Polish scanlation of chapter 5 has completed / Dokończenie tłumaczenia rozdziału 5 na polski

cidjen

Polish scanlation of chapter 5 has completed / Dokończenie tłumaczenia rozdziału 5 na polski

Post by cidjen » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:33 am

Hi,
To whom this may me news, I will write in English first.
As a hobby project I have taken on to translate Megatokyo to Polish, starting where the original translators left off.
I have just concluded scanlating chapter 5.
Unlike my predecessors, I am not translating everything. I've focused on story pages only, for now.
I regret I could not find a typeface of the original, with polish diacritics... Actually one of the previous translators did say he edited the font files to achieve that. My skills don't go that far.

Also if you are curious why did I leave some speech bubbles and sfx unchanged from original - some explanation is that I don't want to spoil the artwork by redrawing, but also, I consider my work to not be like perfect dubbing in a movie, but more like a dubbing lector: you get to hear the original actors tone of voice, their emotions, yet it's easier to follow than subtitles. I know it's kinda hard to follow this reasoning, but movies dubbed like that are really a thing in Poland (on TV mostly)

Starting next, I am considering taking on a slightly different approach: I will try to scanlate each chapter from its beginning. I hope this will be the easiest method to catch up.

I will continue uploading the translated pages to cidjen.imgur.com (link in sig).

To all that offered me help so far and to all that would like to, I thank you.
Anyone willing to contact me for anything, please use forum PM. This is the only option I will accept communication from, at this time. I have my reasons.
I am a volunteer, I do not do this for any kind of monetary profit.
--------------
Witam wszystkich forumowiczów, którzy mówią po polsku :)

Właśnie zakończyłem tłumaczenie rozdziału 5 Megatokyo, od miejsca gdzie poprzednia załoga zakończyła.
Kolejne rozdziały będę próbował tłumaczyć każdy od początku, wszystkie jednocześnie.

Wyniki mojej pracy będę zamieszczać na cidjen.imgur.com, link w stopce.

Jeżeli ktoś ma ochotę się przyłączyć, albo ma jakieś uwagi, proszę użyć PM tu na forum - to jedyna droga żeby się ze mną kontaktować.

Pracuję nad tym wyłącznie dla własnej satysfakcji, stąd pewne uproszczenia (np użycie nieoryginalnej czcionki). Mój czas który mogę poświęcić również nie jest nieskończony, stąd decyzja o skoncentrowaniu się na głównym wątku. Może kiedyś dojrzeję do tłumaczenia reszty. Na razie mam tyle czasu ile mam.

Do następnego razu,
Cidjen.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Re: Polish scanlation of chapter 5 has completed / Dokończenie tłumaczenia rozdziału 5 na polski

Post by cidjen » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:22 pm

Starting today, I am redirecting my translation effort to the official Megatokyo Lettering System :) there's a few snags here and there but even if it doesn't look the part at the start, it can be revisited. I am certainly looking forward to working with it :)

–---------

Od dziś, przestawiam się na tłumaczenie na oficjalnej stronie megatokyo.it przez MegaLettering. Nawet jeśli z początku nie będzie perfekcyjnie, fajne w tym systemie jest że można zmienić / ulepszyć je później. Już nie mogę się doczekać :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )