checking I hadn't missed something, which happens enough that I couldn't be sure. :D)

At this point the only MT regular I'd be willing to bet won't show up at the Fox Hole any time soon would be Trent Oster.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 pm

darrin wrote:
Roamer wrote:
Hm. You're right, they haven't yet. Shows what comes of 2am intuitive leaps, I guess.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:43 pm

darrin wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:11 pm
jkhartl wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 am
The way things are going they may all end up at the Fox Hole with everyone else.
At this point the only MT regular I'd be willing to bet won't show up at the Fox Hole any time soon would be Trent Oster.
Trent sorta looks like Paisen..... :ninja:

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:06 am

Roamer wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 pm
darrin wrote:
Roamer wrote:
Hm. You're right, they haven't yet. Shows what comes of 2am intuitive leaps, I guess.
And I can't edit the original post to give Darrin credit for noticing my mistake. The weird thing is, I could *picture* the comics in which they interacted, even though they never happened - so even reviewing it before posting didn't catch it. Even weirder, Invisigoth didn't catch it either. I hope I'm not channeling Fred or predicting future comics; given the way my brain works, I don't think anyone here wants to read 'Megatokyo 2077'.

Although Megumi would be spectacular as a hard-edged corp fixer, with her abilities making her a huge asset in megacorp infighting...

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:45 am

friendpicksd wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:11 am
did she hide those nine tails?
Well they were hidden....