Confessions of a beginner translator

cidjen

Re: Confessions of a beginner translator

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Yay,
thanks to the works of the volunteers,

Megalettering is usable again :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

and we're 200 pages behind, in .pl...

In this episode of COBT with cidjen-

How do you call a girl you like(d) 'stupid' in polish and not have her slap your face [1365]?

Umm... I don't know. I left it as is, as I recognize the highschool 'stupid' trope, hope the readers will recognize too.

But I cranked the 'stinginess' up a bit, from both Miho's and Piro's end, to how PROBABLY such conversations would occur back in MY DAYS (20-25 years ago). So the person 'slapping'/'stinging' verbally (should be) Miho first, then Piro retaliates with the 'stupid'; no GBH occurs because it's an 'equivalent exchange', or rather, I believe this would be the intention.

In previous story page - the SCIENCE does not have (at least back then didn't) an equivalent 'subject' name in polish; What is 'science' for you, is (was) divided into physics, maths, biology and chemistry subjects, with dedicated and specialized teachers for each.

(on the other hand I am resisting to joke to translate 'science' to just 'chemia' (chemistry); just for the laughs, as in, who would put Largo in charge of a potentially dangerous chemistry experiments... oh scratch that, can't resist. Updated the page.) (This is funny to me because I actually liked the chemistry lessons I had, when I had them. Also Largo actually has great... ahem... chemistry... about him. So yeah.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Actually scratch chemistry. It's going to be physics (fizyka) because, well... It's easier to make the joke of Junpei getting, physical...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:55 am

Yay what a ride :) finished chapter 11 in .pl on https://www.megatokyo.it/comic/pl1418/m ... racy-serca !

There will be a bit of a break but I'm jumping back to T3h B34(|-| Omake on Sunday :) the links will be in the rant section.

Regular service on Chapter 12, will resume after the Omake. Also there will be (already were) corrections and remodelling on some pages.

Thank you for reading, see you in Ch12 : Broken !
----

Ale jazda :) koniec rozdziału 11 po polsku, https://www.megatokyo.it/comic/pl1418/m ... racy-serca !

Z mojej strony będzie trochę przerwy, ale za to Omake : |\|4 P14ży zaczyna się w niedzielę - będą linki w sekcji komentarzy autorskich.

Regularne wydania rozdziału 12 nastąpią po Omake. A także (to już było) korekcje i przemodelowania na niektórych stronach.

Dzięki za to, że nas czytasz :) do zobaczenia w rozdziale 12! (jeszcze nie zdecydowałem, jak przetłumaczyć tytuł na polski, są niuanse).
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:58 am

Thanks again for doing this cidjen. I never would have been able to appreciate manga without english translations, and I hope there's polish-speaking folks who will find and enjoy MT because of your work. Folks who do translations make good things accessible to the world, and that's wonderful.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:13 am

Well I don't even know whether we at megatokyo.it are even hitting any visits :) there are no statistics... it is perfectly possible that exactly NO ONE is reading this work yet ;) but I sort-of thought to myself, that I'm not going to start 'advertising' or even posting info about this on Other Social Media, until I catch up with current 'raws' :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun May 24, 2020 8:09 pm

OMFG WTF BBQ,
COVID lockdown is such a drag,
I haven't translated this little in a long, long time :( even when the prepared bubbles ran out, I could work on it more before lockdown...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish