New To MEGATOKYO

bgm.nyc

New To MEGATOKYO

Post by bgm.nyc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:36 pm

When I was a kid, I would say 12-14 years old, I was in a Barns and Noble. I was going through the Manga section and came across MEGATOKYO. I sat down and began reading it and I was instantly captivated by it. I loved the story and the style. I didn't have the money to buy it at the time, albeit I was 12-14 years old. Ever since then I have been searching for it up and down with much failure.

About a few weeks ago, now 21, I decided to try to search for it and vaguely remembered that it had Tokyo in the title and it was a Web Comic. After scrolling for a bit I finally found it! I bought Vol. 1 & 2 on Amazon and I haven't dropped the book since. I am almost done with Book 1, just finished chapter 0.

I want to express my appreciation to Fred and the whole team behind MEGATOKYO that I have spent literally years tracking down to read. I have fallen in love with all of the characters and the story keeps me on the edge of my seat! So, I am happy to be apart of the MEGATOKYO crew!

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: New To MEGATOKYO

Post by paarfi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 am

Welcome. Glad to have you. Most discussion of the comic itself takes place in the Story Discussion section of this forum. We're typically talking about the latest comic that Fred has done, but we'd be happy to talk earlier ones as well. Feel free to join in.

The 6 current books are mostly out of print now, but they were re-released a few years back as two omnibus books. You can find those on amazon and elsewhere. Fred is working on the last few comics of what will be book 7, and we're hoping DarkHorse of someone will publish that as well. If you don't want to wait for the dead-tree version, it's all available for free online.

Fred broadcasts his drawing work live on Twitch-Fredrin. So tune in if you want to see the latest comic in progress. And Fred also has a Patreon-Fredrin where you can help support Fred's comic work if you want.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

bgm.nyc

Re: New To MEGATOKYO

Post by bgm.nyc » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:51 pm

paarfi wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 am
Welcome. Glad to have you. Most discussion of the comic itself takes place in the Story Discussion section of this forum. We're typically talking about the latest comic that Fred has done, but we'd be happy to talk earlier ones as well. Feel free to join in.

The 6 current books are mostly out of print now, but they were re-released a few years back as two omnibus books. You can find those on amazon and elsewhere. Fred is working on the last few comics of what will be book 7, and we're hoping DarkHorse of someone will publish that as well. If you don't want to wait for the dead-tree version, it's all available for free online.

Fred broadcasts his drawing work live on Twitch-Fredrin. So tune in if you want to see the latest comic in progress. And Fred also has a Patreon-Fredrin where you can help support Fred's comic work if you want.
Thank you! I just started Omnibus 2! I will hopefully catch up to be up to speed with everyone!