February 18 marked one full year since the last appearance of the "core four."

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

IrwinFletcher

February 18 marked one full year since the last appearance of the "core four."

Post by IrwinFletcher » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:34 pm

This is why I ended my Patreon backing in September, as this storyline with Ping and the fox people has just dragged and dragged and now we've got the scientist guy offending sign language users.

I'll check back in August, maybe that fox girl will be finished writing a new story for Ping by that point.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: February 18 marked one full year since the last appearance of the "core four."

Post by paarfi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Well, it's a big comic now. This happens. I hope you'll like it better when you come back.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

maldrul

Re: February 18 marked one full year since the last appearance of the "core four."

Post by maldrul » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 pm

There are a million stories in the city they call 'MegaTokyo'. These are just some of them :>

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 am

SpoilerShow
Next chapter: Kimiko has a pregnancy scare while Largo battles his opioid addiction! Same MegaTokyo time, same MegaTokyo channel!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 am

SpoilerShow
Heh, I sort of recall this picture was named 'location hunting' somewhere?
EDIT: it was here even :)

so PxK in RL is an item already for a long, long time .... ;)
Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 am
SpoilerShow
Next chapter: Kimiko has a pregnancy scare while Largo battles his opioid addiction! Same MegaTokyo time, same MegaTokyo channel!
SpoilerShow
Piro earns tons of money working on the Sight game, returns to 'states where neither Kimi's nor Miho's horde can't reach... real dick move would that be, right ?
Last edited by cidjen on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 am

When I first saw this thread (wasn't it originally in Central? :lol:) I felt disappointed, and a little annoyed with the OP: the title made me hope/assume it was going to be about the only Core of any importance in the comic... although that one was more like sixteen years ago, but oh well.
Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 am
SpoilerShow
Unfortunately the archived old forums are still down, so I can't back this up, but about ten years ago I made a quip to the effect that Fred (and by extension the other mods) were always saying stuff that would totally get a rescripter banned if they tried to pull it. Invisigoth has consistently been the most outstanding exemplar of this observation. 8-)

Hmm, the specific subject of that spoiler (well one of them anyway) does remind me of a rescript I did on that topic that I didn't get banned for.
SpoilerShow
I guess technically it wasn't so much a "pregnancy scare" as a "scary pregnancy"... :shock:
(Again, shame the archives are still not accessible, cuz that was one wacky thread...)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 am

darrin wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:24 am

Unfortunately the archived old forums are still down, so I can't back this up, but about ten years ago I made a quip to the effect that Fred (and by extension the other mods) were always saying stuff that would totally get a rescripter banned if they tried to pull it. Invisigoth has consistently been the most outstanding exemplar of this observation. 8-)

That gives me sort of an idea: some older comics/storylines, I guess they were outdiscussed to oblivion, but since all that is gone, we have a chance to rewrite what we didn't know :)

It's like getting a chance to tell everybody that you were thinking this will go as it went this way, even if you didn't - no one can call you out on that any more :) except if you claimed it on the new forum already, then it will not work...

It is similar to getting a clean slate on saying anything :) You can say anything and we will believe you :)

[there seem to be quite a lot of old archive still in archive.org if one selects the right date... going further back may be a bit odd but seems to work.]
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Darrin, this rescript of yours almost caused Fred to lose his head canon

https://photobucket.com/gallery/user/dc ... zQx/?ref=1

If the OP thought that the Ping and kitsune arc was bad he'd really not want to seen what would have happened if this had an influence....

BTW the reason that I've got a Mod status is that Fred got tired of my being banned all the time and then him having to unban me so now I am a mod :D

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:21 pm

And here I thought mine had a plausible arc... The hit...
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:46 pm
BTW the reason that I've got a Mod status is that Fred got tired of my being banned all the time and then him having to unban me so now I am a mod :D
That... is for some reason both unsurprising, and very very satisfying. :lol: :lol:

In fact, I really feel politics in general would be greatly improved if such a policy were followed. For example, you should not be allowed to run for a second term as President, unless you got impeached during your first term.

@HakuRyoku: Excellent. :lol: :lol: :lol: I could have used that as ammunition in the "Does {Miho/Kimiko} love Piro, does Piro love Miho or Kimiko" debates a few dozen threads back. :D

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:27 am

(somehow, reading this thread shows in my imagination pictures of my face, like a all-bruised-and-abused-from-grave-beating-meme and captioned 'We are here now, because "[1549] The sum of our parts" became too deep, philosophical and difficult to follow')...

How far could one go to get banned? :)

I liked @HakuRyoku's rescript(s) :) Wonder if you'd let me add them to my 'queue of things to polonize after finishing doing the official .pl' ? :)

(this would be also most likely what will happen with @darrin's rescripts, I am just so out of steam recently that I can barely keep up with releasing 3 comics per day on .pl... I blame this bad habit of compulsively reading manga these days too, huh, what.)

I kinda like the way the story is progressing. That no matter what we come up with here, Fred continues to surprise us (and still we get the winks 'don't ask me how I know' lol). Even if we can point to entire comics at 2AM... and still get some details out of them that we overlooked at first.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 pm

cidjen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:27 am
(this would be also most likely what will happen with @darrin's rescripts, I am just so out of steam recently that I can barely keep up with releasing 3 comics per day on .pl...
Hmm, there is one of mine that might potentially require less effort in that sense... You would just need to find a copy of the original, as opposed to doing a translation of the translation. ;)

And yes, that is my favorite love poem, in case anyone was wondering. 8-)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 pm

darrin wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 pm
cidjen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:27 am
(this would be also most likely what will happen with @darrin's rescripts, I am just so out of steam recently that I can barely keep up with releasing 3 comics per day on .pl...
Hmm, there is one of mine that might potentially require less effort in that sense... You would just need to find a copy of the original, as opposed to doing a translation of the translation. ;)

And yes, that is my favorite love poem, in case anyone was wondering. 8-)
Haha,
I dig Stanislaw Lem :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:50 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 pm
I dig Stanislaw Lem :)
When I was in grad school and at one point my boss finally got me a new computer, the sysadmin asked what name I wanted it to have.

I said trurl.

This ended up annoying a HUGE number of people in the lab, since "trurl" is surprisingly difficult to pronounce by native speakers of English, Japanese, Chinese, and pretty much every other nationality represented in our lab at the time.

I reluctantly offered to switch to "klapaucius"... at which point I was told that fine, I could keep trurl. :lol:

That rescript by the way was my entry in a Valentine's Day fanworks thread; sadly the archives are still down, or I could point to a lot of great contributions by a lot of other folk besides me. :(

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:53 am

darrin wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:50 pm

That rescript by the way was my entry in a Valentine's Day fanworks thread; sadly the archives are still down, or I could point to a lot of great contributions by a lot of other folk besides me. :(
Good thing there is always archive.org :) it's a snapshot per snapshot service and might not have a lot beyond first page of some long threads, but it's at least something ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 am

I remember that fanworks thread (if its the Valentine's Day one I think it is) theres a very awkward fanfic from me in there...
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:31 am

HakuRyoku wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:33 am
I remember that fanworks thread (if its the Valentine's Day one I think it is) theres a very awkward fanfic from me in there...
I was active in the old forums from 2006 to 2009 (and then dropped away till 2017... which i feel really guilty about the gap now, but can't be helped :(). So if that's the time frame you are thinking of (I do remember your username from back then, not sure about specific threads sorry) that is most likely it. :D

@cidjen: I took a look at archive.org, but could only find snapshots of top level pages; I couldn't go down into any actual threads I tried. Plus the forum archives had search by user and search by words in a post.

EDIT:
Further circumstantial evidence for the time frame: this Ping filk claims to have been submitted in Feb. 2007 (it mentions strip 967 which was also Feb. 2007). The "I already did that" quip in the intro is almost certainly a ref to my Lem rescript, so I would bet good donuts that is the date range of the Valentine's Day thread I was referring to (early February 2007).

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:35 am

=D
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —