Honeyworks?

mostlyharmless

Honeyworks?

Post by mostlyharmless » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Trying to fit together the puzzle pieces of 3 anime that are apparently connected:

I've Always Liked You
The Moment You Fall in Love
Our Love has Always Been 10 Centimeters Apart

I saw the first months ago (largely forgotten now) and the sequel was supposed to be out 6 months later, which it apparently was and I missed. Now the third title is coming out, but not sure if it's the start of a series or is considered the 3rd in the series & there will be 3 more titles loosely connected like the others.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press- ... te/.123493

Doesn't seem like the websites are doing all they could to cross reference these anime.

DaRk_KnIgHt

Re: Honeyworks?

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Are they even connected? I'm pretty sure the only connection is that they are all based off songs done by the Honeyworks band.

I've watched the first one and thought it was the blandest piece of shit ever and never really paid the others much heed.

The third title should be based off the song "Hatsukoi no Ehon" - the anime title being a line of the lyrics. I'm actually quite fond of that song, particularly Wotamin's cover. But I've been kinda cautious about checking out the anime at all since I thought the first was an absolute waste of time.

Also the last vocaloid inspired anime I checked out - Mekaku City Actors was also kinda a massive waste of time. And it was based off a lot of songs that actually tried to tell a story. These Honeyworks songs are just these love songs that don't actually lend THAT much to making a whole bloody anime series off.

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Yeah, the vid quality is nice on "Liked", but I started to re-watch it and thought "Well, maybe I can just watch the last 5 min." because the 2nd title *is supposed to be* the sequel.

omoikane
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by omoikane » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:20 pm

This is way better than Mekaku City Actors. It's generally short and to the point, as long as you know you are not watching it for the plot.

Because these are pretty much the most basic archetype plots? Like, that's not a problem if you are in to enjoy ships or cute characters or music. Or in my case voice acting.

The first two movies are connected, same characters, same time line and setting.

The new mini-series is in the same setting, but I guess it's a spinoff? I don't Honeyworks so I don't know. Supposedly everything in Confess Your Love Committee is in the same universe I guess.