re. Fredrin's tweet about Minecraft...

cidjen

re. Fredrin's tweet about Minecraft...

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:26 pm

If you are reading this: what about a server mod where your character can be played according to what you want, or when you disconnect, it continues playing just with the normal, mundane everyday stuff, like Endgames servers ... Essentially becomes an NPC when no player is connected to the character or decides to not get out of autopilot.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Hashbrown Potatoes

Re: re. Fredrin's tweet about Minecraft...

Post by Hashbrown Potatoes » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:45 pm

So kind of like Ark servers where your character just sleeps when you are not online?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:54 am

Hashbrown Potatoes wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:45 pm
So kind of like Ark servers where your character just sleeps when you are not online?
Not just sleep, more like, your character just switches to survival mode as a bot (like, doing some hunting, gathering, defense of the home, maybe training if that is a thing but only to sustain itself, not to get more advanced). Would not mean it can't die either, but just that it has a script of what to do when player's offline. Oh and when player comes online, can choose to play or spectate from character perspective.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Hashbrown Potatoes

Post by Hashbrown Potatoes » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:08 pm

Okay, so like an autopilot for characters. I could definitely see resource farmers abusing that heavily.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:24 pm

Hashbrown Potatoes wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:08 pm
Okay, so like an autopilot for characters. I could definitely see resource farmers abusing that heavily.
I can see that too, but, there could be measures against that. Like, the 'autopilot' will only ever perform 'life's' basic functions, the 'mundane everyday stuff'.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:57 am

Wa-hey I feel vindicated;)

Someone literally used something similar to this idea in a multi player game, with the nice addition that it's placed in real life 1:1 (!) mechanics and scenery from my old home country - and the game scenarios literally runs on rails: it's SimRail!

It lets players be drivers or dispatchers on a railway system and, being a driver you can shadow an AI first to see what it should look like;) have a nice ride alongs ( I have not played it yet, it seems to be pretty popular with simtubers and simtwitchers though)

Ha- ha!
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:32 am

Not gonna post a link cause it spies,
but, go find Linus Tech Tips on Youtube, The WAN Show, from 14th of April 2023 and scroll to 8m 46s.

Jaw. dropping.

TL;DW: they are in this section describing something exactly like the Endgames I'd imagine would be from Fred's description :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish