'as good as Twitter ' idea?

cidjen

'as good as Twitter ' idea?

Post by cidjen » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:17 pm

So I intend to ask this here...

Not my words and I don't remember the name of the sauce,

But someone said something along the lines "before social media, we had myriads of sites that linked with each other. Now with social media, we are all users of the Same Service tagging each other. Who would have thunk our audience would prefer the latter..."

But all is not lost folks...

Here's the Idea:

Use the main site Rant areas make them as easy to post stuff as Twitter was. And as for audience comments, make all those a thread on the forums...

Or just turn the rant area into a forum viewpoint.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Rapierman

Re: 'as good as Twitter ' idea?

Post by Rapierman » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:05 pm

Given what's been posted on Twitter, do you really want to do something like that? 😬
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:20 pm

Well functionally, you know...

At least so there would be a forum thread attached and linked or iframed to the rant. Given what was being posted on Twitter... This broadcast nature of tweeting never stopped anybody :J

(I never got a Twitter account at first cuz of its privacy tracking, like, requiring a phone number not just email... And afterwards also BC of the general lackadaisical approach and celebrity overload and overweird and overhang and whatnot. If we owe it's current owner anything, if it goes down the drain… it'll be a service to humanity imo. World will be a better off place without Twitter (or FB/meta too, actually).)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:54 am

If I was to express this idea in a meme, it would be

https://imgflip.com/i/6zpg9g

Or

https://imgflip.com/i/6zpgeq
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:00 pm

cidjen wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:54 am
If I was to express this idea in a meme, it would be

https://imgflip.com/i/6zpg9g

Or

https://imgflip.com/i/6zpgeq
Yeah... "Make the rant section as good as Twitter" idea seems kind of unneeded. So Twitter and Facebook and TickTock have taken over the interwebs. But they're all kind of inane and evil and addictive. So while it seems like it would be kind of nice to have something that would compete with them, it also seems difficult to do without addictive tendencies, personal information selling, and inanity. Paywall sites do seem like a good idea to make selling personal information less tempting.
Just call me prissywings

Hashbrown Potatoes

Post by Hashbrown Potatoes » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:29 pm

Well Facebook and Twitter at least seem to be problems that are solving themselves.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:12 pm

In all this commotion,

One thing springs to my mind...

Bear in mind I don't consider myself a fan of the current owner of Twitter. I just follow (not in Twitter sense) a lot of what his business (es) is (are) doing .

In the meantime... Twitch is owned by (a subsidiary of) Amazon...

But here are other less billionaire dependant streaming services like, maybe Floatplane (I bet they would welcome Fred really warmly… I bet there be some MT geeks among them... but this one is ran by a Canadian youtuber so idk what's worse...)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish