NOTIFICATIONS OF UPDATES, EMAIL MAILING LISTS...

JMAlberts

NOTIFICATIONS OF UPDATES, EMAIL MAILING LISTS...

Post by JMAlberts » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 am

People still read this comic, you know. I know you've been through some bad shit, Fred, but don't abandon your comic!

Notify readers by email when you update. Smart right.

From one creator to another.

People still read your books fred. Never forget that. But how can we remember if we're not reminded??

love - Kimiko

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: NOTIFICATIONS OF UPDATES, EMAIL MAILING LISTS...

Post by paarfi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 am

JMAlberts wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:30 am
People still read this comic, you know. I know you've been through some bad shit, Fred, but don't abandon your comic!

Notify readers by email when you update. Smart right.

From one creator to another.

People still read your books fred. Never forget that. But how can we remember if we're not reminded??

love - Kimiko
Thanks for still reading, JM. I don't expect Fred is going to set up an email list to announce new comics, but you have a lot of options for knowing when a new comic is out already.

When Fred finishes a new comic, he posts it to his Patreon site first. If you are a supporter of his Patreon (even if only at $1/month), you'll get to see the latest comic a day early and Patreon will send you email notifications.

If you don't want to do that (and that's totally fine if you don't), then you can see the comic the next day when he posts it to the main site. The main Megatokyo site has an RSS feed, so you use a newsreader or something like Feedly you can have new comics show as part of your news feed.

At the same time as he posts to the main site, Fred also posts the comic to the Megatokyo Facebook page. If you Facebook, that's an alternative to get notified about new comics as well.

Fred also posts notifications of the new comic to his personal Twitter. There is a Megatokyo Twitter as well, which is supposed to be just for new comic notification and without all of Fred's personal tweets, but he doesn't always remember to tweet to that account too.

Beyond the stuff that Fred does himself, when a new comic is posted to the Patreon, someone (usually me) will start a new thread in the Story Discussion section on this forum. So if you hang out here, you can know that way.

daPete will post the new comic to the Megatokyo subreddit usually within a day or two of Fred posting it to the main site. So if you Reddit regularly, you can subscribe to that subreddit and it will show on your front page.

And finally, Fred does most of his comic (and other work) streamed live on Twitch. If you follow his twitch channel, it will notify you when he's working live so you can see the comic as it is being made, and have a good idea of when it will be done.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

JMAlberts

Post by JMAlberts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:42 am

Patreon is only $1? As soon as I get a few spares, Sign me up brother!

JMAlberts

Post by JMAlberts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:44 am

Is it possible to use Feedburner with Megatokyo? That's what I use for the End Times Webcomic, on blogger to notify MY fans. Then I thought "Why don't more creators try this??"